PDA

View Full Version : Training Course

gizmogaz
9th Feb 2001, 22:36
Hi All,

I have just had my start date come through from AIH, for my taining for the summer season, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or knows of anyone being on the same course (18 March BHX base), and if anyone knows where AIH do there training!

Any tips/advise will be appreciated

Thanks

Gareth :)

airgirl
9th Feb 2001, 23:57
I got my start date through as well this week for AIH - I'm going to be based at Manchester though.

Have you had difficulty in getting the Yellow Fever vaccination? No one in Wigan seems to be giving it.

Good luck for your training.

gizmogaz
11th Feb 2001, 01:44
Hi,

I have not had my Yellow fever yet (Booked in to get next week!)

Did AIH tell you where the training will be taking place? Do you know how many references they will ask for? (I know I will get good ones!!! well I hope!)

Did they also tell you that your security pass will be issued on the first day?

Mail me so that we can compare training and get to know each other if you like just so that we know at least one person.

Good Luck and Kepp in touch

Gareth

:)

Xenia
11th Feb 2001, 12:30
Finally good news for Gareth! ;)
Good luck in your initial training course and let us know how you are getting on :)
See you in BHX sometime!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

euroboy
18th Feb 2001, 03:11
The Yellow fever vaccinaton is in short supply at the moment as I believe in Brasil they had an outbreak a short while ago, which used a lot of the world`s supply. Try BA medical services.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 19 February 2001).]

euroboy
18th Feb 2001, 03:25
Hey Gareth

Great news at last. Bet your well pleased.
The references are used to get your airport ID. Basically how long, well, how trustworthy you are etc... If your referees are slow at returning their reference on you, you could be asked to chase them up.

As a "once" safety and security instructor learn your stuff, if you don`t understand something ASK you will only get tested on it. You will find that the few weeks of training school are hard work and you HAVE to pass these tests. You get a second chance, at the test, if you don`t pass that time they say goodbye. Time keeping is watched big time. Your social life tends to suffer over the training course as you revise and learn.

Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 19 February 2001).]

airgirl
21st Feb 2001, 02:52
Hi Gareth,

My training is being done in Cheadle. i got all my stuff through this morning.

There seems to be an awful lot of stuff that you need to buy before the start of the training.

I have been informed that I am going to be doing long-haul which seems a bit wierd to me - I thought that they would put all us new ones on short-haul to start with.

Do you know what you are going to be flying?

Good Luck and Keep in touch.