PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview

flygirl28
13th Dec 2000, 17:48
I have an interview for Emirates later this month and was sondering if anyone could give me any helpful information.

high & fast
15th Dec 2000, 21:29
Hi there. I believe they are quite particular about their cabin crew. What I can say for sure is that they need loads more cabin crew so there should be plenty of jobs going.

HUE JORGAN
18th Dec 2000, 17:37
it is true that they need many crew, however they recruit from about 25 different countries, hence thousands of applications are received and only a handful chosen. not to put you off at all, but you are basically chosen on how you perform on the day. many suitable candidates do not get through. process involves, 1st stage very short one on one interview, not indepth at all...basic q's like why do you want to work for EK? will you be able to adjust to middle east life etc.. also you will play some role playing activities...what they are looking for here is teamwork skills, communication, leadership. you do a psychometric test...that is about it for day 1. from that the group will be culled down to the remaining few (normally around 5-10), who will be invited back for the final stage, which involves a whole morning of role playing (about 4 hrs) and then in the afternoon a panel interview which lasts anywhere from 15 mins - 1hr... depends on you. in the final interview the main things they look for are pleasant personality, and if you remain calm under pressure. they will throw bizarre questions at you from nowhere...make sure you remain calm and if you need a minute to think about an answer simply say "do you mind if i take a moment to think about that?" if you um and ar or hesitate you have lost. to give you an example they will ask q's like "tell me something you have done in your present job that you know you are not allowed to do?" or they will be talking about one topic and all of a sudden from another panel member you will hear "when was the last time you were angry and why?" just remember that the answer to these type of q's is nowhere near as important as your reaction, so remain calm at all times!! this is the most stressful part of the whole recruitment process, and normally ends with all interviewees getting very drunk. anyway i wish you all the best.
ps where are you doing the interview??

tinkerbell
22nd Dec 2000, 17:47
I went for an Emirates interview about 6 years ago. On the 1st day we had to be weighed and measured; have skin checked under natural light; behind our ears checked; legs and arms checked for hairs, scars, birthmarks etc; & walk down a corridor!!! I was told i was underweight for my height (8st, 5ft 6in) but i told them i had recently lost weight (lie). At the 2nd stage I had to justify not wearing 2 inch heels and red lipstick, told I would be more suseptible to illness and be unable to work longhaul flights because of my weight!!
Got a job soon after with a domestic carrier and have been there ever since.
I'm sure thing have changed over the years. GOOD LUCK!
Ps Any one had a similar experience?

Birds2perches
22nd Dec 2000, 20:30
My experience was nothing like that, however, other friends who got in had the once over as you just described. I know people who've been for interviews with them who are perfect candiates for the job and have been rejected, yet, when you look at some of the crew they do take, it leaves one somewhat confussed. It's the same with any airline. If your face fits on the day .....