PDA

View Full Version : Federal Air & Sefofane safety records

citpilot
24th Oct 2007, 00:59
Gents,

I have some clients flying with these two carriers in the coming weeks. I'd be interested any comments that that anyone cares to share regarding pilot qualification, maintenance, accidents, etc. They are chartering a PC12.

Thanks much,

CP

Flying Bean
24th Oct 2007, 08:34
Sefofane.
Known and worked with them since they were just 3 x singles and a dirt strip!
Good management and pilot training.
:ok:

Federal.
Too many changes in the last couple of years to comment.
:hmm:

big buddah
24th Oct 2007, 09:29
I think it is extremely rude for both operators, for you to ask about their back ground on PPrune. This is not the place for you to base any type of concern in booking a charter.
If you have any concern you should contact the the South African CAA or contact the operators and ask for copies any independent Audit reports.
This is a place of negativity. Why should any operator lose a contract because of one bitter pilot!!

I have no contacts in/with either operator and have no knowledge of anything about them.

BB

Fliterisk
24th Oct 2007, 10:39
Big Budha... seriously????????:mad::mad:

Pilots are ambassadors, whether they are on Pprune or lounging in a bar in the DRC. Get used to it... word of mouth buddy...

There is a phrase called "internal customers". Good business books will tell you to start treating your staff as customers as their satisfaction can be felt throughout the whole organisation. This might be a case in point, but then its been dealt with here before....

citpilot
24th Oct 2007, 18:12
Gents,

Thanks for the PM's - good info that is appreciated.

BB - I see your point, but horse's mouth and all that.

CP

big buddah
24th Oct 2007, 20:11
Fliterisk,
I totally understand were your coming from, your employees are your number one asset.
What I'm saying is how much crap have you heard coming from a disgruntled pilot hanging onto a bar stool!! Heard plenty of dribble come out of a pilots mouth with nothing to back it up.
Let someone book a charter with any company based on sound knowledge not based on the the dribble from here!

Citpilot, Good luck with your charter.
Plenty of horses mouths around here.

oerlikon
24th Oct 2007, 23:59
BB,

The pilot sitting on the barstool is probably the one who is going to give better advice than the pretty blonde behind the desk in the charter office.

To all potential clients, I recommend you talk to the pilots involved with regards to safety etc. They are the ones sitting in the hot seat, not the charter queens or the `engineers'.

Goffel
25th Oct 2007, 07:34
Federal Air have a good reputation and safety record.

They have all their duck's in a row and dont have hassels with CAA.

They have a fox - terrier called Bradbury that keeps everything in place.

Their pilots are constantly monitored by the fox-terrier.

Sefofane....I think their age speaks for itself and they too dont have hassels with CAA.

If you need any other info on any other company, pm me.

Goffel

Goffel
27th Oct 2007, 14:05
and you were there at the time and saw everything...pray do tell why your knowledgeable info is not on the accident report.

Do you know that it is a criminal offence to withhold any info regarding an incident or accident.

If you did not know, now you do...so please send in your report so that we have your first hand info on the accident.

By the way, SAA had a tail scrape the other day on a 737-800.....should we all stop flying with SAA because of this.

Believe you me, Sefofane and Federal Air have flown 1000's of hours and had very little incidents, accidents, and neither of them have any hassels with CAA regarding flight safety or bad pilot training. (yes, there are a couple of winkers flying there, but that is with any company).

But should anyone disagree, please feel free to send your comments to CAA so that they can be investigated.

Ja no well fine.
Goffel.

406pilot
28th Oct 2007, 09:09
hello,

we were flying in to joburg yesterday frm dar,on maputo frequecy heard a lady trasmitting on board a fed-air aircraft and suddenly after the transmission she yelled almost as a laughing yell, whn i asked wht was that the male capt quickly said it was a student under training.... wonder wht training they were upto? hope someone concerned replies to me soon..he he he

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

Goffel
28th Oct 2007, 10:41

I am surprised that a fellow aviator of your grand knowledge does not read his AIC's.

Should you have read your AIC's, you would have seen that Federal Air applied and was granted a 12 month exemption for the "Mile High Club".

All passangers now fly under Part 141, (No, not under the Captain).

Flying under Part 141, there-by gives them the right to carry engaged couples on board and for them to be in training for the Mile-high club.

This exemption does not apply to married couples as maried couples are on advanced training. (every married guy will tell you, that once you are married, the only thing you get right is too be able to wash the dishes, as "you want what, push off, you had it last year").

So does that now answer your question.:}

Goffel by the sea...(just dont tell the boss that I am by the sea).

406pilot
28th Oct 2007, 13:48
hi goffel, was it u?
sorry missed tht crucial detail on the aic's....
.....at the time of this incident joburg atc was askin us if we were cat2 compliant the weather was bkn001 for with fog and temp12,pretty miserable even for me but this incident put a smile on both me and my always grumpy captain..may be now some of u will understand why i always sign out as below'''''''':D

keep it up there fellows,
no more 406pilot

Goffel
3rd Nov 2007, 12:12
your whole family, that does mean all your kids,does it not...did not know that Sefo now flew Hercs.:}