PDA

View Full Version : Quick advice

londonmet
24th Oct 2007, 16:41
Hello all,

I'm an F/O for a UK airline. On the turnaround at most airports I get asked for a quick answer where abouts is the best place to go to find work with min hours with fATPL.

Perfect example was last week in ACE when the dispatcher asked me where to go. I had hardly enough time to do the fueling, do the walkaround, have a ciggie and chill so I couldn't enter into a hour long convo. I needed some quick fire information that would be valuable to him/her and not me just fobbing them off.

Many thanks,

L Met

Mercenary Pilot
24th Oct 2007, 22:00
the best place to go to find work with min hours with fATPL

Just say Burger-King, they will take anyone. :ok:

Captain N
24th Oct 2007, 22:07
oh come on, u left out maccy d's they might consider

or if u got enough money Ryanair but dont expect much!

londonmet
25th Oct 2007, 17:29
Cheers ladies, helpful as ever! :ok:

R T Jones
25th Oct 2007, 17:52
Coming from someone who has recently been ground crew and always wanting to ask pilots questions and such it is really nice when they are able to have a quick chat with you. As one of the FR pilots is required to stand outside the aircraft while it is being refueled that was usually a good time to grab them! As a wannabe my advice to other wannabes in quick terms is read read read; Airliner world magazine, airline websites, any type of business news. That gives you an impression of how the industry is doing at the moment through various peoples opinion and facts. It’s certainly the way I remember finding out so much, one website leads to another, and eventually I had an impression in my head as the state of the industry and the way in which I wanted to go about doing my training.

londonmet
25th Oct 2007, 18:20
R T Jones,

Thank you very much. That's an angle I didn't think about.

Cheers,

L Met