PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

ausflying
24th Oct 2007, 03:18
Hi Guys,

Just a quick background, i have my CPL and I am doing project at uni for my post grad that is looking at the marketing of brands within the aviation industry. We are looking for some data on what brands of headsets people own and why. If a some people could get on board and help us out that would be fantastic. All you have to do is complete the survey by clicking the link below. Its only short, so it wont take up too much of you internet surfing time :ok:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=VwCJhzgdnc2uALrksqrm7Q_3d_3d

Thanks in advance
ausflying
:) (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?=VwCJhzgdnc2uALrksqrm7Q_3d_3d)

QSK?
24th Oct 2007, 05:45
Why don't you take the time to do a search before positing (Go to "Search", click on "Advanced Search", type in "headset" and click on "Dunnunda & Godzone")?

If you did, you'd find there are about 208 threads relating to headsets and even a poll!

Awol57
24th Oct 2007, 06:50
QSK did you look at the survey? Its a little more indepth than just what brand you currently own. Still took me a grand total of 90 seconds though. Having said that when I initally saw the thread I did think, not another headset thread.

Hope your studies go well.

QSK?
24th Oct 2007, 07:01
Awol57:

Yep, I did see and complete the survey but I still think the previous threads would have given the author the answers he needed.

Cheers QSK?

ausflying
24th Oct 2007, 08:23
Hi QSK,
yes i agree that the "which headset" debate has been covered over and over again, but i'm looking for a bit more hard data about what people like and dont like and why etc.

thanks to all the people who have completed the survey so far, keep the responses coming :)

regards,
ausflying

MR. PROACH
24th Oct 2007, 09:58
I like BOSE because they are still comfortable after 14 hrs, and because a mate backed his car over his, and as a lowly flight instructor, pleaded his case to BOSE who sent him a brand new pair.

But, I also like DC's because they look cool. Additionally, I hear (no pun) their service is also excellent. Same with Lightspeed.

ausflying
25th Oct 2007, 04:38
Not surprisingly DC's and Bose are way out in front at the moment. keep the responses coming :D

MACH082
25th Oct 2007, 12:18
did the survey, cant help but get the feeling you are doing market research for a new headset for the industry.

werbil
25th Oct 2007, 13:54
Ditto to Mach082.

Personally I own Telex Stratus D50.

Why? - I fly Beavers regularly (very noisy radial engines).

From a noise reduction perspective they leave the all other DC's including the X11's for dead. I can't believe how much better they work. It's nice to go home at the end of the day and be able to hear. They are still very comfortable, even though they are heavier than the lightweights that are available. I can't personally compare them to the Bose as I haven't used them.

ausflying
26th Oct 2007, 07:47
Mach082, I wish it were an exercise which i was profiting from, but unfortunately its not.

barondriver89
30th Oct 2007, 22:43
done. good luck :ok: