PDA

View Full Version : Air Tanzania future endeavour

B737 lover
18th Oct 2007, 20:56
Guys as most of you or maybe all of you have heard that Air Tanzania is about to acquire a couple of Dash 8s and Airbus while i can still see the B732s running even though they are about to be phased out according to the rumours, my question is where are they going to get enough Pilots for this expansion especially Tanzanians as they are concentrating on, or maybe i should ask what is exactly their future plan concerning this matter:confused:

406pilot
19th Oct 2007, 11:44
yeah right,

start up a nice session of witch hunting on pprune since most of the new generation atcl pilots are surfing on pprune, nice going 737 lover,

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
19th Oct 2007, 14:49
...the term future plans seem not exist!!!, if possible the OD (acting) would fly three planes at a time :}:...and make minimum entry requirements: age 62:bored:...jet command: not below 55 to make sure you have "grown" :zzz:

406pilot
19th Oct 2007, 15:14
hi guys,

not to worry lot of retired pilots are coming back to rejoin the company or is it corporation,im sure there are some more out there who would be willing to come back and work for the so called corporation, worst case scenario they will drag some other guys from their graves if they have to....but me and my buddy lowbypass still being told to grow,how much more growing up? we used to be the talent of the company now we just a good joke for everyone to laugh at us...if this is airline flying we were better off working for charter

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
19th Oct 2007, 15:26
:ugh::ouch:

B737 lover
19th Oct 2007, 17:53
I must agree with you guys about this issue, i think this is the only Airline in the world which employs Retired Pilots. I wonder how are these Old pilots going to fly the new generation aircrafts like Airbus or even Dash 8 Q400s? I mean, i know that they are desperate but to me this is a kind of a high school game, New generation aircrafts versus Old generation pilots:confused: they really have to think about it twice!!!:=

B737 lover
20th Oct 2007, 06:20
406pilot you know what? I think its about time your former Chief pilot should come and join this Airline as a First officer, it will really suit him at this time, afterall its becoming a Veterans' airline:)

lowbypass
20th Oct 2007, 10:21
...if only they could ressurect their old buddies!...rather than promote guys who are due :yuk:

lowbypass
20th Oct 2007, 14:03
new generation aircraft vs old generation pilots...the machines will be flown FULL TIME RAW DATA, MANUAL REVERSION :E and recurrents will be FD on, AP on :}

BALEWA
20th Oct 2007, 15:42
Landed in Abidjan during the week and met up with some pilot buddies on the ramp from Slok and gathered Air Tanzania is accepting CV from a lot of unemployed pilots on the west coast.

There are a lot of top guys in that region (Liberia, Conakry, Freetown, Lome, douala and cotonou e.t.c....) and I guess when we say retired we have to define it properly, are we saying retired becos they are at the age to retire or were they forced into retirement at middle age due to the predicament they found themselves after the demise of most african airlines in east and west africa.

Here in Lagos due to the current airline growth the latter is the case and a lot of the guys are returning and I think its great.

The fact remains that along the west african region exist a lot of pilots who found themselves out of a job due to the downward trend of our airlines in this area and with the current and exiting trend now these guys are returning, in conakry alone the number of pilots in their middle ages is spectacular and could help out with a lot of the airlines in the region.

Another issue is how to get the message passed on to reach most of our brothers who are still eligible to fly in some of this remote areas, putting up ads like what Air Tanzania did in Flight International a few months back is good, but the point I am trying to make fellas is how many of them get to pick up a copy of FI in this region and even if they do how current is the issue!

Even the internet is a no go area when it comes to some of these areas.

On my side its word of mouth and finding time on arrival in some of these remote areas to quickly say hello to the other crews and pass the message on about who is looking for crew and who to get in touch with.

We have a couple of pilots who lost jobs due to these reasons with and they are back flying with us after refresher courses, recurrencies achieved and line checks and its a pleasure to fly with them, and listen to their tales of what they went through after they left flying.

Majority of them still have the bug and I just dont want to imagine what they went through all this time away from the flightdeck.

Lets support the continent.

B

lowbypass
20th Oct 2007, 20:05
from the look of things the hunt for TZ recruits is exhausted.
minimum 500 hrs for FO, this one is a bit tight, most who have this qualification are bonded locally
a TZ capt of a B732. to be in a "remote" area anywhere in the world today, flying a 732 and not be aware that ATC needs him thats also remote
a TZ pilot who needs to see a flight international mag. to learn that ATC needs him?
the message has reached to ALL TZ B732 rated pilots by now, internet or no internet
my message is not valid if the condition of 'FOR A START, TZ PILOTS ONLY' is not there...next? cosmopolitan? no sweat, then?...seniority? :\

lone Falcon
22nd Oct 2007, 16:58
Hmmm Very interesting thread for sure.

Now I am still not sure, why the anger of the young and restless ATCL recruits is being vented out so ferociously. As of what I understand, from the time atc was a corporation, move to the left seat was for the privilaged ones ! some peasants also made it in and happen to still be there. As for Mr 406 driver maybe you should still hang on to your 406 call sign it might come in handy to go back there, now that your buddies are no longer in the management team, How unfortunate ! I thought you were going to be the right hand of the DFO in recruiting !

As for the retired's they are being given the medal of patriotic honor by returning to their home country to revive the dying :mad: oops! sorry wrong word. :ugh:

Lowbypass buddy, you have been in TZ long enough to know what ATC is all about needless to say more.

Arent you guys going onto the Q400's ? surely its better than a steam driven jet !

as four O six says !

Keep it up there fellows

406pilot
22nd Oct 2007, 18:58
hi LF,

you know as well as i do that props are for boats, even if its a stream driven jet like the 732 still impressive to when u glance at the gps and the groundspeed readout starts with a "4"...the q400 are scheduled to come sometime next year,still its all about displaying those 4 stripes on the shoulders even if its on a 406, remember that famous quote?

"the only thing worse then an fo who has never been a captain, is a captain who has never been an fo"

need i say more?

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
23rd Oct 2007, 05:16
whatsup buddy!..."move to left seat was for privilaged ones"...guys first officered twin otters until their backs smelt twin otter seats!...7yrs!...they flew as FOs average 22yrs!...until brother edwin sqeezed thru a needle hole to command a 732...their rescue came when they got married to SAA! :}...FOUR guys are now enjoying to boss from the left seat and enjoying the 'view' during boarding...for us?, who have been in the company for "only" 3yrs?...with the old style of managing back? shouldnt we expect to go bald headed first?...i am not going to turn down command, Q300/400?, yes...coz there is still some 20,000 hr vultures soaring overhead waiting to dive for 73guzzler command which reduces the probability of us jumping to left on 732...props are for boats?...some boats have waterjets :E

B737 lover
26th Oct 2007, 06:00
Guys what do you say about the inhouse training and recurrents(Atc Sim. instructors), is it worth it so far?

lowbypass
26th Oct 2007, 07:26
...come airbus and guys gonna have teeth removed without local anaethesia

406pilot
28th Oct 2007, 09:15
hi 737lover,

regarding in-house training i think it sucks, standards gonna go down the drain,still think we should have continued with comair, but then again majority wins......thts why me and my buddy think its better we go to the props and do our own thing there,

no more 406pilot

ps:the success rate will definately increase with inhouse training but for all the wrong reasons

flyhardmo
29th Oct 2007, 11:07
Maybe you guys will get the Q400's sooner. SAS are offloading all of theirs immedietly due to another gear failure. It would be easy to get pilots then. Plenty of guys in Dar and Znz who have experience with Gear up's or gear collapses :}

B737 lover
29th Oct 2007, 16:43
Flyhardmo don't you know that Atc has the best engineers ever, so don't worry about the gear failure, i'm sure that if worse comes to worse they will modify Dash8's retractable landing gear to become a fixed landing gear:mad:.
I tell you what, i cant wait for the Airbus to come as well, i think so many of them will lose their jobs:{.
As for my friends 406pilot and Lowbypass, please go for the props but with a reasonable package, i totally accept you guys. Your standards are higher than some Captains especially the retired pilots who are renewing their retirement, so to be honest i think that you are wasting your time on the right seat!!!
Big up guys:D!

lowbypass
30th Oct 2007, 03:09
Thats why you always forgot to select gear up/down in your dash 6 :}

B737 lover
12th Nov 2007, 09:45
Hi guys,
Goodluck and or i must say congratulations on your promotions:D:D:D.
Just remember to use your positions wisely. Cheers!

406pilot
24th Nov 2007, 18:34
hi guys,

back from the ground school course in nairobi...sim is next year..rumour goes a320 and the dash8 are comig in mid december,exciting days ahead for 737lovers, in the meantime keep logging valuable jet time,while we sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

no more 406pilot?
no more jet pilot?
no more f0?

GUSTO
26th Nov 2007, 06:34
Hey Buddy ,

I thought that "props are for boats" , so now you are joining the tanzanian navy:) ?

Anyway you will realize soon that a Dash 8 needs more skills than a old noisy 737-200 . And at least the Captain will know what he is doing . Enjoy your new promotion man .

Happy landings
Gusto

406pilot
26th Nov 2007, 13:15
hi uncle oli,

i know wht i said about props being for boat but i take it back man,q300 is far more advanced then the steam driven jet we used to, and thanks for the vote of confidence shown by you, tell me hw the sub-continent is treating u?

keep em up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
27th Nov 2007, 05:12
No more 406pilot
No more jetpilot
No more FO
I wonder what comes next:confused:
I guess it will be no more PILOT.
Wellcome back Buddy:ok:!

406pilot
27th Nov 2007, 08:43
hi,

thanks bro, sim next year jan...till then miguu juu
chief asked if we would like to fly 732 we said.."only if its left seat"

no more 406pilot
capt atcl navy?

B737 lover
27th Nov 2007, 15:53
You guys have left wounds to some of us, Atc is becoming like a famous Flying Impala Airline, no more days off for the boats if you know what i mean:bored:
By the way retired pilots have gone through as we predicted, thank God to the inhouse training. All we have to do now is to sit back, relax and teach them SARPS while flying from the right seat and see the way they will totter like they are drunk after the flight:ugh:
Cheers Atc navy capt:ok:!

onitl
27th Nov 2007, 17:27
hei lost of hotels near cae , auditirium and Ac hotels,and they provide shuttle to sim about 5min drive ,the cab guys here are crafty but hei you get to know how to deal with them once you have been hit few times , there is a shopping mall near by about 12 euro , pleniluno, food at hotels are expensive just say you crew at cae them you get off discount
:ouch:

406pilot
27th Nov 2007, 18:20
hi,

pole sana,but thats the price you have to pay to remain a "737 lover"..otherwise join the navy, atleast you are assured that standards will be followed in the navy,in the mean time keep piling the jet time buddy u never know when they might call u for command?

ahsante sana for the madrid advice we gonna be with flightpath guys they prefer the solficas hotel hope it will be ok,some guys leaving tomorrow will be staying there so will get an update from them,

no more 406pilot

austra1998
29th Nov 2007, 13:28
are you guys going to cae for the dash or the 320?
auditorium and ac coslada cost a fortune...much better to rent a house for 800 eu per month. its a one bedroom,bath,kitchen and living room plus swimming pool and tennis field. its next to the auditorium and quite easy to get to cae with the bus.
of course...you can also get this appartment for one month only.
let me know if you need more infoes about it.
ciao
alex

406pilot
3rd Dec 2007, 17:38
thanks alex,

we are doing the training in cae but i think the guys have booked us at the solficas it happens to be the hotel of choice for our training organisation..flightpath international...thanks for ur help alex

ps: od has issued a memo wants me to help out flying, looks like the likes of 737 lover r not ready to take over the burden of flying from us yet..remember guys when me and lowbypass joined there was only us and the roster was the same no extra flights have been added but ur complaining, oh well will help u guys out..please give me all your 7908's basi i think u all know why i need them..

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
5th Dec 2007, 16:56
406pilot i will never give you my 7908 flight, count me out on that, but as long as there are so many dogdy FOs around who call sick all the time, you will always get it.
Talking about OD's story i personally don't buy it, i bet that you are the one who pushed him to let you come back because you have already missed the performance of the steaming jet which you will probably miss for years to come. But its not too late to come back though!!!!!
By the way where are the Dash 8s? We were anxiously waiting to see them in Dar in October, or is this one of Atc's usual stories:confused:

lowbypass
8th Dec 2007, 06:26
''Just remember to use your positions wisely. Cheers!''

