PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Air

Tilex
22nd Oct 2007, 23:05
Hi guys.

Anyone who has worked there? Can you give me some inside info?

Over

flyhardmo
23rd Oct 2007, 02:37
Here we go again.
Paging Riccardo Volante. could you please get your a$$ to this forum, R. Volante.. :E

Tilex
23rd Oct 2007, 04:13
Well I am not him but sorry I wont bother you again......

flyhardmo
23rd Oct 2007, 06:00
Tilex thicken your skin and dont be such a loser by giving up that easily. Try and get yourself a sense of humour it will definately help in africa especially with coastal or you'll just go mad.
Try doing a search on coastal and you'll see exactly what i meant in my response. if you just hang on soapboxcowboy and 406 will answer all of your questions. Wimps dont last long in africa. :cool:

Soap Box Cowboy
23rd Oct 2007, 07:31
Soap box is here, but he has to run off to the airport, will be back later, what do you need to know? Write some questions and I will answert them, for I am the great Coastal Oracle :}

How's it going Mo?

Tilex
23rd Oct 2007, 15:29
Hi Soap Box? Are you working there or?
I just wanted some general info on everything...... How they pay compared to others, how the company is og how the staff is and so on. Just some inside info if you know them:rolleyes:

Thanx

Soap Box Cowboy
23rd Oct 2007, 16:51
Ok so here is the low down, we operate the largest fleet in Tanzania along with the most diverse routes. We need pilots and our chief training Captain had very high and specific standards.

Now you don't mention what experience you have but at the moment we are alowing guys to fly vans with a bout 1500 total time. But if you come from outside Africa, expect at least one or two months in training doing route checks, base checks, IR conversion and licence conversion. The package offered is actually one of the better one's in Tanzania. All depends on what fleet you will be flying on.

We fly a lot, so if your here for hour building and bush flying then this is the place to go. If your expecting something similar to operations in the states then you might as well stay away, things are done diffrently in Africa.

Also forget about twin time, all the twins are privatly owned and flown by their owners, or numb nuts who should not be allowed to fly retractable geared aircraft.

It's a good place to spend two years gaining bush experience and enjoying living in Africa. Dar is not a bad place and we also have a base in Mwanza for those so inclined.

Accomidation is offered and for those on contract, after one year a ticket home and one month paid leave. Plus various allowances. Pay is on par with the local average compared to some operators I think it's even a little higher.

But for those of you who dream of spending every evening on the beach watching the sun go down, forget it. Lot's of flying here, great flying but lot's of it. I've enjoyed it and been here for several years. All depends on your expectations and the attitude you bring with you.

Good luck :ok:

P.S. You generally have a better chance if you rock up in person here.

Tilex
23rd Oct 2007, 18:41
Thanx for this soap box. You answeared many of my questions.