PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe FO Recuitment Re-opening

BlueRobin
20th Oct 2007, 17:09
The online application site is scheduled to be up by the 3rd November.

FO recruitment for this year is 100 bods, of which 50 are already placed from approved schools.

Same recruitment policy applies as before (which means I don't tick all the boxes) :)

BR

wbryce
20th Oct 2007, 18:10
From their website:
"You will need a minimum of a CPL(frozen ATPL)/IR. In addition you need to have completed 50 hours flight time in the last 12 months."

BR, you lacking the 50hrs?

BlueRobin
20th Oct 2007, 19:51
Two schools rule! PPL was at X, ATPL theory at Y and CPL/IR/MCC at Z.

Forgot to add in addition to sim checks and before commencing the TR, you must do a JOC which carries a pass/fail.

Rollerboy
20th Oct 2007, 20:08
To be honest with you BR I do not think you are at any disadvantage your cpl/ir and mcc were all completed at the same school. Just because your ppl and atpl exams were at different schools should not be a problem.

Have not heard about the JOC wonder what it will consist of?

Roller

Superpilot
20th Oct 2007, 20:35
I always thought the two school rule applied to CPL/ME/IR. Look where Oxford send their PPLs! and look where Stapleford send their lot for ATPL theory!

BlueRobin
20th Oct 2007, 20:55
This I had thought too Rollerboy, but. I saw Ian Cheese today. Apparently the system would allow me to apply but hive me me off into a box, I guess this means of "also-rans" which he may not look at if the primary results are sufficient. With 50 places, this look likely. As ever, you can jump the queue if you are either an ex-Aeros or AFT stude.

Rollerboy
20th Oct 2007, 21:02
Well I can only hope that Ian Cheese remembers your name and hives your application back into the in tray. It sounds like you were given the time of day and presented yourself well. You have some good information personally I wouldn't write yourself off.

My attitude is the person is more important than the application criteria.

Keep on in there.

Roller

Deano777
20th Oct 2007, 21:22
As ever, you can jump the queue if you are either an ex-Aeros stude.

Not the case, the Aeros system is a recommendation system, I am guessing when I say that there are only 5 schools that have this system with Flybe? but just merely being an Aeros student does nothing for you. The recommendation scheme is a maximum of 5 students per year (trust me, not that many get recommended) and the criteria is that a) you have to have done all your training there with the ATPLs at Bristol (not entirely sure the ATPL is concrete) and b) that you have to have done well on the whole course, also c) which is that it's down to the discression of the head of training. So the usual thing applies, great pilot, but if you are a c**k to boot you have no chance.

You have nothing to lose BR, (as you know) call me tomorrow if you need any info, my number hasn't changed.

D777

BlueRobin
20th Oct 2007, 21:26
Roger dodge D :ok:

Maude Charlee
21st Oct 2007, 11:35
Wasting your time dealing with Mr Cheese - he does not run the FO recruitment programme, and he changes his mind as often as his underpants.

crap pilot
21st Oct 2007, 13:27
Roger dodge
Somebody has been training at the flight cetre with mr caine ;)

BlueRobin
21st Oct 2007, 15:26
Indeed! Chris is formerly of the Flight Centre and now of the CAA. :)

mad_bob
21st Oct 2007, 22:19
Maude Charlee

From what i heard, that would imply he sticks to his guns :\