PDA

View Full Version : F/O EJ a MXP

vega130
19th Oct 2007, 16:13
Volevo inviare il cv ad EJ (F/O A319 con ATPL ) ,se c'è qualche pilota che gentilmente può darmi delle delucidazioni sui turni, sulle condizioni economiche (tasse, pensione,tfr,etc),sui tempi medi di trasferimento in Italia,etc etc.. Grazie per ogni contributo
Happy landings:ok:

topper28
24th Oct 2007, 10:18
Nessun pilota EJ base MPX per queste info?!
Grazie per eventuali risposte.

SmokeAndNoise
24th Oct 2007, 12:13
Ciao vega130,

The reply will be in english because it would take me about a week to reply in proper italian :8

Turni: We're working 5 earlies 3 off 5 lates 4 off as the rest of the easyJet network. Management is threatening to introduce random rostering but to be honest I don't think that will ever happen because the fixed roster pattern seems to be one of the most important things to our pilots.

Condizioni economiche: Well it's a long story. At the moment we're on the UK contract so you can read about salary, pension, leave etc here:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_oursalariesandbenefits.html

The only difference is that the TFR is taken from the basic salary before tax and paid into a pool in the UK. It will be paid back to you if you leave the company or change to a non italian base so I guess you can consider it a savings account with a poor interest rate :bored:.

The salary is paid in sterling and only to a UK bank account...

The tax issue is also a long story. It's still unclear if we're liable to pay taxes in the UK, Italy or both - depending on nationality, country of residence and other factors!! :ugh: easyJet wants to introduce local italian contracts in 2008. If this happens the salary will be paid in euros and taxes will be paid in Italy.

Tempi di trasferimento in italia: MXP is expanding rapidly so even if eJ gives you a different base to begin with it shouldn't take too long to get your transfer. No guarantees but the outlook is good.

You probably know this already but the only way to apply for a job in eJ is via their online application on the web site.

If there's anything else I can help with just post here and I'll see if I can give the answers..

You should know that it's hard work. We fly alot! On the other hand you get a high degree of job stability. The contract is permanent and they never call you on off days etc. like they do in most other italian companies.

Good Luck!

:)

vega130
25th Oct 2007, 16:25
Grazie mille SmokeAndNoise, the picture is more clear now.:ok:

Regarding the salary, on the website is talking gross or net? what is the average montly salary that a senior f/o brings home?
How early do you start working in the "earlies" and how "late" do you finish work in the "lates"?
Regarding the time frame to be assigned in MXP are you talking about months or years?
When and if you become a Captain,do they move your base as well?

p.s. scusate se il post e' in inglese ma volevo facilitare la risposta di smokeandnoise. Se qualche utente ha bisogno della traduzione delle risposte saro' ben lieto di fornirla.

Happy landings a tutti:)

SmokeAndNoise
25th Oct 2007, 18:12
Allora di nuovo in inglese.. Scusate ma altrimenti non finisco mai :O

The salary from the web site is gross (unfortunately ;)).. I am in no position to give advice on tax issues but I can say that paying UK taxes a SFO takes home in the region of 4000 - 4500 euro depending on how much you fly. The company pays 7% (yes I know it's ridiculous :eek:) of your basic pay towards your pension and you can choose to pay a percentage of your salary to the pension scheme yourself, before taxes. The more you choose to pay to pension - the less you will bring home. Also you don't see the TFR before you quit or change base. This is of course only valid for the UK contract and will change if we are put on a local contract. As you can see it's a bit complicated.

Earlies normally start (check in) between 5.30 and 7.00 local. It seems that more than 50% of the earlies are 2 sector days. Lates start from around 11.30 to late afternoon and finish between 2230 and midnight. Mostly 4 sector days.

As for waiting time for MXP base, at the moment it's months rather than years. There is a big expansion going on over the next couple of years.
The same is valid for command upgrade. They will try to put you on your base of preference but if there is no vacancy you could be assigned to a different base until there is a free slot. There is an official and open waiting list for all the bases ordered by the time of your request so you can be sure that no-one jumps ahead of you.

Ed adesso devi tradurre tutto vega130 hehehe! :} ;) :ok: ...speevy dove 6??

Speevy
25th Oct 2007, 21:21
Non è per fare la pina in cu.o, (e in portoghese pina sta' per Ananas), ma io mi ero astenuto di proposito, perchè in molti avevano gia' chiesto le stesse domande e io avevo risposto...
Bastava fare un search..

For S&N my I made you do the hard work ah?!? It ain't gonna happen again.. See you , I am sure.

Speevy

vega130
26th Oct 2007, 17:04
Grazie ora e' tutto molto piu' chiaro!:D
Se ci sono altre persone così disponibili che hanno qualcosa da aggiungere magari anche sul processo di selezione, ve ne saro' molto grato.
Blue skies a tutti.:ok:

green-dot-speed
28th Oct 2007, 13:14
giusto per info....
io ho fatto domanda quasi un anno fa...mi hanno mandato una mail dicendo che il mio cv aveva passato un initial screening e che mi avrebbero richiamato loro non appena avessero avuto una data per l'assessment...ancora tutto tace...il sito dice che da novembre dovrebbero ricominciare a fare selezioni...boh...qualcuno sa qualcosa in proposito?? a me sembra che l'attesa sia proprio lunghetta...
ciao!

RNP1000
31st Oct 2007, 13:48
Ciao allora mi ci infilo anch'io nella discussione per avere qualche ragguaglio sopratutto dagli utenti già in easy miei futuri colleghi (si spera)
Attualmente lavoro per una compagnia italiana ma ho passato le selezioni in easy a Marzo 07, una volta finiti i due giorni mi hanno detto che i simulatori erano tutti pieni e stimavano il mio ingresso in easy tra +/- settembre ottobre 07.
Per adesso tutto tace... ovvero aspetto la chiamata che per adesso non arriva.
C'è qualcuno che mi sa dire come sono messi con le nuove assunzioni, qualche easy boy mi sa dire se è ricominciato il flusso di neo assunti e quanti sono (sempre che si sia mai fermato)?
Non che vada di fretta dato che sto bene anche dove sono l'unica cosa è che provare a contattare l'easy è difficile dato che riceveranno migliaia di email al giorno con la stessa domanda.
Ciao grazie.
P.s. per chi è interessato ad entrare in easy non demordete io dalla ricezione della mail che il cv era stato accettato positivamente alla chiamata per le selezioni è passato quasi un'anno.