PDA

View Full Version : Daily Per Diems

Bearing 123
24th Oct 2007, 17:42
Hi All,

I know this has been spoken about before,and I have done a search but for the life of me, I can't find the thread, so please bear with me.

What should the normal PD be for a CJ3 F/O in UK. Also is it supposed to increase with a fleet change, i.e. moving to a 800XP or is it a standard PD.

Many Thanks

Flintstone
24th Oct 2007, 18:01
"Daily per diems".

Are they like ATM machines (automatic teller machine machines) and PIN numbers (personal identity number numbers)?

Why would they increase with larger aircraft? Does a pilot on a Hawker eat more than one on a CJ3?

Bearing 123
24th Oct 2007, 18:16
Oops Silly me Flintstone !!! and there was me thinking that I could get some helpful advice on here. :ugh:
Good point about the 800 driver eating more than a CJ chappie though :ok:

Flintstone
24th Oct 2007, 21:24
Yeah, sorry about that. I mean, it's not as if the info isn't on here somewhere:p http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=297589

Bearing 123
24th Oct 2007, 21:27
Thanks Flintstone, appreciate it.

Duck Rogers
24th Oct 2007, 21:53
On a similar note have you heard of the £800 one-off payment you can claim from Inland Revenue?

I don't have the details to hand but could dig it up unless some generous soul beats me to it.

Bearing 123
25th Oct 2007, 08:03
:ooh:Please do tell more!!!!!!!! £800 free? from the Taxman? I'll have some of that thanks.:D

bbj3
25th Oct 2007, 15:30
We are on $225 a day-think we are near the top end,average seems to be in the region of $100 to $150
Hope that helps

CJ Driver
25th Oct 2007, 23:05
Your company may have different rules, but I have never been particularly fond of per diems. You need to consider what your employer will NOT pay for as a result of giving you this "free money", and then figure out if you are actually better off.

The advantage for the employee is that instead of collecting receipts and filling in expense claims for small living expenses, you just pay for everything out of your own pocket, and claim the per diem instead. The advantage for the employer is that it is easier to hand out a per diem than it is to actually process expense claims for bus tickets and bars of chocolate.

In each case, employee and employer, you hope that the result is slightly cash positive, and administratively simpler.

Some years ago my employer had a policy that you could EITHER collect a per diem of $50 (it was worth more then) with no receipts required OR you could claim back whatever you spent on food, snacks, etc with a full expense claim (with receipts) but no per diem. The employees divided cleanly into two camps - the guys who sat in their hotel rooms eating Big Macs and looking forward to the "profit" they would make on the per diem, and the guys (including me) who considered it our duty to eat fine foods and drink fine wines to ensure that we routinely exceeded the $50 "target". I certainly know who had more fun!
;)

ToneTheWone
26th Oct 2007, 22:25
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM50000.htm (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM50000.htm)

Beer vouchers to me please:ok:

Flintstone
26th Oct 2007, 23:36
Damn you Tone, I logged in to post that.

How'd you fancy sharing the beer with the originator of the idea?

That being me :E

ToneTheWone
27th Oct 2007, 09:00
Flintstone, I'm nothing if not fair. It's a deal, beer vouchers split 50/50. Don't hold your breath though, nothing has turned up yet.

However if I was an accountant people would be beating my door down offerering bundles of cash for providing such information:{

Flintstone
27th Oct 2007, 10:24
Good man, see you in the pub.

Mine's a large one. Oooer missus, f'nar f'nar, snick snick etc

pfnotflying
30th Oct 2007, 09:39
I really depends in which contry you pay tax. I work for a UK person but I pay the taxes in Italy. For me it is better to pay by myself than claim the money back, because I didn't pay taxes on the refunds.

CE525BGuy
3rd Nov 2007, 03:53
I fly a CJ2/3 and get $2.00 an hour as an F/O in the U.S. I would like to know how that compares to other corporate U.S. rates. I came from a cargo airline that paid $1.45 an hour.