PDA

View Full Version : Spare seat in DN?

VH-WTF
22nd Oct 2007, 01:08
Hi All,
I'm a PPL(& ASIC:ugh:) holder from Sydney, in Darwin till Thursday night though. If anyone has a spare seat going on a GA flight out of YPDN and wants some ballast, or even company, i'd be hapy to cost share/buy you lunch or a beer!(once off duty of course..)
Cheers,
Will:ok:

morno
22nd Oct 2007, 03:22
I think your chances are Buckleys and None. Can't see too many operators just letting you jump on for the ride.

morno

Islander Jock
22nd Oct 2007, 04:33
no harm in asking I guess.

I remember when I picked up our first bugsmasha (PA28) from Bankstown to fly back to Jandakot back in 1998. Got a call on my mobile a couple of days before planned departure from someone asking if I wanted company for the journey. I said "sure, you can kick in for 50% of avgas so that will be about $300 thanks mate" Didn't hear from him again :confused:

Brian Abraham
22nd Oct 2007, 05:24
Certainly no harm in asking, used to quite happily give rides under certain management at one company, payload permitting. Was the recipient of same as a teenager and got to ride Lockheed 12, Heron, Gulfstream I, F-27, Tigers, Dragons, Austers, Zlin, Pipers & Cessnas various and others. Most remember being allowed a drive from seat 0A in the 27.

squawk6969
22nd Oct 2007, 05:43
Some real tight arses out there.

But you never know where us more generous types are going to be when you ask. Some days are diamonds..........

SQ:ok:

VH-WTF
22nd Oct 2007, 06:22
Wasn't expecting something to come up, but would be pleasantly suprised(and appreciative!) if something did! So, Squawk, where are you going to be over the next couple of days?:}
Cheers

flyhardmo
22nd Oct 2007, 07:11
No harm in asking.
n Africa we always gave other pilots a lift space and weight permitting. Just put their name on the manifest as crew. They usually had to be in uniform though. Surprised its not done a bit more in GA.

ForkTailedDrKiller
22nd Oct 2007, 10:37
WTF

No harm in asking! I am surprised by the responses of some in here.

If you were in another of Ozland's northern cities and I was going somewhere, you would be welcome to come for a lap in the FTDK.

Unfortunately you're not, and I'm not, and the FTDK is having a 100 hrly anyway!

Cheers

Dr :8

VH-WTF
23rd Oct 2007, 00:17
Careful there Dr, I might just take you & the Bo up on that come Feb! :ok:
Cheers

Pinky the pilot
23rd Oct 2007, 00:28
It was rare for anyone to turn up in PNG 'just looking around' but when they did, if they asked nicely, they generally were invited along for the ride.

Took a rather delightful English Policewoman on a Moresby-Hagen-Goroka-Moresby tour in a 402 one day!:ok:

Peter Fanelli
23rd Oct 2007, 00:32
and the FTDK is having a 100 hrly anyway!

So that WAS a picture of your plane in the photos thread !
Pretty thorough 100 hrly I must say :}

ForkTailedDrKiller
23rd Oct 2007, 01:15
"So that WAS a picture of your plane in the photos thread !"

Yeah, my LAME is nothing if not thorough!

Dr :8