PDA

View Full Version : Jetway & Indigo

HiddenDragon
24th Oct 2007, 23:19
Hi there!
Can anyone explain the process of Sponsoring the A320 Type Rating at Jetway in Paris and the "consecutive" recruitment for a Second Officer position at Indigo.
I would like to know in terms of all expenses to Jetway, the base and line training at Indigo, costs, salary before the end of line training as a Second Officer, the contract and all the tiny things that you may consider important for me to know!
Thanks

nicholasblonde
27th Oct 2007, 22:33
Tiny things for you to know is that there are about 5 other places also "promising" line training/SO jobs with IndiGo. Bond Aviation Services in Florida, CAE in Madrid, Simcenter/ICPilot in Florida, Simcorp in Florida, and who knows who else.

Read the thread on here entitled "IndiGo and the pay-for-play wannabes".

This topic has been discussed in depth. Don't believe anything anyone tells you unless you have 1000 hours total time, OR 500 multiengine hours OR 100 hours on type. Otherwise the DGCA won't even validate your license.

CAE would be your best option, as they are actually mentioned on IndiGo's website (unlike the other 10 or so places saying they can offer SO training for INdiGo).

I'm pretty sure CAE has its own training captains go down there to fly with you...unless your TRTO is going to send their own captain to fly with you, you might have to wait a long time, and might never get line training, b/c there is a limited capacity for SOs due to limited training capt. availability.