PDA

View Full Version : Is it really true . . .

prepmatt02
12th Feb 2001, 05:46
A female friend of mine who is considering changing careers and becoming a flight attendant has asked me (since I am studying for my PPL) if pilots tend to be drunk-womnaizers. In my experiance the answer is no, but my experiance is 1 flight instructor. I was wondering if anyone could help her out! Thanks

static
12th Feb 2001, 14:41
Ofcourse, everything you always hear about pilots is true. :)

edited for typo

[This message has been edited by static (edited 12 February 2001).]

comeflywithme
13th Feb 2001, 18:07
It is so funny when the wedding ring comes off when they start to fly. Unfortunately the flight deck are stereotyped and there are some really desent ones out there(about 10%). You will know the sleazy ones when your on a legover (sorry I meant layover) and you go out for a meal. If the flight deck buy a round of drinks and only buy the drinks for the girls then you know that hes after something. Which airline is she going to?

Stay safe and happy flying!
p.s. Keep your chastity belt on!!!!!

Pandora
14th Feb 2001, 03:03
Nightstopped in Italy last night and the cabin crew didn't want to go for a swift half, even if I got the round in. Captain wasn't feeling too well, late pick up today = one evening all by myself in front of CNN and 'My Best Friend's wedding' dubbed into Italian.
I'd like to be a womanising hard-drinking pilot, but it would mean being a sad butch alcoholic (which I am definitely not).
Come on, cabin crew. Prove to me that you do sometimes have fun down route. I can't believe you're all no fun. I thought it was our job to be the boring sensible ones.

Tarantella
18th Feb 2001, 13:52
Are all pilots drunk womanisers?
Are all F/As easy lays?
The stereotypes are nasty for both professions are they not?
An faithful person will be faithful whatever their profession, as will an unfaithful person.
Opportunities occur whatever your job is: it's up to you whether you take them.

Sick Squid
18th Feb 2001, 15:46
(Moderators hat off....)

Thinks....

1/First post
2/Looking for information on typical aviation stereotypes
3/Request for a 3rd party..hmmm

Possible Journalist? Maybe that 'Cosmopolitan' American Lady has returned under a new name :)

I'm always wary of this type of post, sorry Prepmatt if it's genuine, as too many people have been hurt recently by just these stereotypes you mention being applied to them.

£6

Moderators hat back on!

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 18 February 2001).]

CaptainSquelch
18th Feb 2001, 17:44
I think we're all wary of this kind of posts.

Could that be the reason I've never seen a single serious reaction on questions like this?

Superpilut
22nd Feb 2001, 05:39
So prepmatt, what kind of experience did you get from this instructor?? Never can start too early... and what did you mean with drunk-womanizers? That we only go after the drunk women? That's not vary charming to say!
By the way, it takes two to Tango, so I don't think you can blame one party when something happens.
And when you don't get any serious answers, check out http://www.pt7.com/. Maybe they can help you out ;)

AMEX
23rd Feb 2001, 07:08
Have held CC pos and F/D. both great, but I leave your imagination running wild.... Meet me and we ll talk about it in more detail :)

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D

Rote 8
23rd Feb 2001, 17:11
Since Prepmatt indicates in his/her post that they are studying for their PPL perhaps they could tell us a bit about their training, where, what stage in their training etc. By doing so they could at least establish some credibility.

Keg
22nd Mar 2001, 19:52
Gday Tarantella,
I guess that last weeks goings on certainly supports the pilots being drunk bit!!

Now if only I could get the womanising bit right!! :)

------------------
Nuns est bibendum

flyingbabe
23rd Mar 2001, 02:18
if this is true i must be working for the wrong airline