View Full Version : Shipping a motorcycle to the Gulf?

metro301
24th Oct 2007, 00:41
Does anyone have any experience shipping a motorcycle from the USA to the Gulf.

I want to ship a Harley over.

Any leads on shipping companies will be appreciated.

AB139engineer
24th Oct 2007, 03:00
If your having trouble finding a company that ships motorcycles, go to your local BMW dealer, I know here in YVR the BMW dealers often organize trips off shore and owners ship there own bikes instead or renting. They may be able to help.

gj18457
24th Oct 2007, 04:29
Use your local Harley shop and send the bike to the Harley shop in Dubai.

DR345
24th Oct 2007, 08:41
metro301: from where in the US do you want to send the motorcycle?
QR can possible take the motorcycle on their flights from IAD/EWR to DOH and further.

metro301
24th Oct 2007, 10:02
Thanks...

I hadn't thought about the dealer.

Shipping from Buffalo, NY to Jeddah.

Desert Diner
24th Oct 2007, 11:13
Talk to Nammna Cargo or E/W or Four Winds in the Kingdom.

They have local movers as agents in the states and they can take care of all the paper work in the Kingdom side.

Namna can do it as air cargo (not sure if they also do surface) while the other two do mostly sea shipments.

On a separate note, a bike in Jeddah?:eek:

Assuming you inted to ride it in the mountains or to the south. Not sure about the road up towards Rabigh though, too straight to be any fun.

EKnight
24th Oct 2007, 16:21
DD,

Metro did say it was a Harley ..... why would he need anything but long straight roads ?? :p

Desertweasel
24th Oct 2007, 17:38
any freight forwarder who deals in cars and bikes will take this on, there is a 5% tarrif to pay on landing and it is way easier to get a DXB guy to clear customs than try yourself :ugh:

Desert Diner
24th Oct 2007, 18:35
Except he wants to import it to Jeddah, which is a world apart from DXB.

Nammna are very good with freight forwarding into SA. Registration may be a different matter though.

ruserious
24th Oct 2007, 20:34
Try asking here www.dubaipetrolheads.com

mutt
25th Oct 2007, 15:35
Suggest you go to Harley Shop on Al-Malek Street, they should be able to import it for you. http://www.harley-davidson-sa.com/

Option 2: get ID75 cargo from JFK.

Option 3: have some of the cargo crew bring it in their baggage :):)

Check out www.jeddahhog.com

Mutt