What does this phrase mean???
I am monitored full time buddy!(this is a whisper)

B737 lover
9th Dec 2007, 09:18
I can see the brother Lowbypass is back again online.
What i meant about that ''phrase'' inshort is that there are some Captains who are not maintaining the standards and a good relationship with their fellow staff, you of all people should know them better than me, so you guys should try your best to change that, after all this is a new beginning of a future endeavour of our lovely national flag carrier.
Talking about you being monitored full time in a whispering way, mh i can't say much about it apart from ''pole'':oh:
Cheers buddy:ok:

lowbypass
9th Dec 2007, 13:45
SARPS or SOPs? ( i wonder what we should call then now) is the ammo bud, always armed and ready to defend, whether it is bully or bozo...:ok:

406pilot
9th Dec 2007, 14:55
hi guys,

stop it bud... i dont think this 208 lover will ever know who bully or bozo is...

no more 406pilot
'navy' captain

B737 lover
10th Dec 2007, 21:42
Bully or bozo please explain:confused:
208 or 737? both have 3 axis!
B737 lover:ok:

406pilot
11th Dec 2007, 12:29
hi,

see brother lowbypass, i told u this caravan lover will not know about bully or bozo, the fact tht the guy looks smart doesnt necessarily mean he is.... i see all eyes going to storm aviation in gatwick for the airbus

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
11th Dec 2007, 17:34
737lover, I will explain, it is a long explanation...

austra1998
12th Dec 2007, 15:34
i was wondering...is air Tanzania getting the 320 or not?

thanks,

austra

B737 lover
14th Dec 2007, 17:09
Hi austra1998,
It seems like A320 is indeed coming, i saw the original photos of it today with Atc's new logo, it looks cool.
But please don't ask me when is it coming because surely i don't know. We have been waiting for it since October this year.
Its too bad for a 406pilot because i will be the one to fly it first before him. I guess its just a matter of timing not being SMART after all.
Cheers:ok:

reaz
14th Dec 2007, 22:15
The Site for Air Tanzania is under Maintenance.
What are their requirements for Captain and FO position?

lowbypass
15th Dec 2007, 03:39
Where was the picture taken? at Terminal one?, with MAD in the background? :}
Any news on the boats buddy?

B737 lover
16th Dec 2007, 19:56
Hi Lowbypass,
Unfortunately i don't have any news on the boats for you.
By the way i like getting MAD but again unfortunately, I am a B737 lover.
Future Airbus Captain!!!

406pilot
17th Dec 2007, 16:26
hi,

dont be so sure u will fly it before me.... heard will be flown by the wazungu and to rub insult to your injury it will only do 7908,so bye bye to those nice husky voiced controllers on 128.90/124.5/134.4...... and back to "say again"...and number on board controllerd of tz skies.

we need to fetch our boats ourselves buddy,like everything else in our company we need to diy

keep them up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

majah_ni_life
18th Dec 2007, 09:35
wat makes u think ull fly the bus before us :cool: mate u shud be more concerned about the " boats and dingys" at the moment :p....and ahem :) ill take u up ur bet for 3 yrs :cool:
but the way things are at the moment :ugh:....who knows :ouch::{

majah ni life
twinotter----> B737---->A320( maybe in 2015 :mad: )

406pilot
18th Dec 2007, 14:49
hi guys,

i also saw the bus pictures in atc colours,the rumour was tht it was supposed to arrive today and start operating on the 20th..the beauty of this rumor is that it had NO year on the date..so it could be the 20th of any year....(2015)

The bet is still on and if the 737 "love-her" wants to join in so be it...will take him on as well...

From the looks of it we will have to fetch the boats ourselves, like anything in this company if you wanna do it right,you gotta DIY...oh well its all good

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
18th Dec 2007, 19:23
Has anyone heard that the 200ds are NOT going back?...

majah_ni_life
19th Dec 2007, 08:11
bro i wud NOT be surprised if the 200's stayed for another 2-3 yrs ....considering the amount of money they just spent training the "new" recruits :rolleyes: :ugh: and also the " youngest " :rolleyes: recruits have maybe 2 -3 yrs left in them...my 2 shillings worth :confused: .....so lets wait n watch :)

majah ni life
twinotter----> B737---->A320( maybe in 2015 :mad: )

B737 lover
22nd Dec 2007, 17:45
208lover, 737 love-her, caravanlover, please 406pilot give me a break, I am a B737 lover awaiting for the Airbus.
Talking about you and your Buddies to go and fetch the boats yourselves:confused:, what a splendid plan for our lovely Airline, the boats are ready but their Skippers are still interfering our 7908 flights:ugh:.
B737 lover

406pilot
24th Dec 2007, 20:12
hi, this message is for the king of single engine hours in the company

merry xmas to u , i have stopped interfering with ur roster but crew scheduling wont leave me alone, heard one retard was let loose today, the skies are not a safe place to be, the boats scheduled for end of jan hope u will be there to see the glass cockpit and the fms and of course my shiny new 4 bar eppaulletes...he he he

keep em up there fellows,

no more 406pilot...

ps:gonna convince the authority to allow us to operate on both fleets, just to piss u off a little more

lowbypass
27th Dec 2007, 12:14
Who started?...what a long christmas message!...:E

lowbypass
27th Dec 2007, 12:23
...Also, in the likely event, WE might be sent for Left seat airbus! (as we are left already). Boats are not coming!, how many "end of month" have we heard already?

Perfect wishful thinking eeh?
:8

B737 lover
29th Dec 2007, 05:56
Hi Guys,
I was enjoying my Christmas with lots of 7908s just to piss off more some of you guys!!!.
Its sad to hear about the way we keep on receiving all these promises about the Boats and Airbus which are not coming on time, all we have to do is to wait and see in a year 2008.
ps. 406pilot thank you very much for the compliment, i owe you one:ok:
B737 lover

406pilot
31st Dec 2007, 09:30
happy 2008 to everyone:D ...with any luck next year will be a better year then this one all...remember to

keep them up there fellows,:ok:

no more 406pilot

GUSTO
1st Jan 2008, 00:30
Hey 406 ,

Happy new year my friend . See you soon in the african sky , You might see me if you look up , FL 430 at Mach 0.75 , I left the prop ... , I left the navy:)

Cheers

406pilot
1st Jan 2008, 12:53
hi uncle oli,

good on you man, but .75 at FL430 seems a little slow unless its not a bizjet or is the company going to force you to fly on long range cruise all the time..well done if u could id sing tht chicken song for u..remember?
you can leave the navy but the navy never leave u...he he tht why im back in the navy

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
3rd Jan 2008, 16:25
Happy new year to you all,
Gusto, 406pilot is right:ok:, mach 0.75 at FL430:confused:, it sounds too low to me too.
He is used to mach 0.78 at FL310 going to Jburg with a B732 on TC7908 to arrive on time because of Emirates.
I'm really worried that he is going to overtorque the Boats to arrive in Kigoma on time because of the Flying Impala Airline.
Enjoy Spain guys:ok:

406pilot
13th Jan 2008, 10:13
hi guys,

thanks for the comment 737 lover will keep that in mind... life is too short to fly slow man...i can understand why it bothers you whn u see us going fast perhaps because ur coming from a background of slow flying machines...he he he he....by the way please update us on the latest news with the bus or boat ...

no more 406pilot:ugh:

B737 lover
13th Jan 2008, 16:01
Hi everlasting 406pilot,
I have received some rumours that the boats are on the way to Dar but i have no idea when are they going to arrive.
Your major checks will be done in RSA with SA Express which includes spares and advices, negotiations have already been done with them.
Talking about the A320, half of the Cabin crew just arrived today from Mauritius where they were undergoing training for it including....., the other half will leave soon.
Well enjoy guys as much as you can even though i heard it from the your future funny training Captain for the boats that the training is not that easy, goodluck!
By the way i will be in Jburg for recurrent in next week so i will say hi to her!!!
Cheers:ok:

lowbypass
14th Jan 2008, 15:19
"By the way i will be in Jburg for recurrent in next week so i will say hi to her!!!
Cheers:ok: "

...:oh:

406pilot
15th Jan 2008, 09:17
ola, 737 lover....

ur getting very personal now....is this how u treat ur 'seniors'....he he he ...thanks for the update, a bit dissapointed because thought we were gonna do the ferry,ah well...

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
15th Jan 2008, 10:08
"Your major checks will be done in RSA with SA Express which includes spares and advices, negotiations have already been done with them."

