PDA

View Full Version : Don't look at Crew Direct!

Frogman1484
25th Oct 2007, 05:39
Hi Guys,

If you want to cause Management some problems , do not look at crew direct. Every time they manage to change your flight a few days /hours before your sign on, it is something less they have to worry about, plus it buys them time to juggle the flights and crews.

One of the CC guys told me that they will not be able to manage if they have to call you, because , you can screen their call, plus they are also having to call a dozen more crews, they just do not have the time to do so.

If you are on reserve let them call you when your reserve starts!

And by the way do not work on G days, you cannot believe on how much you are helping them in cutting costs by working on G days. Once again the CC guys say they are laughing at us that we are accepting a Gday call out instead of going in to Overtime.

SMOC
27th Oct 2007, 17:47
I have a Crew direct message waiting as I saw it, and my phone is off, what's that MacDonalds saying...."I'm lovin it!" Now let's just all do it. It's called Unity.

I am an Army of One.

flyingkiwi
28th Oct 2007, 16:00
absolutely agree, am sick of them asking for the favours and then when you want one,,,sorry cannot,,, just got a call out off reserve..... making my month 97hrs... what crewing problem??

The less we help them by answering phones and checking crew direct the better position we are in...

My question is what is ST and the AOA doing and why havnt they said or done anything, i mean we are all pretty much doing our own contract compliance lets make it official.

And Commanders descretion should be a flat no, whan was the last time the company helped us out, so why should we push fatigue limits to help them.

badairsucker
29th Oct 2007, 01:09
I for one are fed up with this one sided attitude of our working conditions. CX just take take and take some more, and give us fu@k all back.

Well I am not giving anything back to CX, that's for sure.:ugh:

wombatatico
29th Oct 2007, 02:05
Flying Kiwi,

I can understand your questioning of the AOA's silence:

My question is what is ST and the AOA doing and why havnt they said or done anything, i mean we are all pretty much doing our own contract compliance lets make it official.

However, a while back you posted this:

Unbenowen to that committee member i had my AOA application form and cheque in my bag, I was on my way to post it when i stopped for the coffee. The only place that application went was the bin.

Choosing not to support the AOA is your choice. That's fine. But I guess ST's and the AOA's question to you would be: "vice complaining and hurting the AOA's leverage by being in the significant minority of non-AOA members that NR alludes to often, what are you doing to improve the situation"?

Frogman1484
29th Oct 2007, 05:00
Jizzmonkey...trust me on this, the amount of times that you catch the wrong flight on crew direct is actually minimal.

Reserve pretty much takes care of it's self. Often though you will get a call out 3-4 days before the trip, which means once you have acknowledge it, CC do not have to worried about manning the trip.

Often they will give you a flight that leaves early in the morning which is within 2hours of starting reserve and therefore they know that the flight will be manned on time.

By not looking at the CD system, they have to call you on the phone and still give you enough time to get there, the more they do it the harder it gets for them!

DO NOT LOOK AT CREW DIRECT!!!!

Colin Oskopi
29th Oct 2007, 09:42
Couldn't agree more, nothing like accepting a change that has you signing on four hours before your reserve starts! Minimum contact.

SMOC
29th Oct 2007, 13:16
Just bumped into a guy who had no idea that working a G day was stopping someone going into O/T, nor the fact he should be paid 5% not 2.5%, we have to get the message out not to work Gs and don't touch crew direct. Keeps my roster stable which is good.

Stagecoach Driver
31st Oct 2007, 07:12
I have been on the CX payroll for nearly 20 years and in all that time I have never refused to work a GDO simply because I never talk to CC unless I am on Reserve or checking in following a duty period. Mind you I have had many unanswered calls from CC at every shift change and eventually it all seems to melt away. I remember when GDO was defined as a Guaranteed Day OFF!:

jagman
31st Oct 2007, 11:30
Listen to the Stagecoach man. He talk BIG sense. I've done 20+ too. They take and don't give. Me too!! Don't answer phone. Don't extend. Nice stable approaches from below Glideslope. Their fuel - not mine!! Fuel hurts doesn't it?? Yes - thought so...............

Frogman1484
31st Oct 2007, 14:01
Keep the pressure mounting.Look at what is happening at KA.

Even Eddinton is in the papers today in Australia talking about the pilot shortage around the world.

DON"T LOOK AT CREW DIRECT!!!