PDA

View Full Version : Costs of 25 hours bizjet rental

eltonioni
25th Oct 2007, 16:48
A pal has decided that he needs to travel top class and has been quoted €100k for 25 hours wheels off - wheels on for a 6 pax jet.
Does that sound right?

fernytickles
25th Oct 2007, 16:50
It varies considerably with aircraft type and country, so a wee bit more info would help.

eltonioni
25th Oct 2007, 17:11
Good question. He reckons that he flew a Citation XLS last weekend to Paris, though I suspect that it was a Challenger that turned up.

IRISHPILOT
25th Oct 2007, 17:18
sounds about ok, considering that these 25 hours are probably not in one go but over a couple of days, so you have to take availability and possible ferry flights into account.
If you PM me the exact dates and destinations, I can double check (maybe undercut them) :ok:

eltonioni
25th Oct 2007, 17:21
Definately not in one go, block booked, destinations unknown.

He's a bit nervous at even getting in a DA40 with me so he's not exactly technical and I've only got half a story. ;)

IRISHPILOT
25th Oct 2007, 17:27
In that case he got a good price.

so this aircraft may position from somewhere in Europe to Doncaster, take him to Paris, then position back. if he needs 2 legs on another day, add an overnight for the crew.

Generally every engine start up is charged extra (anywhere from 200 to 1000 Euros, depending on aircraft).

Not many aircraft will wait for a couple of days, so ferrying is normal. Definitely a good price, we would probably charge more...

blablablafly
25th Oct 2007, 19:45
Is 10 k an ok price for a Ford?

You mean a Ka, Focus, Taunus or Mondeo they all take 5 pax, 5, 10 or 20 years old, maintained by Jimwillfixitatspecialprice or your local Ford dealer, new or 10 careful owners..

Stupid question and answer isn't it? But similar to yours: type of aircarft, age of aircraft, quality of the operator, training by the operator, insurance of the company, stability of the company you want to give your money to, is it a broker, etc are all things that need to be known before you can even consider answering it! ;)

jamesarmstrong
26th Oct 2007, 09:09
We pay skytime at EGBJ less than 5,000 EUR per hour and thats occupied time so no positioning to be taken into account at all - might work to be a better deal?? and thats with guaranteed aircraft.

To be honest, 5k is about the norm for most of the 'usual' block hours providers but you would get a lower rate from an owner dealing direct but you lose some of the other benefits that come from a more 'strucutured' deal.

You pay your money you take your choice. :ok: