PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming to the Sixes?

montz
25th Oct 2007, 03:43
Hi everyone. This is my first thread. :)

Since Cathay Pacific has been for many years (if not since the very beginning) a HUGE sponsor for the annual Cricket Sixes, I thought I'd post a new thread to see how many you of SOs, FOs, Captains, etc. :p are going be at the event this weekend.

I'm going to be there. Are you? ;)

Penske
25th Oct 2007, 04:05
Is that some kind of sport?

montz
25th Oct 2007, 05:18
yup! here, check it out: http://www.cricketsixes.hk

Buttie Box
25th Oct 2007, 09:20
As much as I object to the Americanisation...sorry, ...zation of the UK, baseball really can't come quick enough.

BB

beerboy
25th Oct 2007, 09:21
How do we spot you Montz? Will you be in uniform?

montz
25th Oct 2007, 09:30
no i won't be, beerboy!

i didn't create this thread for that reason - i'm just curious to know how many CX (and non-CX) folks are going to be there. given the number of years that CX have been one of the two BIG sponsors (the other being Standard Chartered), it's expected that there will be lots of CX people at the event. so all i'm doing is simply seeing how many ppl from here on PPRune are going to be coming. :)

PS: considering what you chose as your nickname, i think i know where i'll be able to find you! :} lol

beerboy
25th Oct 2007, 10:14
Montz, if you've been reading the threads on pprune, I think you'll find that people will go to the cricket sixes because they love cricket and a piss up. They couldn't care less who sponsors it, in fact they probably think that CX sponsoring it is a bit of a turn off because it means less bonus!! hahaha
and if you go by your logic, the standard chartered marathon should have lots and lots of bankers running..hmm

jtr
25th Oct 2007, 11:30
Sounds like code for a golf day.

montz
27th Oct 2007, 14:42
in fact they probably think that CX sponsoring it is a bit of a turn off because it means less bonus

wow beerboy! i never thought about it that way...honestly :eek:

anyways, i have a question guys: because CX is such a major sponsor of the event, surely the company is given a lot of free tickets. my question is: who in the company gets / may get them ? do all the HK-based pilots get a couple of 'em? (that would be sweet ;))

thanks. :) cheers :ok:

jtr
27th Oct 2007, 23:54
Yes montz, CX does reserve tickets for flight crew. If you wish to get some go to the Flight Crew Occupation Satisfaction and Wellbeing counter. It is just next to the Expat Travel counter. Max 4 per crew I think. Don't forget your staff ID.