PDA

View Full Version : A Question For airaiaX

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
22nd Oct 2007, 09:42
Just 2 questions ??

1) Why has the AAX 330 been parked at KLIA for so long without flying?

2) What is the reaon for the delays in AAX's maiden flight.

kwaiyai
22nd Oct 2007, 17:00
I though it was all go. Maybe still waiting for Approvals??:uhoh:

bfd777
23rd Oct 2007, 15:21
Drivers moved to greener pastures? :eek:

:rolleyes:

pilotinasia
23rd Oct 2007, 15:59
failed somesort of test/ inspection @ down under ?

stealthone
24th Oct 2007, 01:52
The rumour has it that the Australian DCA knows everything about LCCT security breaches like smuggled snakes on board one AA aircraft, loose snake roaming around inside the plane in flight from KL to Miri and AA not grounding and stripping the plane to find it (one of the newer A320’s). Safety first, what a joke? What’s happened with the police report on this matter? Was the DCA informed?
Apparently Aussies found out that a certain major carrier was pressured to train AA wide body crews and the order was issued not to worry too much about the standards of those jacoons. They also know that some of those jacoons do not enter failures into the logs, fly below minimums, what about all those near crashes (Medan earlier this year, Johor, Kuching 2X and others). If true one must wander what did the Malay DCA reply to the Aussies when asked to explain.
Can anybody confirm that Aussies would be overseeing the operation at LCCT during the first six months (probationary period only). Some people say that Aussies want all LCCT A320 operation to cease (ha ha well done) during the baggage processing and boarding of AU bound flights. I guess to prevent the contamination of baggage and smuggling of alien passengers. Who is going to bear the cost of those inspectors residing in KL? The inspectors can pull the plug on the whole operation at any moment.
It would not come as a surprise if Aussies end up demanding an audit into AA operations and training standards since the local authorities may not have much control over that outfit.:D

squarecrow
24th Oct 2007, 08:53
Malaysia Boleh Stealthone!!:=

MAS Guy
24th Oct 2007, 11:10
Didnt they fail their audit in Aust?

pilotinasia
24th Oct 2007, 17:16
alot of snakes n failures hmmm AA"X"

jetjockey696
25th Oct 2007, 07:35
The A330 is flying tonight to Kuching, for the next few days for trial runs with PAX.

I also heard that the there are some many problems with plane, especially the cabin (>20 pages of problems in the cabin logbook) especially the toilets... :eek: the seats wont go down, some wont come back up EVER.. etc......

they must went for scraps, instead of the norm (bottom of the barrel) for cheap planes.:D

Virtual Reality
26th Oct 2007, 04:15
...............and your point is .................. ????:}

ikan_terbang
26th Oct 2007, 12:20
AA is an accident waiting to happen....

pigflyer
26th Oct 2007, 18:00
No, accident waiting to happen already happened a few times.

Time for extra spacing when next to an air asia flight?

Virtual Reality
29th Oct 2007, 16:15
I wonder since when defective toilet and pax seats will hinder an aircraft to be despatched .....:confused:

I guess it must be a new AD issued by JAA/FAA that I probably missed ....:confused::confused:

Last but not least, I just could not relate how an accident is waiting to happen with defective toilet and pax seats .......... :confused::confused::confused:

Waiting for someone to clarify with factual information instead of hearsay or "thats what I heard" things ....:ok:

29th Oct 2007, 19:45
Real World: I wonder since when defective toilet and pax seats will hinder an aircraft to be despatched .....:confused:

Dear Real world,

i guess you will only realise why when one actually does a low cost operation on any lowcost airline. When one flies back and forth for half a day in and out of their base or in fact even the famous triangle of tiger airways... carrying full loads unlike MAS 744's with half load most of the time,then you would probably realise the significance of this.

i wouldnt want **** flying through my cabin...would you?

