PDA

View Full Version : The Price of gaining JAA fATPL?

tornado617
21st Oct 2007, 15:28
Hello All!!!

I have done a lot of research about gaining a fATPL through either the modular route and the structured modular route. However, one thing i have learnt is that it doesnt matter how much research one does, its taking that leap of faith, diving straight into a chosen course.Is it possible to get a JAA fATPL for £30,000 or less? This should include JAA conversion costs if converting from FAA, accomodation,etc. Riverside Flight Center offer a structured modular ab-initio to fATPL for £20,200. This price excludes accomodation in the US and the UK. Please help! Ive been trying to get my head around it, but different FTOs differ:}. Thank you very much.

Richard

AlphaMale
21st Oct 2007, 18:20
Can't imagine you'd be abe to get a fATPL for less than £30k :confused:

OBA will get you a fATPL for £26k but you'll still need to convert the FAA IR to a JAA IR back in the EU costing around £5k.

OFT will offer you a fATPL for £19k again with a £5k IR conversion in the EU.

But I'm hearing more and more about hidden costs in the US, add the conversion costs and there's very little difference in costs between the UK and US. US can offer better weather and cheaper fuel compared to the UK.

I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Egnatia will give you a complete JAA fATPL for just over £30k but you might want to research this place before going there - kinda put me off.

Most people who have completed the modular route are looking at receipts that amount to around £45k done in the US or UK. :uhoh: