PDA

View Full Version : BA cabin Crew recruitment in other countries...

Do228
14th Dec 2000, 20:29
Dear friends,

I have been recently told, by a friend, tha BA is recruiting cabin crew from other countries. In my case Portugal.

He told me that they recruit by Gibraltar Air. Wich is either a subsidiary or franchise of BA. Can this be true?

In either case i would like to know what is the medium monthly wage of rookie Cabin Crew of BA.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

D0228

AMEX
15th Dec 2000, 17:04
average for a newbie. £1450, never really got less than 1200 or more than 1600. Didn't stay long but nothing to do with the job itself or the company. bear in mind that yoour slalry varies according to how much and how good your trips are. Be also prepared to survive on no money until your fourth month in the company. That's when you get your first full salary including allowances of the past month. After that it's a doddle.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :)

OneLeft
16th Dec 2000, 22:31
Amex is talking about mainline BA, and 'old' contract at that. New entrant cabin crew would be hard pushed to earn this much, especially at EuroGatwick or Cityflyer.

The Portugal based crew are employed by GB Airways, which is one of the BA franchises. I don't know about their salaries, but I'm sure if you wrote to Cabin Crew Recruitment at GB HQ at The Beehive, LGW they will have info for you.

Good luck,

D1L