Virtual Reality
30th Oct 2007, 07:36
Thanks 420, I will only go if all my paperwork, MEL/CDL and other technical references allow me to do so regardless what the defect is. That is what my employer paid me for. If I am not happy then I will leave and look for a new employer. I am not in position to question the legality aspect because neither I am a lawyer nor the author of MEL/CDL/technical references. References are there for reasons .........:ok:

Clear as mud ??:}

tuan74
30th Oct 2007, 18:37
Guys...

Why o why do we have to undermind what ever is going on in AA...

Please be reminded that these pilots in AA is still our comrades... it's bad enough that they have to work in those kind of conditions... No food, no drinks provided..and have to rush all the time to catch up the 25-30 mins transit time... pressured from all angles to dep on time...

Their job and benefits are not as "luxury" as all of us in a full fledge airliners... so give 'em some slack...

At the end of the day, they're just like you and me... Drivers of a million dollar machines trying to make some wages...:ok:

30th Oct 2007, 19:31
At the end of the day, they're just like you and me... Drivers of a million dollar machines trying to make some wages...:ok:

thank you tuan74...

shooting down others only show how insecure one is of their own selves.:rolleyes:

like i was saying about the toilets... you say it as if no one else does it. Mind you every airline is required to do things by the book and they do so!

But there's a small little thing called human judgement and compassion and also logic....:}

you must be one of those guys who agree to an unmanned cockpit in the future...:=

hence the name virtual reality...guess its self explainatory... silly me.:ugh:

QNH1013
30th Oct 2007, 20:50
Well Said tuan74
Indeed the pilot body of Air Asia are vastly professional with good attitudes and are safe. Of course there are a few black sheep that need to kept watch of but good thing the F/O's are more assertive. Unfortunately they are all limited to the level of training and experience they are exposed to. But they do their best. I speak from personal experience in Air Asia. The crux of the problems that are brought up in this thread is the management not the pilots. Their policy and methods and disorganisation really pi$$ me off sometimes. Improvements happen all the time, but they need to happen faster.

Example.
Aircraft has MEL, engine anti ice valve is locked open.
Flight plans do not take this penalty in to account because system and/or dispatcher cant deal with this level of flight planning.
Next crew do not know about it (as there is no mention in flight plan) and so next crew pilot burns hand badly on hot engine nacell during walk around. (sometimes walkaround needs to be done as pax are getting off to save time so you cant see the tech log first)

In another airline the MEL is already known to flight ops and flight plans take that in to account and pilots know about it during briefing. There would even be a computer in flight ops to see all fleet defects. Air Asia will get to this level in time.

However to give some credit to AK there is communication sometimes and the engineering do include a note to ops to pass to the pilots of any significant aircraft MEL. But there is just no constant set structure or planning for this to always happen.

If it's not MEL's then its other things to do with the level of operations that you just do not get with a well established full service airline. AK has to play catch up. I do have a high regard to the engineering there and they are very good indeed. But they too are just working with what they are given. Lets remember it's not the pilots or engineers or flight operations officers that are buying the company aircraft, computers, spare parts etc etc and running the company. They get what they get (or dont get ie lunch) and have to just deal with it or clean up the miss-management mess.

The Bosses better get some of their act together, they are going long haul now. And we all know the hoops you have to jump through to please the Australians if anyone wants to fly there.

30th Oct 2007, 23:05
Dear QNH1013

You have once again... "set std" :ok:

couldnt have put it better myself

Virtual Reality
31st Oct 2007, 09:44
Dear 420,

We, PILOTS, could whine and grind as much as we could. However, have you got any positive result yet from bean counters and management?:ugh:

That is the reason why I stop (or at least trying to ......) complaining, bitching, cursing etc ..... because that helps me reducing my STRESS .....:8 ............... but it does not mean I agree with what is happening right now .....:=

My Q is, what could you do about it?:confused:

1st Nov 2007, 17:06
my dear AI friend,

the day u can tell us what EXACTLY can we NORMAL pilots do about management rules and regulations and pressure etc, without getting fired or blacklisted... please oh please do let me know as i would love to know. seriously...:D

QNH1013
2nd Nov 2007, 12:28
Air Asia X with a crew of 12 departed today (2nd) on it's first flight to the Gold Coast, Australia :D

Chrome
2nd Nov 2007, 17:58
Wah lau how can that be? Rumor has it from some jacoons is that the airline is doomed to failure.

