PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Deskjockey??

SAASFO
23rd Oct 2007, 19:34
Looks like someone was surplus to requirements!! :ouch:

bianchi
23rd Oct 2007, 20:00
I think you are spot-on !!

ByAirMail
24th Oct 2007, 02:07
Happened so fast he could not even say goodbye. Jetnut is staying below the radar, maybe reality hitting home, or so busy treading water he can't type.

Goldfish Jack
24th Oct 2007, 02:26
Maybe the same person with 2 nicks!

ERASER
24th Oct 2007, 05:09
Being a regular visitor to Airways Park, if DJ is one and the same, interview on Monday, bad news on Wednesday, gone on Thursday.................
Seems as if he wasn't "connected" and his "networking" failed him.........if you get my drift

Beta Light
24th Oct 2007, 07:17
And he was such an optimist!!
But he will be back with some excuse – Stockholm syndrome – he’s been under the spin doctors for to long. You might have a point Goldfish. They did sing from the same sheet, once again I just thought it was the same spin doctors that got to them, but might turn out to be the same person.

Jamex
24th Oct 2007, 07:37
Been wondering about this myself for some time now. I actually hoped he would post on the SAA Closing Doors or the Pilots Exodus threads but obviously he cant comment on these issues anymore except maybe to tell us his side of the story? Come on DJ wherever you find yourself now I'm sure you still check-out pprune. Give us some insight as to what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. Not the window dressing version.

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Oct 2007, 09:55
Bugger!:(

Never good to hear these things...

madherb
24th Oct 2007, 10:55
Has Deskjockey now become a Discjockey? He did have a nice way with spin...................

Aspen20
24th Oct 2007, 14:51
I think he was GS. The one who knew every pilot's pension number. He was too white and a didn't have a degree. To hold that position now you must have been to varsity. Apparently the same problem with W vd W. Experience counts for s:mad:t in the new SAA.

JetNut
25th Oct 2007, 17:06
Now that he's not working for SAA he doesn't have internet access. And is probably too cheap to buy his own..:}

thincatblue
25th Oct 2007, 18:35
Got to defend GS here- he is a true gentleman that was always ready to help and had his finger on the pulse. Certainly did not come across as someone that had issues with the pilot group!

Go well GS - you will be sorely missed !

Ps: it seems like his replacement is already taking strain!

bianchi
25th Oct 2007, 19:01
EISH !! Now I got the job ??? Now what now ??? EISH !!!

Parrot
25th Oct 2007, 22:32
I might not have always agreed with DJ's views but I always found his posts interesting and well constructed and obviously based on inside knowledge. If he has indeed has been declared surplus, I wish him well and hope that he is soon on line to give us his revised views.
I also hope that that the fact that he posted on PPrune was not an additional reason for him to be targeted.

bianchi
26th Oct 2007, 06:16
If DJ was who we suspected he is then I would also like to wish him well as he sure was a gentleman to work with. Now SAA is left with someone that's "babelaas'' or something like that !! And so far he has made a very bad impression on the pilots group ! Eish !!

Jamex
26th Oct 2007, 12:00
Thincat and Parrot, got to agree with you on this. I also really appreciated DJ's view, news and opinions. The man had a nice way of putting things into perspective. I may not always have agreed with him but I respected his views. I sincerely wish him all the best and may he soon be on-line again to share with us.

:D:D:D

wing tip brakes
26th Oct 2007, 13:42
Could also be TAJ. "I don't give a stuff what you pilots earn" or something to that effect on a previous post. TAJ is prone to those sort of outbursts.

SAASFO
27th Oct 2007, 12:55
I don't think it was TAJ or GS. Deskjockey once enquired about a Twin Commanche for his multi rating and TAJ definitely doesn't need a multi rating and GS does not fly at all.

As for GS,a gentleman and a scholar!! He will be an asset to whoever hires him.

Avi8tor
27th Oct 2007, 20:50
Yeah, gotta agree, the man did have a good understanding of the work. I am sure he will be back posting soon.

fly nice
29th Oct 2007, 20:50
If DJ really is CT, then I think he is too busy flying the line these daze:ok:. A good man too