PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Future(Confusing, Help would be GREATLY aprrecaiated)

ryanbarker747
20th Oct 2007, 23:44
Good Evening to all of you

My names Ryan, i currently reside in Houston Texas and im in my second last year of high school, but i am a British Citizen, Born in Northern Ireland. I plan to return to the uk after i finish high school and go to university in the u.k. I would like to earn a degree and also in the same time get all my hours to be airline qualified. I have read things on this forum about CABAIR and OAT etc. but i would really like to know what is the best value program/the best, as i am also not used to uk education would OAT be different for me as i went to school in the us? I have about 10 hours here in the u.s and plan not to do anymore until i have my university pointed out. I would just like to be with an airline ASAP as soon as im done with my hours and degree

P.S Is new bucks worth it at wellesbourne with CABAIR?

ryanbarker747
21st Oct 2007, 02:11
Thanks GMAC
but unfortunately im unable to work in the untied states due to the visa i have,so FAA wouldn't be any use at all and also since im an international here its about 2ce as much to go to university in the u.s, and im not really bothered to do conversions, is there any specific small flying schools that go from 0-hero as you say in the u.k? i would love to see a list of them!
Regards Ryan

P.S a degree is kind of necessary as i agreed it with the folks as a way to look good on the cv and stuff

Another question: what about doing my JAA stuff here, ive heard once you get back to the u.k its a pretty big difference

gmac1977
21st Oct 2007, 02:32
Hi Ryan

I'll still stand by my previous post however at 16 years old you have lots of time to get your flying sorted. 1st thing you should do is concentrate on your education and the degree you mentioned. As i wrote on my previous post, its great time to start pro pilot training but later on in life you may decide to take different path, Thats when your degree will come in handy.

Why not start a FAA/JAA PPL for now?

although you are old enough to train for a PPL you wont be able to apply for your 1st licence until you are 17 but dont let that put you off, it may take you a few months to complete anyway.

:hmm:

ryanbarker747
21st Oct 2007, 02:43
Thanks GMAC, i just got a reply from CABAIR and New Bucks saying they will give me training for 40,000 pounds with a degree including flying hours?? does that sound right, well the thing is im moving country's in 3 months so theres not really a point because china as far as i have researched does not do jaa and since im all over the place now a days i would preferably like to decide by march or april 08,