...406 how about "that" he he

...:ouch:

406pilot
17th Jan 2008, 09:24
ola,

yeah tht will be nice to fly down south for maintenance and more:ok:

million dollar question is when are the planes coming jamani?

no more 406pilot

406pilot
19th Jan 2008, 11:54
ola lowbypass....que passa?

congrats to u buddy im up next... vp any news on the boats?

no more 406pilot...

ps;un cafe con leche' con carmen? mon amigo???

B737 lover
20th Jan 2008, 03:29
Hi Buddy,
I have just arrived from Jburg and she is okay especially after seeing me, you can fill in the blanks.
Goodluck in a critical time of your training!!!!
B737 lover:ok:

406pilot
20th Jan 2008, 07:35
ola 737 lover,

training is finished buddy,going home tomorrow? still no news on the boats? its hard word but nothing critical about it ..anyways i hope to see her soon,give her my love and all the best...

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
21st Jan 2008, 15:56
Congrats to you 406pilot and Lowbypass.
406pilot you will hear more about the Boats as soon as you arrive even from your Buddy Lowbypass, but i must tell you in advance that it's not really going to be a good news for you at this right time!
B737 lover.

arf1410
21st Jan 2008, 17:25
found this on the internet today (from East African newspaper)

Meanwhile, Air Tanzania continues to await the arrival of its bridging aircraft that were expected to have arrived in Dar es Salaam last November.

The company ordered and paid deposits on a new fleet of four aircraft to be supplied by European company Airbus, which are due for delivery from 2009.

It had sought a pair of Airbus aircraft to bridge the gap until delivery, and help crew and maintenance engineers make the migration from the Boeings it previously operated. Now sources say, delivery has been held up by unresolved finance issues.

406pilot
29th Jan 2008, 11:06
ola,

heard this today..looks like the boats are coming in march..also saw on flight international they looking for dash8 drivers immediately to ferry..just thought it was for us..perhaps a bit of wishfull thinking,till then

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
30th Jan 2008, 06:48
406pilot were you told that the Boats have to be flown to down South first before coming here for the reasons which don't make sense to me!!
I don't think that they will be here in March, so if you are running out of cash due to lack of flying allowance, i personally suggest that you should start interfering our 7908 flights again or go back to your former employer and ask the Chief pilot for a freelance!!!
Cheer buddy:ok:!

406pilot
31st Jan 2008, 12:03
u make me laugh...benz lover

we all know who goes flying the 208 whn they need extra cash....or shall i elaborate?

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
9th Feb 2008, 15:21
Hi Buddy,
Are you still waiting for the Boats???
Pole sana:oh:.
''keep it up there fellows, he he he''
B737 lover (7908/9 expert).

406pilot
9th Feb 2008, 16:33
holla,

lowbypass and the other guys are leaving next week to fetch the boats buddy...i would welcome u on the fleet but please no grabbing controls its a 2crew plane...he he he

no more 406pilot

BAladdy
17th Feb 2008, 18:04
The 2 DH8-300 aircraft will come from flybe. They are the last 2 bacon a/c

G-BRYV and G-BRYW they are due in DAR later this month. The aircraft to be

registered 5H-MWG and 5H-MWF

lowbypass
18th Feb 2008, 07:11
Thanks for info bud.
At least things are moving.
A bit puzzled here, we are told the two dashes are going to be painted in South Africa.
Is there no painting facilities near Exeter?...:suspect:
Maybe it is cheaper to FERRY the duo accross a continent than having them painted somewhere nearby...:8

406pilot
18th Feb 2008, 09:19
holla,

finally some good news coming our way, BAladdy have u got any ferry dates for us ? as u may have already realised we r locked in the information tunnel and pprune is the saviour....:ugh:

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
24th Feb 2008, 16:10
I'm personally tired of waiting. My patience is running out. I wish i could say more:oh::ugh:.
B737 lover!

eurocontrol
24th Feb 2008, 18:06
5H-MWF flew Exeter-Corfu-Luxor 23/24Feb so it's on it's way. MWG has had it's reg applied at Exeter so expect ferry this week as well.

EC

lowbypass
25th Feb 2008, 10:48
Best news!
Bored at home pending arrival of those planes so that we do 'base' check.
:ok:

Zenj
25th Feb 2008, 17:45
EuroControl

Thanks for updating my Dash friends , just as a matter of curiosity , are you someone working there ?

It will be nice to know someone close to Dash fleet coming over here.

Lets hope these guys start flying soon !

