PDA

View Full Version : Pearl on the slide losing contracts

ringin
24th Oct 2007, 11:58
Had to happen sooner or later. :ugh:

Scare North have taken over from Pearl on the Granites contract due a/c and crewing problems. :ooh:

Panawonica has been dropped because they can't provide crew. :hmm:

Hedland down to minimal crew and soon to be closed. :bored:

Aeropearl unable to keep navaids flight checked within ICAO and ASA time limits. :8

Aeromed? Lets not even go there. :eek:

AeroRescue? mmm nor there. :\

Not looking good. :sad:

Gotta stop blaming everyone else mb, the ball is well and truly in your court. :=

And yes I know you read these forums. Cos that's where you get your info. :8

You have to tell your troops to stop spilling the beans to me cos I'm going to pass them on. :E

Tiger 77
24th Oct 2007, 12:15
Ringin...

Has the Granites contract been lost completely or are they just using x-hires from Air North? Isn't the granites a large proportion of the metro flying at Pearl?

I always thought that this company would be around forever providing stable long term employment. I guess things change...

Cheers,

Tiger.

ringin
24th Oct 2007, 12:20
Actually waiting on confirmation if it is the total contract or just the Darwin sector that is affected.

And not a cross hire but a granites pullout so I am told.

APMR
25th Oct 2007, 01:38
ringin,

How's the replacement CP coming along?

ringin
25th Oct 2007, 03:46
Word I've been given and you should know, is that they are putting a lot of pressure on MH to fill in.

Toodogs
25th Oct 2007, 09:37
Ringin,

Frankly, your contributions to threads involving Pearl Aviation are pathetic. If you are in fact an outsider to this organisation, I am astounded that you put so much effort into defaming the company and its management.

The information you provide is often inaccurate and does nothing for those people that want to see the company succeed.

The company is far from perfect, but it does have many fantastic people working for it and has great potential.

How about you attemp to get over whatever it is that has produced your hostile attitude toward PAA and allow this company to get itself together.

ringin
25th Oct 2007, 12:17
A mate of APMR no doubt. :bored:

Never doubted the caliber of those that work there, only report what I am told.

Obviously those within do not want to be implicated.

And remember:
Welcome to The PPRuNe Forums (The Professional Pilots Rumour Network). with emphasis on RUMOUR.

And sometimes the truth can hurt.

OAH or Seaeagle109, you are both from Brisbane, can you confirm the Aeropearl stuff to prove what I am saying is happening?

APMR, and surely you can confirm the Pearl stuff as well.

APMR
26th Oct 2007, 00:22
ringin,

A mate of APMR no doubt.

Don't know him, but with a positive attitude like that, he and I certainly could be mates!

What's with the "OAH" in the sign off to your previous post?

betaman
26th Oct 2007, 00:49
What's with the "OAH" in the sign off to your previous post? Yesterday 12:17

Basically ringin aka OAH has slipped up methinks:ooh:

ringin
26th Oct 2007, 01:24
Me thinks not! He's in Brissy, I'm not from there.

I was going to ask him if he could confirm or support what I posted and decided not to. Simple failure to delete the OAH.

Basically believe what you want, my concience is clear.

APMR

Seaeagle109
26th Oct 2007, 05:57
Ringin,

Yes, Aeropearl has been behind in completing tasks/taskings for several months due to crew shortages, aircraft unservicabilities and unfavourable weather. All navaids are legal though.

APMR
27th Oct 2007, 12:40
A short explanation to my Pearl Aviation colleagues about my recent posts:

I'm sure it is obvious that I feel strongly about certain events that occurred around the time of our vote.

For who-knows-what reason, the guiding principles came online and demanded I call the reps to account over those events.

Right or wrong, that was how I felt and the guiding principles would not allow any other course.

Today, I telephoned all 3 reps to advise them of what I had been saying on PPrune and why.

Please be aware that there is an important distinction between how I regard the reps as a group and how I regard them as individuals. As a group, I described them as untrustworthy, but as individuals, none of them has yet given me any reason as to why they should be similarly regarded.

justfun
28th Oct 2007, 07:33
RINGIN, noted your comment on a previous thread, that "the alarm bells were going off". Really hope you are right and that James is hearing them. Maybe if he listens to the staff as well as the bells, and conducts a few exit interviews, he'll have a chance of saving it !
To the faithfull hanging on...good luck guys....I hope for your sakes, it can be turned around before they shut the doors.

olderairhead
28th Oct 2007, 22:34
APMR thanks for the call.

