PDA

View Full Version : money

Zulu ONE
23rd Oct 2007, 12:28
hi there,
hi guys i'am jest about to start my ppl and my flight school said take a class 1 medical jest in case i want go and do more training. so any did the class one and passed.now this has got me thinking should i go all the way and do my ATPL.
Now the question i need to ask is dose anyone know who dose the best loans.i come from a working back ground so asking my parents is out and saveing is also out,my credit history is'nt the best,so can anyone help please?

Bealzebub
24th Oct 2007, 16:56
Zulu,

Firstly good luck with the PPL and congratulations on passing the class 1 medical. The latter can often present quite an obstacle and it is indeed wise to get it behind you if you intend to embark on flying as a professional career.

I hope you will take this the right way and I am very reluctant to mention it normally, as bulletin boards are not a bastion of formality, but your spelling is giving a poor perception of you. The only reason I mention this, is because perception often means a lot in applications for both loans and jobs. "I" is capitalized, The word you are looking for is "just" not "jest" which means something entirely different, and "dose" is spelt "does" unless you are referring to something else ? New sentences start with a capital letter.

The problem with loans is that they are very dependant on your credit rating, and obviously a poor rating is not going to give you access to the best deals in the "prime market". As you probably know there is currently a lot of turmoil in credit markets that has a major effect with lending in the "sub-prime" arena. That is not to say that money isn't available at a price, however that price will be higher than has been the case in recent years, and may be difficult to achieve without a higher credit score than has been the case recently.

I would ask you why saving is out for you ? The reason for asking is that any loan requires a repayment ability, and that ability would normally come from spare cash to service the loan and interest. That money could be saved and used to either fund the training in part or whole, or to reduce the amount of borrowing that may be required later.

If you run a search on these forums you will find a wealth of information on these topics, that will provide useful research. Unfortunetaly there is no easy answer or anything even remotely approaching a guarantee. This makes the whole process very risky and certainly difficult. Having said that, it is not impossible and if you have a clear understanding of the risks and requirements, then there is nothing stopping you embarking on a game plan that gives you as good a chance as anybody else.

I am sorry if this all sounds a little critical or unhelpful, however perception means a great deal. There is a lot of competition and it is important to appear serious, if you are serious ?

Good luck.

KeithTo
24th Oct 2007, 18:36
Get a job now, SAVE for a couple of years then think about training.

Zulu ONE
25th Oct 2007, 16:40
Thank you guys. I know my spelling was a bit out but will do better next time. I have taken what you said onbord and will now come up with some sort of game plan. once agin thanks guys :ok:

bobster1
25th Oct 2007, 17:19
Mods, how come zulu 8 shows they have posted 8 posts on his 1st on this thread, then again 8 posts on the next one he posted? Should it not count up with everyone?

Just wondering..

AlphaMale
25th Oct 2007, 17:38
You'll actually find he's made more then 2 posts.

See for yourself (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?searchid=2037923)

The status under is name will tally up with the number of posts he has made and NOT the post number. Just easier that way ;)

wizad
25th Oct 2007, 17:44
how can you congratulate someone on passing a class 1 medical.... its hardly a sit down and study exam.... just drink lots of water and dont be to much of a lazy pie eater.

AlphaMale
25th Oct 2007, 17:49
People congratulate each other when a woman announces she's pregnant ... Not exactly hard is it? Women have been doing it for years.

Peope congratulate ach other on birthdays too, again not hard ... just don't walk in front of a bus or get sucked into a GE90. :hmm:

So I think congratulations are in order, and good luck for the future. I think there's more to passing a Class 1 than just not being fat and having good kidneys. :rolleyes:

wizad
25th Oct 2007, 18:34
well not being blind and deaf is a good start i suppose.

hows about congrats on getting a rating or getting a job....a tad more worthy.

im off to the dentist soon, shall i get a congrats for not needing any fillings then???

a medical is a medical, unless you have something major you didnt know about that gets discovered, its a walk in the park..... if youre fit enough to get round the whole park that is..... and if you can.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

maxdrypower
25th Oct 2007, 18:38
What I think we should be doing is congratulating those that use the search engine . That way we wont get the same threads over and over again oh and over and over again and again and again ...........................

AlphaMale
25th Oct 2007, 19:29
That's one I'll agree on. :ugh:

bobster1
25th Oct 2007, 19:34
The status under is name will tally up with the number of posts he has made and NOT the post number. Just easier that way
But it doesnt, thats what I am saying, his 1st post on this thread says total 8, then his next one should surely be total of 9, but its not, it still says 8. I am not refering to post number..

Like my 1st post on this thread is 62, then this one should be 63? Thats my understanding...
Just bored and curious...I know, I really need to get out more!!:ok:

maxdrypower
25th Oct 2007, 19:43
Christ Bob I am sitting here with razor blades and a warm bath contemplating ending it all and Im not that bored :}:}:}

AlphaMale
25th Oct 2007, 21:23
Bob, this is really simple and I hope your not being a wind up merchant.

Where in the sense in having a different number for each post?

Historically, users will look at 'Zulu ONE' with his 8 posts and joining date and assume he's a newbie and senior users will take it easy on him and people like myself in search of valuable information might take his opinion with a pinch of salt. However if 'WWW' or 'Scroggs' answered my question I would take this as one of the best answers I'll get gaging by their joining date / post count / occupation / Age.

But you'll also find post whores who might be 15 years old with a post count of 500+ and know nothing at all :hmm:

If I did a search like most people should when asking 'How do I fund my training?' I might be looking at a post by WWW here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1569051#post1569051) and think 'What the hell does this guy know anyway?' he only has a post count of 400. But as you can see it's 3,000+ which gives you the impression he knows a little more about aviation than you first thought.

Reaching for the Razor :E

bobster1
26th Oct 2007, 14:32
Just bending down to pick up the penny thats dropped:oh:

AlphaMale
26th Oct 2007, 14:47
I'm just glad you're not a wind up merchant ... At least you got there in the end. ;)

Zulu ONE
28th Oct 2007, 12:19
Guys I'am sorry if I started WW3 on Here. I now Know Better for next time.

yours

Zulu one

bobster1
28th Oct 2007, 19:13
Hi Zulu, dont worry about it, you did not start ww3, I went a bit of topic with a random thought that is dangerous when you have had a few glasses of vino!!
Your question is a valid one, but it seems that when someone is new and not familiar with the way things work on here, you can expect a barrage from people who are regulars, sometimes rightly so, sometimes not...sorry regulars..but its true.
Its a forum, so there are many people who are willing to offer advice and others that think you sould know it all already.
If you do have a question its always worth searching 1st, chances are there is a thread already for your question, as we all have similar thoughts and questions when it comes to flight training, and who do you turn to when you want an answer? well the wannabes section is a good a place as any.
The search function is not the best, but if you google your question with pprune contained within it, chances are you will find something..:ok: