PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Center

skygold
23rd Oct 2007, 19:12
Hi all

Can anybody give some feedback on Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Center.Is anybody doing their Jet Line Course?

Thank you:p

phillpot
23rd Oct 2007, 20:50
Ive been at BCFT since Jan aptl ground school, cpl, multi and currently coming to the end of my IR, no complaints with the school whatsoever ive had a great time and found all aspects of my training A1. If you havent already done so well worth a visit, good luck with your training when you start.

phantomcruiser07
24th Oct 2007, 17:46
do they do foreign license conversions?

skygold
24th Oct 2007, 18:01
yes they do conversions too

dand07
25th Oct 2007, 13:03
Hiya,
Im a jetline student at bcft ----would highly recommmend it.If you contact dena dove and then ask for Dan on the jetline course id be happy to give you the low down from a trainees point of view

hope this helps

Dan

B257
26th Oct 2007, 08:11
How much for zero to hero course in bfc ?

MrRoach
26th Oct 2007, 13:04
Afternoon all, I am doing my training with BCFT at the moment, albeit doing the modular. Take a look at their website (that is where it all began for me!) www.bcft.org.uk (http://www.bcft.org.uk) I would also highly recommend a visit.

Best of luck in the future.

giertom1
26th Oct 2007, 15:00
Hi
I visited a lot of UK FTO but, I`m going to start Jet Line on 12th November from zero to.... :)
The Staff and few students helped me with decision.
Thanks and see you soon

Tom(ek) :)

giertom1
26th Oct 2007, 15:07
go to http://www.bcft.org.uk/pdf/BCFTBrochure.pdf an Im sure that you`ll find what you need

Godd luck
Tom(ek)

dand07
8th Nov 2007, 20:06
Look forward to seeing you monday tom!

Dan d

HappyFran
16th Nov 2007, 18:26
Hi Tom / Dan
Seems like we are all happy wannabee pilots at BCFT.
working through our PPL's and starting ATPL theory in Jan07
Should get a discount for our recommendations !!

Anyone considering a integrated approach to a modular course should check out the Jetline course and pay us a visit at Bournemouth. Very good way of getting excellent training and save yourself ~£15-£20K

:):):)
HappyFran

81pilota
18th Nov 2007, 22:53
I´m thinking of Bournemouth for my JAA ME/IR conversion.
Could any of you give me a timeframe?
If I can expect 2, 4 or 6 weeks??
And the cost, is there a lot of cost not mentioned at their website?
What can I expect to pay for housing??
Thanx

HappyFran
19th Nov 2007, 18:38
:confused: Your best bet is to give Dina a call at BCFT on 01202 599888.
She will be able to give you a run down on costs and timescales :)

skyblu
7th Feb 2008, 02:06
Hey Philpot, sounds like you're happy with bcft. can you tell me how far in advance you need to apply/register with bcft for their residential ground school course and typically how many students there are in each class?

good luck with the rest of the training.

HappyFran
7th Feb 2008, 08:01
Hi,
I am on the ATPL ground school at the moment, as part of the Jetline programme.
I started in January.
Basically the course is split into 2 lots of 3 month blocks. 7 subjects in each block. So the course takes new entrants every 3 months. A typical class would have ~10 new starts and ~10 who are entering the 2 half of the course. I hope that makes sense.:confused:
I believe they have a maximum class size of 20.
The logic being that less than ~ 10 and the level of class partisapation drops and more than 20 and the benefits to individual students drops.
A quick head count in my class at the moment is 17.
I am not sure how far in advance you need to book, I guess it depends how close they are getting to max class size. The next class start will be April.
I would speak to Dena at BCFT to get a current update on the situation.
Don't forget you will need a PPL before starting the course
Any further help or advise you need just let me know
good luck
Fran :)

mae
7th Feb 2008, 08:42
I have already applied for their groundschool in July, but I think I was a bit early! Anyone else out there going to BCFT in July ??:}

BHUDDAFLY
7th Feb 2008, 10:54
Hi There,
I'm thinking to go to BCFT to get Jet Line Course. I lived in Bournemouth in 2004 and I knew that rent a room there is very expensive. So, can anyone of you give me some tips to find a very cheap room or whatever things you know?

I will really appreciate you help... Thanks

mae
7th Feb 2008, 11:26
I know that Dena at BCFT will give you a list of apartments they recommend. Then there is this web page: http://bournemouth.gumtree.com/ . If anyone knows about something more then that would be greatly appreciated :)

propogandhi
7th Feb 2008, 13:46
can anybody tell me how this course compares to say OAT ATLP Intergrated course? Also any idea of the pass rate off this and the acceptance rate of its graduates into full time commercial employment?

