PDA

View Full Version : Calling Sunstate info

Vertigobabe
21st Mar 2001, 02:25
Does anyone know what the money is like with sunstate, what the interview process is like and how they are to work for?
Anything would be helpful...

SixDemonBag
23rd Mar 2001, 16:29
I would only be guessing on the money and the Interview process, but the airline itself is a great place to work.

The companies morale is high, the crews are great, and the route-structure better than most regionals. At one stage they were flying as far north as Thursday Island and as far south as Melbourne (they still might be going there actually). The work is all done with a solo cabin crew member, except on the -300 series Dash where 2 work.

I think i'm correct in saying that there is a deal struck up in the contract that permits you to slink into the Qantas mainline after 2 years of service. Thus another way into Qf with out going through all the crap...well some of it. Because of this, the last EBA was trying to increase wages to promote crews to stay with Sunnies (instead of Qf). Also, about 2/3's - 3/4 od the crew are based in BNE the rest in CNS.

Very rarely did i hear a bad word about the job from the cabin crew. Hope it has helped a bit.