Z

eurocontrol
1st Mar 2008, 10:17
and for good measure 5H-MWG left Exeter on it's journey south today (Saturday 1 March).

Rgds
EC

Zenj
1st Mar 2008, 10:33
EC

Thanks for the info.

Saw the first one few days back parked at the ATCL hangar here in DAR.

My friends are waiting for the instructor to do a bit of upper air work and renew their expired licences.

Good news for DASH-8 folks

Z

lowbypass
1st Mar 2008, 11:46
Harmonic information sharing EUROCONTROL, its a one big family!
:cool:

406pilot
1st Mar 2008, 15:40
holla

thanks eurocontrol we the "dash" folks are really excited to hear this, thnks a ton..time to visit the skies again bud,where the air is always clean and cool ..

keep it up there felows,

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
15th Mar 2008, 10:02
Hi guys,
I saw you making bad landings when you were doing your base training in last week, keep it up!
Any latest news on the day that you are going to start operating? Any new routes?
Cheers!
B737 lover aka Benz lover.

grjplanes
22nd Mar 2008, 11:49
I see that Air Tanzania is to add 4 more weekly flights to JNB from 14 May...DAR-ZNZ-JNB...shown to be with 737-200, this while the usual daily flight is shown to be with A320?

Zenj
22nd Mar 2008, 17:49
Thats right !

Air Tanzania is shifting from almost 40 years with Boeing to Airbus !

Eventually the whole fleet will be full airbus except for domestic turbo props.

Zenj

arf1410
22nd Mar 2008, 18:47
heard there were problems with the airbus deal...planes were supposed to be in DAR months ago...they are painted and on the ground in el salvador. Anyone know the current status?

gcayman
22nd Mar 2008, 20:07
Is the A320 at DAR yet ready to op DAR/JNB on 24Mar?
DAR-DXB 5 x weekly with A320 from 15JUN08?

lowbypass
23rd Mar 2008, 04:11
"Painted and on the ground in El salvador" adding to the point, 'and registered as well'! 5H-MWH.
Why is it not here? It is a million dollar question.
"Heard there were problems with airbus deal"?...:oh:

B737 lover
23rd Mar 2008, 09:48
Lowbypass, the famous Chief Pilot is in El salvador to sort out the A320 issue so hopefully he will come back with it soon.
Some senior drivers are leaving in next week for training.
All the best to them.
B737 lover.

lowbypass
23rd Mar 2008, 10:10
And a third 73guzzler is in the pipeline!
Dont you fancy at least a 300?, must it be a 12 tons jetA1 to JNB steam driven?...:E

TC737
27th Mar 2008, 11:38
i checked in amadeus
, five new destination to be served.

NBO - Daily
DXB- 4 weekly
Kig - 3 weekly
Bujumbura - 3 weekly
Kinshasa - 4 weekly

while

EBB goes 6 weekly

and ZNZ - JNB - 4 weekly

B737 lover
30th Mar 2008, 09:11
Thanks for the info TC737, it sounds like a great plan for ATC without proper planning.

406pilot
31st Mar 2008, 10:03
holla,

stop complaining about the company that let u fly a high perfomance jet with less then 100 hours of multi engine experience and in the process also gave another benz to the benz lover...ha ha ha....fly for the sheer love of flying buddy.

keep it upthere fellows,

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
31st Mar 2008, 15:46
"Fly for the sheer love of flying buddy"
Exactly!
NO flying allowance since NOV. '07
Still on FO pay six months down the road.
Its gotta be sheer love of MUTIYA flying!
:E

406pilot
31st Mar 2008, 17:26
holla

u i can understand complaining buddy but not the 737/benz lover... our wings are coming back soon man, the muthiya schedule says 300hours @ month and we are only 3 captains and one bozo so thats something worth starting to plan for may be a gx100..in a few months we go back for coffee con leche con carmen

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
1st Apr 2008, 19:40
There is chinese fleet talk.
Current 737 FOs to go chinese command, how about that 737(GUZZLER)lover.
:cool:

FEW030TCU
2nd Apr 2008, 01:28
Hi Guys . . . . .

I have heard that Air Tanzania is hiring Pilots with zero experience i.e only
CPL/IR and 50% of the training cost from Foreign nationals. Is this news true ????? What is the salary scale for newly inducted FO and do they give some allowance during the training.