2nd Nov 2007, 18:13
Air Asia X with a crew of 12 departed today (2nd) on it's first flight to the Gold Coast, Australia :D

yeah,i thought it never received clearances and it was doomed to stay at its parking bay for a lifetime and was never gonna get airborne and it was a major disgrace....

geezzz... miracles do happen don't they?

if i were anyone of you guys who ever so "accurately" predicted this failure... this is what i would do...

:oh::ugh::oh::ugh::oh::ugh::oh::ugh::oh::ugh::oh::ugh::oh::u gh:

Chrome
2nd Nov 2007, 18:45
Looking at the puny number of 289 EY reported tonight they surely won't last long and bungkus. How can a Malaysian company be successful in low-cost long haul when the mighty orang puteh wasn't? It's not right.

Virtual Reality
4th Nov 2007, 09:31
Looking at the puny number of 289 EY reported tonight they surely won't last long and bungkus. How can a Malaysian company be successful in low-cost long haul when the mighty orang puteh wasn't? It's not right.

Why not? That is the different between Air Asia/Air Asia X and MAS, the former keep on expanding and unfortunately the latter keep on shrinking (so called turn-around plan, route rationalisation yada.....yada.....yada.... YEAH RIGHT !!! ):ugh:

You only need a NON CORRUPTED CEO/MD + a bunch of dedicated managers to make a company success ....:ok:

Look at SQ and how she capitalised the aviation industry until she became the World Second Largest Airlines (market value).:D

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
4th Nov 2007, 11:56
Who says aa/aax ceo/md is not corrupt????

Just keep living the dream....................................

Wooblah

4th Nov 2007, 16:24

dear virtual reality...
i think chrome was being sarcastic. read between the lines man hehe.:ok:
aa/aax will definitely do well and should continue to improve. touch wood.

and woobles, we never said that the ceo was not corrupt...but hey,we ain't got no proof. and aa/aax obviously has no hard strings or backings from the gov.

explain then when the puny little firefly got ops out of subang and aa didnt.:suspect:

if the ceo was AS CORRUPT.... aa could have bought their way out.

:ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:

4th Nov 2007, 16:28
and kudos to AA for winning the CAPA airline of the year award. AA somehow even bypassed the best LOW COST carrier award. suddenly AA is just an AIRLINE:D

best low cost was viva macao.:D but that company seems so fragile~:uhoh:

MAS....errr... i guess they'll just gotta be happy with the best cabin crew awards that they keep bagging.:D

BRAVO!

Virtual Reality
4th Nov 2007, 17:22
Woble, whether corrupted or not, could not be worst than MAS, the whole world knows that MAS management consist of a whole bunch of "genius" :yuk:, they are soooooo good in 'making' money and distribute among themself (and you are excluded I guess:}), asking your beloved dacing rulers to bailout as and when required. No wonder you guys are shrinking instead of expanding .....:D

I am not a fan of TF but I salute him for what he has done. At least he has lots of fun while laughing all the way to the bank ....:D

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Nov 2007, 05:34
Yeah vr and brethren,

Just keep kissing it and take a deep breath on another airfart. Just keep living the dream. :D

airlinefan
6th Nov 2007, 03:37
Guys,

My humble opinion - AA-X and Jetstar Long Haul will do fine. The A330 is an ok plane but the model works. No more can SQ and MAS rape the flying public. For example my friend flew one way from Jak-Sin and it cost drum roll please 250USD one WAY for a 1.2 Hour flight. What a total rip off and it happens every day out there. LCC LOng Haul is here to stay embrace it and save your money and get more pay for flying.

Cheers - just wait till someone uses a A380 the leagcy boys will shake in their boots..............

Chrome
6th Nov 2007, 03:43
As opposed to you Woobly?

I see you living the dream of AirAsia failing for the past 4 years. And it hasn't happened. Like I suggested earlier, get professional help and get over it. AirAsia is successful because it provides what people want. When it started it just provided for the population of Malaysia now they have expanded to most of Asia. People of Asia (that is not a small number of people mind you) wants AirAsia to be successful. We're not talking domestic only now, AirAsia has and will always plan big and work to achieve that with the people that they have.

You live in a world when Jabatan Telekom Malaysia was still around. It has evolved to Telekom Malaysia and now TM. I'm not saying TM is a good company with good services but if they stayed as JTM while the whole world evolves then that's just stupid. You can sit there hoping nothing will change because you are afraid of progress, competition and development while the government and ultimately the tax payers are being burdened. But millions see a good outfit and a good deal when they see one.

Whatever you hate about AirAsia apparently doesn't mean anything to some 500 million people. So you can keep living your dream of a failing AirAsia Woobly but why don't you at least try be happy that a local company is helping out a lot of people and making it big in the international scene?

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Nov 2007, 05:17
Dear Chrome dome,
Why don't you take a look at the first post. 2 questions were asked. From this start of the thread we see a list of replies. None from me.:ugh:

I do not believe that aa is all that good of a deal and I believe that safety is compromised on aa. The model incorporates openskies a route revenue scheduling program that monitors the seat factor of fights per sector, giving the sales people an accurate load based on historical data and future events for example Olympics in China Etc. Thus unused seats are used for a Rm1 fare. Additionally for the 737/a320 there is no real additional burn for additional weight so it is not rocket science to see where the cheap tickets come from.

On the other side of the coin the operational costs of aircraft are the same for lccs as it is for conventional airlines IE. Fuel costs/spares/ etc.
So where does the great savings come from. Well paying you less wages is one. Buying cheap spares is another (oops I mean prudently negotiated spares packages) Not providing you meals is another and so on so forth.
Therefore with the core cost being roughly the same. There are many people out there that are paying bloody high fares and complaining about it too.:hmm:

Just a thought from dumb old Wooby

Chrome
6th Nov 2007, 06:29
I am aware of those questions. But why don't you reveal your motive of asking those questions? Just one of your attempts to undermine whatever AirAsia is doing. Now that the AirAsia X has started operations are those questions relevant? No. Come to think of it those questions are downright idiotic. What is constant is your looking down at what others are trying to do. Different ways of doing things which are not neccesarily wrong.

And thank you for revealing what is already an open secret. Getting more people to fly by getting rid of the premiums, started decades ago by LCCs in the developed countries. It is definitely not rocket science as with increasing revenue and lowering costs is Economics 101 as it is not that hard to manage expected or targeted loads. The big question now is why can't MAS figure this seemingly simple trishaw science out decades ago? Why did we or are we still paying billions of taxes to support failure after failure of attempts to make a profit by the national airline?

It is true that operational costs are the same but AirAsia also do not pay for the 5 star hotels and allowances for nightstops. And while we pilots are paid so much money, why are we given food while lowly paid ground staff or traffic aren't? Get rid of the old way of thinking. What is important is the company making money and being successful and not be a burden to the country. Cutting costs here and there is imperative especially in these times of rising fuel costs. Do we wait, foolishly idle for fuel costs to come down or we try to figure out ways to reduce costs elsewhere? One is easier to do but it definitely takes some work for it to be successful. Lower wages in AirAsia even though true it is debatable because MAS pilots gets paid more because of all the night stops. But let's say one set does one sector to Kuantan then night stops there. 50 minutes of flying, then checking into 4 or 5 star rooms, getting food on top of those allowances and high pay. It amazes me how much money is spent for so little work. Is it rocket science to figure out how MAS is spending daily for work to be done? Sincerely no offense to pilots everywhere used to this pattern but sometimes we should think differently and not think only about ourselves. National interests should be taken into consideration too.

