PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Interview

nasmablue
21st Oct 2007, 07:33
Just wondering if anyone has had a Q interview in the last month or so? I'd appreciate if you'd share your experience ( questions asked, length of interview, all the usual...). Ta

Brown Cow
12th Nov 2007, 07:01
Hi, I would be interested in any info as well. I just got the call for psychometric testing and would love to hear any hints/tips on the whole recruitment process

FullySickBro
12th Nov 2007, 19:21
Fellas,

Had an interview about 3 months ago. There was no technical questions asked.

The interview began with a 'tell us a little about yourself' and proceeded to other fairly standard questions about what would you do in this situation etc. It all seemed to be centred around examples in your life involving leadership, when you made mistakes etc.

I did a good amount of prep and perhaps the only thing that caught me out was 2-3 questions that were asking about times I had to 'take someone under my wing' (I think that was how he worded it). Since I have no instructing background (my experience is single pilot skydiving, charter and more recently regional airline) I found it difficult to come up with a strong example either within aviation or outside.

Another question I was asked is where do I see pilots in the grand scheme of Qantas. I hadn't prepared for this although I winged a fairly good response involving links in a chain and its a team effort type response!!

Also at the end of the interview I was asked if I wanted to add anything which I said no to and in hindsight should have definitely had an answer prepared. Ah hindsight...

All in all I thought it was a standard interview. Answered most questions well with a couple not so well (although I'm not sure how they took my comments regarding having no time for a#*e hole training captains and I don't have a problem telling them :})

Good luck, hope this helps.

Aussie
13th Nov 2007, 08:53
So, did ya get the gig mate?

FullySickBro
13th Nov 2007, 20:47
...8 weeks later got the still under active consideration letter, update in January...

Oh well, it'll gimme time to give them new fellas with the big silver and red Boeings a call :}

Aussie
14th Nov 2007, 05:10
Nice one. Good luck with it.

pa28capt
15th Nov 2007, 21:34
Hi guys,

Have the sim and interview soon, anyone else care to share their experience.

PM is fine.

Thanks

QantasPilot
16th Nov 2007, 01:11
G'Day,
Does anyone know the average waiting time for Cadet applicants to be notified as to how they went in the interview?

QFPilot

OhForSure
16th Nov 2007, 11:26
Week or two according to recruitment.

QantasPilot
16th Nov 2007, 11:45
Thanks for that!

QFPilot

Keg
17th Nov 2007, 08:01
Isn't it presumptuous to have the handle 'QantasPilot' when you're still going through the recruiting process for the cadetship? Keen is one thing but you need to learn to be your own person. If you use being a Qantas Pilot to define who you are- figuratively or otherwise- then you're traveling down the wrong road in life.

The other alternative is that you're actually a QF driver inquiring on behalf of a child but then I'd question why you'd identify yourself as such. See my above point for that one! :eek:

Runaway Gun
17th Nov 2007, 13:37
Offer him fifty bucks for the handle Keg, and he might give it up for you.

Maybe that will be the first question of all interviews, "What is your Pprune name?" ;)

777Monkey
17th Nov 2007, 21:57
Getting back to the point, is the interview still all behavioural??

Out of curiosity are there just the 2 interviewers?? HR lady and pilot??

Anyone had any sideways q's?????

You can PM me.

Cheers