PDA

View Full Version : Australian Info NEEDED

chilled
13th Dec 2000, 17:37
Hi guys, anyone know of any airlines in Australia who are recruiting cabin crew at the moment.

Preferably with a base in the NSW area.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Happy flying all. :)

Hey Girly
15th Dec 2000, 11:59
Kendell Airlines are recruiting, and they will prbobably base in Sydney but CBR and MEL are the main bases at the moment. Also Impulse are still recruiting.

chilled
16th Dec 2000, 21:39
Hey Girly,

Thanks for the info. Most appreciated.

Happy flying

cabinboy
17th Dec 2000, 04:09
Chilled...be advised that you should definetly read the " Impulse " section of the website <A HREF="http://www.faaadomestic.org.au" TARGET="_blank">www.faaadomestic.org.au</A> before you even contemplate appyling for work with their contract crewing company.

I have recently been approached by Kendell also for interviews however it is a Canberra base only. ( This is direct from their head of flight attendants )

------------------
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

Evacu8
17th Dec 2000, 11:33
Qantas has announced a recuitment drive planned for the first quarter of next year, there will (presumably) be SYD based Longhaul and/or Shorthaul included in the drive.

Hey Girly
18th Dec 2000, 12:55
Cabinboy,

Take it from me if you want to fly or anyone else does for that matter transfer is fairly easy with KD at the moment!! It wont take long to obtain required base, within reason.

cabinboy
19th Dec 2000, 13:55
Hey Girly, thanks for your info but I am in QLD and there will be no base in QLD at all according to " Browyn Duncan " for Kendell crew. It may be easy to transfer down there ( i.e - CBR to SYD ) but she claims there will be no base in BNE at all which is why I rejected it.

Anyway, I want A3XX/A330 action so I will wait for QF :)

------------------
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

Birds2perches
19th Dec 2000, 19:12
Hi Cabinboy. I think if you're waiting for a base in BNE you'll be waiting for a very long time. If you really want to fly (which is pretty evidient), wouldn't you be preapred to move to SYD or any other base just to get your foot in the door?

cabinboy
20th Dec 2000, 07:48
Birds2perches.. of course ! my friend....of course ! However, When I applied for the position it was advertised as a BNE base then withdrawn quietly somehow so it was not very fair. ( I think we all like the idea of eventually being able to transfer back home one day and this was made "clear" to me that this would not happen with Kendell.

Anyway I am 8 days away from ID90 with my current job. I think I will enjoy that for a while. :)

Merry Christmas

Cart_tart
21st Dec 2000, 08:00
QF are advertising early january for fa's - Perth based - longhaul positions.
Also National Jet are recruiting for bases all over Australia - lots of jobs in CBR right now.