Keep living your dream Woobly.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Nov 2007, 11:02
What A total load of Shiite, :yuk:

National interests my a$$ you really ARE ON DRUGS my weird chromium fellow.

Pay for your uniforms, accept no meals etc. It is precisely people like you and your fellow airfarts that have sent terms and conditions for pilots to rock bottom. (perhaps daddy paid for you) :cool:

Well go ahead and pay for your rating/uniforms and food. And, while you are at it why don't you pay for your hotels too on AAX or perhaps in the national interest and the interest of safety you can operate to and from Australia with the same set of crew. And why not subsidise the ground crew salaries and take a 50% pay cut. After all it is for the national interest and theirs as well.

Welcome to loony tunes airlines aa/aax winner of the CRAPA airline awards. hahaha. :yuk:

Chrome
6th Nov 2007, 15:03
As always you don't have the facts right.

AK pilots do not pay for our uniform as it is provided by the company. We (this includes everyone at all levels and departments in AK) are actually being fed by AK now. Of course not gourmet that is meant for paying first class passengers but for me it will do because I remember how hard it was growing up. And I didn't ask my dad to pay for my rating :)

You say our pay is low but you ask us to take a pay cut? AK is not the problem here as we are self-sufficient. Why don't YOU take a pay cut so the tax I pay to IRB end up in better schools and better roads for other people as opposed to ending up supporting you. Why don't us pilots stop complaining how well other pilots are paid elsewhere. Open your eyes and and be grateful with what you have or are you raising brats that can't stop complaining their friends drive more expensive cars. Funny that you call us airfarts when the 40 odd ex-MAS crew now in AK that I know of complains about MAS too. To me c'est la vie. People will never stop complaining wherever they are. Remember it was because of national interests that you still have a job when MAS would have crumbled years ago. And you still complain...

Prove to the world the same set of AAX crew operates to and from Gold Coast old man and I will leave you alone.

Oz_TB10
6th Nov 2007, 16:07
Gee guys wanna take it down a notch? I do beleive C. Woob was being sarcastic to a certain extend. And do remember guys sometimes criticisms is meant to help and not oppose. Not everything can be taken at face value, especially us Malaysians whom never say what we actualy think but rather give lip service.

:ugh:

Chrome
6th Nov 2007, 16:19
That is exactly why I am criticizing MAS. Not to oppose.

6th Nov 2007, 20:57
jesus christ wobble!

u are the airfart...cos your'e just pissing in the wind! u dont get yr facts right and just fire away! unbelievable for a guy with yr so called "experience".

AA pilots DO NOT pay for their uniforms and ARE provided food. of course not high class food like u brats get but food to keep us well fed to perform. as for safety issues,what in the heck makes u think that our safety is ****? DO YOU WORK HERE??? NO!! u mouths cashing checks that yr ass cant cash my friend. and the minute MAS has jumbo tires blown... you've heard the CRM tapes and give them the thumbs up?? come on old man... gimme a break. u are shallow. get real.

critisizing a company who has only operated under a week and successfully i might add...aax is bound for success...

daddy did not pay for my flying lessons as well,perhaps he did for you eh? and like chrome says,how come there are a lot of ex-747 captains with **** loads of experience complaining about pricks like u guys once they get into aa? hmmm....

which brings me back to yr question on our safety and so called recklessness... hey... a large number of our captains and flight engineers are from MAS... so... even if they were "reckless"...guess they only got u guys who trained them to blame.

so its u who needs to get out of the dream and get REAL!

PS:its CAPA...not CRAPA... where's the sportsmanship? your'e like a kid who the ice cream man forgot. admit it man..... you guys just werent good enough. the only thing good is yr flight attendants as they keep winning awards... but... i doubt u would know how "good" they are anyway looking at your attitude towards issues such as this:8

WOOOOO BLAH-DY-BLAH