PDA

View Full Version : "Ladies and Gentlemen.......my name is..........."

euroboy
3rd Feb 2001, 12:46
Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Denise and I will be your Senior In-cabin Co-ordinator on this flight to Ibiza from London Gatwick today.
My team and I would like to welcome you on board this 727 and thank you for choosing Superjet Air even if you didn`t really get a choice in the matter.

Still my team and I have to put on a brave face about wearing this brown and peach uniform, so the least you can do is accept the inevitable with some grace.

While we are still boarding this aircraft, can I, at this point ask a pax in Row 13 to stand up and re-arrange all his belongings in the overhead locker for a long time, while sticking his backside into the aile and stopping other people squeezing past and reaching their seats? If everybody is seated too early people will start expecting this plane to take off.

Our estimated hanging around on the tarmac time today is appox. 115 minutes. You may like to take this opportunity to put back your watches by 1 hour now so that our take off time will not seem quite so badly behind schedule.

In a few minutes the tinkly tonkly music in the background will be drowned out by the roar and hiss of the air conditioning system. This is quite normal for this type of aircraft and there is no cause for optimism that something is actually going to happen.

Cabin staff are now about to come down the cabin making all the people who have luggage under their seat put it into the overhead lockers provided, and all those paxs who have bags in the overhead lockers will be ordered to put them under the seat.

My collegue, Patsy is about to come down the cabin offering copies of last Thursday`s Frankfurter Allgemeine which is the only newspaper we could get hold of because a mix up with our suppliers. If there is anyone on board who reads German, I would ask them to identify themselves, and to look just a bit pleased.

It may be of interest to you to know that our late arriving pax should be coming on board in the next 2 minutes. He will be wearing a Panama hat a pale linen suit and a smug expression. He will of course be carrying 2 gigantic suitcases which he will bump against your shoulders of those sat in aile seats until he reaches his own which is in Row 35 at the very rear.

Your pilot today is Capt. Roderick Wild blood. In 30 minutes he will be addressing you in his rich soothing voice to apologise for the delayed departure. In the meantime we will be taxi-ing to a different area of the tarmac so that we can get a better view of those planes which have been lucky enough to be cleared for take off. Capt. Wildblood has just changed the note of the engines to raise your expectations.

If paxs on the left side of the aircraft look out of the windows they can see the green suitcase which fell off the baggage handlers` trolley and is now being ignored as it lies on the ground. Paxs on the right side of the aircraft can see a mechanic staring at the wing and shaking his head.

My collegue Trish will now move through the cabin taking coats and belongings at random out of the overhead lockers and place them in overhead lockers as far away as possible from their owner. At the same time Patsy will, for the 40th time twitch the curtain which separtates the First Class cabin to make sure that no body in the tourist section gets an unauthorised glimpse of it.

You may like to know that there are NOW 2 mechanics staring at the right wing and gesticulating.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as it is nearly time for Capt. Wildblood to deliver his apology for the delay, I would ask you to fold away your tray tables, put your seats upright and see that your seat belt is fastened so that Patsy can come down the cabin and glare severely at your goin area. At the same time Trish will open all the lockers and slam them shut violently.

In a minute I will be demonstrating the Safety Procedures which I find embarrassing- especially the bit where I have to pretend to blow into the tube to inflate the life jacket should it fail to inflate automatically. You will find a safety card in the seat pocket infront of you. Please study it closely while I am doing the demonstration, so I don`t catch your eye.

As soon as we have taken off, the cabin crew will be wheeling trolleys into the aile to block your way to the toilets.

I would like to wish you an enjoyable flight with Superjet Air. Thank You, for your attension.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 03 February 2001).]

