PDA

View Full Version : airtours temp cabin crew

stoopid
27th Dec 2000, 21:20
i don't know if anyone can help but my better half has got a job with airtours for the summer as temp cabin crew does n e one know what routes hours etc she is likely to get from lgw thanks :)

gizmogaz
28th Dec 2000, 20:40
Hi, I have got a jpb with AIH for next season based at BHX, I was told that we would work 39 hrs a week or thereabouts, and AIH fly to load of Europeans destinations ie Greece, Spain, Africa and Dom Rep, Goa etc all from LGW the best thing is either to give them a call or goto the local travel agents and get a brouchure and see the routes they fly from LGW. Does your other half know when she will be starting her training yet?

Good Luck and let me know when she starts her training...

happy landigs :)

Gareth

stoopid
28th Dec 2000, 20:47
she is supposed to be starting her course in early feb but is a bit worried cos most temps seem to get all the worst flights etc,etc, :) :)

Xenia
28th Dec 2000, 21:38
So....you have been told that you'll be doing about 39 duty hours per week as a temp. junior during the summer season for a charter airline?? :rolleyes:

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

Fraudsquad
29th Dec 2000, 03:20
My step brothers better half is with AIH at BHX. She's had some pretty good stopovers. Goa, Acapulco & Florida. The temps do get a bit of a tough time now and again but thats the same where ever you work, not just in aviation.

Yes this is my 1st post but I've been around for quite a while.

Stoopid - a word of advice for your missus, If they ask her which aircraft she'd like to work on she should avoid the A330. Airtours seem to have a few problems with theirs, falling off taxiways, engines going tech etc.

Best of luck to her..if she wants it she'll enjoy it.

gizmogaz
2nd Jan 2001, 19:08
OK OK I know 39 hrs is expecting alot fo rthe summer season but I was told we would work at LEAST 39 hrs and up to 70hrs a week!!!!!!

Has anyone else been offered a job with AIH if so drop me a line.

Happy landings

Adrian Worsfold
3rd Jan 2001, 03:13
Hi,
In response to your question re aircraft type & routes for new AIH crew this summer. As a Cabin Crew Trainer for AIH I can tell you that new crew will normally be trained on 2 aircraft types initially. Dependant on these will effect whether they operate a combination of long haul & short haul or just short haul for their first summer season.
It is difficult to state an amount of hours worked in a week as each week varies depending on how many flights & standbys are worked. Obvioulsy the total number of hours worked is regulated by the CAA.
Best of luck - if you need any further info please let me know.

gizmogaz
6th Jan 2001, 00:56
Cheers that has helped a little! Has anyone else on here been offered a job with AIH for the Summer season based at BHX if so do u know when your training will start? or if you are AIH crew based at BHX or anywhere come to that is there any tips you can give me for the training?

Feel free to mail me]

have fun

gareth :)

Happy Landings!