But this confuses me:

As a group, I described them as untrustworthy, but as individuals, none of them has yet given me any reason as to why they should be similarly regarded.

Individually we are OK but collectively we were not?

ringin having been out of the system for 3 months I have to agree with Seaeagle109. This was how it was when I was there.

However, out of curiosity I did make a phone call to an old colleague and he suggested to me that given the current shortage of pilots he believed a large number of navaids would exceed the extention period available between November and January.

Tiger 77
24th Nov 2007, 09:08
I heard an OY-something metro heading into the Granites on centre, are Pearl still operating this contract?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Pearl still does the Granites flights from Alice.

Cheers,

Tiger.

Hotpot
25th Nov 2007, 03:19
I was speaking to a couple of miners who work at the Granites the other day, and they mentioned that Pearl are still operating the service from Darwin, although they didn't have anything nice to say about the service. They also mentioned that it looks as though Vincent Aviation will take over the contract.

ringin
1st Dec 2007, 10:18
I am told another check and trainer has now left Darwin. Mega bucks being spent on ads. No takers. Vincent in the wings. AWA's on offer in Brisbane. Engineers leaving.

Will it ever end? :confused:

KRUSTY 34
1st Dec 2007, 17:55
It will most definitely end ringin!

Sadly, Pearl will not be the only one. My 2 cents,....Effectively compete for labour, or die!

neville_nobody
2nd Dec 2007, 00:04
How will Vincent keep staff if Pearl can't?

KRUSTY 34
2nd Dec 2007, 05:49
Only one way now Nev....,

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!!

Because there ain't nothin' else left.

gas-chamber
2nd Dec 2007, 06:51
If I were so lucky as to have the wealth of Mr Paspaley, I would shut down all my aviation activities tomorrow, except the bits that I needed for my own use. Aviation, when it's not your core business, is more trouble than it's worth & even more so when you know sod-all about it. So why persist with losing money ? Or even making a little money on the side, because in the grand scheme of his business empire he would not be relying on aviation related revenue, surely? And sack the management that brought it to this, of course.

ga_trojan
2nd Dec 2007, 22:57
Don't know of the exact wording of the document however I think you will find that they are obliged to provide an aeromedical service to the government until 2011ish. Not sure if just closing the doors is an option on that one.

Toodogs
3rd Dec 2007, 04:17
Well, on the MONEY front.....

Pearl have just increased pays to:

Airmed pilots to $85,000pa;
Metro Captains to $75,000pa;
Metro FOs to about $55,000pa; and
B200 Captains elsewhere (except BN) to $75,000pa.

Brisbane now get about:
$82,000pa for Captains and FOs $57,500pa.

:ok:

Now, I know that its not all about money, but it helps.

KRUSTY 34
3rd Dec 2007, 05:02
Agreed Toodogs,

Still not nearly enough though. IMHO, These guys and girls are worth their weight in gold, and some! Spoke to an Air Ambo captain at Grafton last week. He is on substantially less money than the Flight Nurse. I am not saying for one minute that the nurse is not worth every cent, but please!!!!!

Keep penny pinching with these people, and at least they wont have to pay the Flight Nurse, engineers, dispatchers, etc, etc........

Waghi Warrior
3rd Dec 2007, 06:02
They have got the Aeromed contract until 2011 ? I wounder if they have figured out how to operate the aircraft without any pilots,maybe the flight nurses can get behing the stick and have a go !

Money is the only answer.
It's good to see the engineers are also getting on the band wagon, as they also deserve a large pay increase to.

olderairhead
4th Dec 2007, 06:36
So now a metro F/O gets about the same as a flight calibration F/O.

Somehow this does not make sense. The requirements for a flight calibration pilot, be it Capt or F/O are substantially higher than that of a metro driver. No disrespect to the metro guys intended, just a fact. It is a very demanding role with lots more technical expertise required.

If you tried to bring a qualified pilot from overseas to do this job you have to pay the Capt's in the vicinity of $120,000 oz dollars. F/O's about 65% of this.

This was pointed out to management but obviously no-one was interested in listening.

To get the good guys they are going to have to pay, and not just for Brisbane.

I agree with the other comments here. Not enough and definitely way too late.

The horse has bolted.

Shame, they used to be the premier GA aviation company is Australia.