PDA

View Full Version : ? QANTAS CUTTING JOBS

giblet
5th Apr 2001, 13:42
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON QANTAS' CURRENT ATTITUDE/PLANS FOR EMPLOYING CABIN CREW. HAVE THINGS REACHED A GRINDING HALT IN THE CABIN CREW DEPT AS WELL AS SENIOR MANAGEMENT??? ALSO WHY HAVE THEY ADVERTISED FOR CASUAL POSITIONS - WHAT IS THE IDEA OF RECRUITING CASUALS? A RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS

cabinboy
6th Apr 2001, 04:11
Giblet.

The questions you are asking are decided by management - the very people whose jobs are in jepoardy at the moment due to massive staff cutbacks. How would we know what is going on ?

We just work for them...

------------------
I don't mind flying. I always pass out before the plane leaves the ground — Naomi Campbell, supermodel.

Mr Seatback 2
6th Apr 2001, 15:20
The reason they're recruiting casuals is this - they're easy to fire and QF have NOOOOO obligation for redundancy payouts, leave, minimum hours of work - nothing!

Much easier to hire casuals than it is to hire permanent full time crew - just think of the savings! QF are! And come to think of it so do AN!!! OH BOY - do THEY like the savings!!!

Expect to be a freeze on any recruitment for the meantime - management would be too busy looking after their own jobs to worry about employing bright eyed, bushy taled and eager would be cabin crew. I should know - AN have done it MANY times!!

------------------
"I just LOVE those silver emergency slides!"