Xenia
3rd Feb 2001, 15:13
Very good EuroBoy!!! hehehe had a good laugh :)
Here goes this one..... :) :)
THE EVOLUTION OF A FLIGHT ATTENDANT

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR ONE MONTH
She blushes at dirty jokes
She wants to marry a captain
She thinks that a flight attendant's work leaves her intelligent
She reads 'What Every Girl Should Know'
She thinks all men are nice
She wears her wings with pride

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR SIX MONTHS
She smiles at dirty jokes
She wants to marry a second officer
She thinks that a flight attendant's work leaves her fairly intelligent
She reads 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'
She thinks some men are nice
She wears her wings happily

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR ONE YEAR
She laughs at dirty jokes
She wants to marry a ramp agent
She thinks that a flight attendant's work leaves her intelligent enough
She reads 'The Art of Love'
She hopes some men are nice
She wears her wings doubtfully

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR THREE YEARS
She tells dirty jokes
She wants to marry a man
She thinks that a flight attendant's work leaves her a little
intelligence
She reads 'How to Live Alone and Like It'
She knows all men are not nice
She still wears her wings

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR FIVE YEARS
She invents dirty jokes
She wants to marry
She would rather not have to think
She reads 'To Have and to Hold'
She would rather wear a ring

IF SHE'S BEEN FLYING FOR TEN YEARS
She is the girl in the dirty jokes
She wants to marry, "but after all, is it really necessary?"
She can't think
She reads 'Fact is Better Than Fiction'
She is glad all men are not nice
She wears a mink

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

Next Generation PSR
3rd Feb 2001, 22:00
ROTFPMPL - that is so close to a description of most of my 727 flights last summer it's frightening.

Actually on second thoughts, flying on the 727 last year was frightening!

Fraudsquad
4th Feb 2001, 21:24
NG PSR - you must have made flying Sabre as good an experience as it can be on a 727.

I know they had a few delays last year but you should have seen the Sabre PAX who had to sleep on the grass outside CFU terminal. They looked extremely P!$$ed off. !st hint of fog sent the a/c somewhere nicer for 12 or so hours.

Thank Airbus for the A320 and distinct shortage of delays in September.

FS

Octopus
7th Feb 2001, 02:33
good one euroboy - my attempt - guess the airline!

welcome on board - for all the pax holding UK passports and travelling on to the US on bucket shop tickets we do apologise for the lack of lugguge space for your two suitases in the cabin. For those who paid full fare tickets please place your bags weighting 20 kg under the seat in front in case you behead a fellow passenger.

Don't worry too much about the seatbelts - they are really not important - they were just put there to give us a superiorty compex! We all know that you don't know how to fasten them but you are good at getting them undone.

Toilets are located in the First Class and Business Class cabins for those on the cheapest tickets - please do not be offended by the curtains and feel free to call the crew racist if they ask you to use the economy ones. Also feel free to ask for an upgrade - it is totally unfair that those who pay 10 times the price of your ticket should have bigger seats isn't it.

Please do ignore the dustbin in the toilet - it is so much nicer for others to have your paper on the floor. Don't use the toilets to change the babies nappy - just do it on the seat or tray table and throw the nappy on the floor! We will pick it up while we give out the meals!

For those of you on full fare tickets - it is a no smoking airline but please feel free to light up anytime - just throw your lit matches on the floor and set fire to the carpet - it improves the appearance!

Whilst the service is going on we shall answer your call bell immediately your meal is served and get your drink even if the bar cart is just behind - who cares about the other 250 anyway!

We could even move a few crew down from F/C to help answer all those call bells and skip their service - after all they don't shout and complain - just travel on another airline next time.

When we give you an immigration card to fill in please feel free to let us know that you have a UK/US/Green Card/Canadian/3rd Rock Passport - I am really interested!

Just remember the key words - I AM THE PASSENGER - YOU ARE MY SERVANT - DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO - YOU ARE A RACIST - I AM GOING TO SUE YOU FOR MILLIONS - it works every time!

A319-131
18th May 2001, 22:44
Very Good Furoboy, I havent had a laugh at you people for ages, but it sums all of BAs 737-236 aircraft which I worked on for 2 years up.

Very Good.

VFE
19th May 2001, 19:07
Brilliant euroboy!! :) :)

Not seen a post as funny as that for a while!! :) :)

Superb!!

VFE.