I've taken my skills assesment with OAT, but and just looking into other options before I commit, any feedback on this would be great.

propogandhi.

HappyFran
7th Feb 2008, 14:31
BCFT run a Jetline course that takes you from zero to f(ATPL) using, for lack of a better discription, 'a sequential modular programme'. i.e it is Modular !
OAA is an Integrated Course

The immediately, in your face, difference is ~£20-25K.
Other differences...WOO... better not go there :ooh::oh::ooh::oh: suggest you seek out the eternal Modular vs Integrated threads :}

With regards to employment prospects:

There are lies, damn lies and FTO statistics. :hmm:

Good Luck
Fran :)

Malta_Flyer
7th Feb 2008, 14:44
I am aware of a bus shuttle service to the international airport, but can any of you guys advise whether its possible to walk from there to BCFT? Cause i was taking that forgranted!!

HappyFran
7th Feb 2008, 15:28
BCFT is on other side of airport / runway from Main airport terminal.
I doubt if there is any bus service around the airport perimeter. It may be a bit cheeky but you could ring BCFT when you arrive and ask if someone can pick you up :uhoh:.
They are a very friendly bunch and I am sure that, if able, they will oblige...it is only 5 min to pop around the perimeter.
Failing that its a short taxi ride.
:)

BHUDDAFLY
7th Feb 2008, 16:03
THANKS "MAE"

I will check out the website.

I went there by walking... 5 minuts :confused: more or less!

Malta_Flyer
7th Feb 2008, 19:06
thanks a lot for your feeback! So would it be at all possible? say in 15 - 20 mins by walk?

BHUDDAFLY
8th Feb 2008, 07:21
Ya, about 20 min. but it was sunny day!
Don't worry cause during the way you will see on your right hand-side the BCFT. It's easy to find it and near there a man will help you to find the way!
Isn't FRODO!!! :O

Davina777
8th Feb 2008, 12:22
20mins would be a good estimate.. might feel longer becuase you can see BFCT from the moment your out onto the main road, and becuase you can see the long road that travels in a big circle towards your goal. But as HappyFran says, i'm sure they would be happy to pick you up. Give them a bell prior to visit to ask if you like. They are a super friendly bunch.

skyblu
25th Feb 2008, 15:47
Hey Happy fran and jetliners. i'm still searching commercial flight schools for the one that grabs me. hoping to visit bcft probably on 11th april. is there likely to be time to talk to any of you students then or will you busy in the skies or schoolroom?

HappyFran
26th Feb 2008, 08:12
There are always quite a few people around, and all will be happy to talk to you.
It is well worth talking to students at which ever school you visit. Whilst we will only have in depth experience of the school we are attending, it will be invaluble in forming a view of each school.
As far as I am aware, no one has a bad word to say for BCFT, (probably true of a number of other schools to ;)).
As far as April 11th is concerned, if around more than happy to have coffee and chat. Only concern is around that time due to take first block of 7 ATPL exams at Gatwick :\:\:\.:{:{
But keep in touch and will try to help as much as possible.
regards
Fran:):)

chris-squire
26th Feb 2008, 12:07
Mae - Bit off topic but I'm starting ATPL's @ Cabair (nextdoor to BCFT) on 7th July.

mb2ai
5th Mar 2008, 20:41
Chris Squire,

why did you choose cabair, if I may be so bold to ask?

Happy Fran,

Does BCFT have a wireless facility, and any sort of social scene?

HappyFran
6th Mar 2008, 07:50
Hi mb2i,
Yes BCFT does have a wireless facility..no problems.
The social scene is very good, but it is what you and your fellow students make it. I have a great bunch of fellow students. BCFT is owned by Bournemouth Flying Club which has a clubhouse often used by the students, Instructors and the aviators that work at the airport.

Not sure if you will hear from Chris Squire as he is off to Monkton sometime soon, before coming back to Cabair. Whilst we have never met, we have corresponded. We both, independently looked at both BCFT and Cabair. One of his motives, there may be several, for choosing Cabair was the availability of loan funding from HSBC.

But at the end of the day it is a matter of personal choice as to were you think you will get the most benefit, and you alone must determine that by visiting both schools and any others you may be considering.

Chris; If you are still around good luck in Moncton :):):)

flyvirgin
12th Oct 2008, 15:37
Hey,
I'm thinking of starting my training at BCFT, I was just wondering do you have to wear any sort of uniform.
Cheers
Adam

RMarvin86
12th Oct 2008, 19:25
I don't know if I'm OT but what's different between BCFT and Cabair at Bournemouth for modular flight training? I think Cabair is more known in the industry, maybe prefered by airline empleyees? Cabair seems to have a bigger facility but is also more expensive... any student's point of view?