Regards.

lowbypass
2nd Apr 2008, 18:54
By looking at the trend that could happen.
Make a call or find ways to contact the Director of Ops or Chief pilot to clarify your points.

B737 lover
3rd Apr 2008, 07:08
Hi buddy,
To start with, i didn't join TC with less that 100 multi engine hours, thank God i accumulated a couple of hours with 5H-SAY just incase you have forgotten.
And just to piss you off more, a 4by4 of that family will be added soon into the fleet and mind you the cash is not from TC.
By the way i heard that you are about to join the Benz club, welcome Buddy!!!
Back to the thread i can't wait for your boats to come back as well, we are really struggling to operate with only one B732 at the moment while awaiting for the other one to be rescued from a fish City. A320 sounds like an old time story now.
Cheers!

lowbypass
4th Apr 2008, 03:56
"A320 sounds like an old time story now"
...and there is fish smell.

B737 lover
6th Apr 2008, 08:49
Government guarantee for A320 has been granted together with another one for another Airbus.
A third B732 under a registration of ZS to be flown with some of the Atc pilots on validation will commence its operation soon.
A new engine for the other B732 will arrive soon in Fish city.
And before i forget, 406pilot and Lowbypass will start interfering us on the radios soon with full swing because their Boats are fully ready to compete with the flying Impala on 118.2 with their Shining atc colours.
Soapbox Cowboy get ready for it!!!!
B737 lover.

lowbypass
7th Apr 2008, 14:18
We have heard all that before!...the latest news is indeed hot.
Let me force myself to be OPTIMISTIC... :suspect:
Six months of bench and no flt allowance still on FO pay?...:ouch:
I have gone numb, just...w a i t i n g...
:8

406pilot
13th Apr 2008, 17:49
hola,

the intereference has officially begun boys...locking horns with those atr's with pure canadian muscle during route training today..more to follow,too bad air traffic control on their side even my instructor said "do they own the sky"

just hope in an attept to race against the best they dont actually take off without starting an engine..."pw430 request start" while one engine is running and pax boarding.

no more 406pilot

Zenj
17th Apr 2008, 06:38
Congratulations for 406 ,

he has just checked out in Dash8 as a Captain,

he has also become the first Pilot to check out in the whole lot.

All the best !

Vialengai
17th Apr 2008, 06:43
I agree, Congratulations to 406. He deserves it.

406pilot
17th Apr 2008, 16:20
hola

thanks guys, every action has an equal and opposite reaction...on one side im excited to check out on the other the dash8 fleet grounded cause our engineers are not certified to sign the planes off...aaaaahhk someone told me good thing will eventually happen to u if ur patient and wait, but this is too much....

no more 406pilot

paulkimaro
18th Apr 2008, 19:16
I heard a rumour tht air tanzania is planning to sponsor a few cadets..nt very sure!!...

406pilot
18th Apr 2008, 20:47
hola,

i didnt hear such a thing, but its definately a step in the right direction, "all the best for tomorrow osca.".

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
19th Apr 2008, 20:17
Oscar!
Captain no SOP's...
Almost no difference from Capt. Bush...:zzz:

B737 lover
20th Apr 2008, 12:12
Yeah, congratulation 406pilot:D.
Keep it up there buddy until you make the flying impala to change its course to the direction of the flightpath.
Paulkimaro talking about your cadets issue, all i can say to you at this time is ''keep on dreaming''
Aka Benz lover.

Trawler
21st Apr 2008, 07:03
Congratulations Air Tanzania. Saw the Q300 down in Joburg about a week ago. Sleek looking paintjob. The aircraft only 5 years late. Remember doing some training for the ATC pilots in 2003 when SAX still involved, super bunch of guys. Enjoy and best of luck and PLEASE give the Flying Impala HELL.

406pilot
21st Apr 2008, 13:18
hola.

thanks for the compliment trawler (chris is tht u ?)...not much has changed in the past 4 years except tht fine bunch of guys u trained, went right seat on the 737 and are now back to command the q 300..me and lowbybass ferried the planes down and out of fajs one at a time...we also enjoyed our time at sax thanks everyone...

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
21st Apr 2008, 15:13
Hello there!
PM for you Trawler.
It must be C.D.J, I.S or B.B...just a wild guess.

:)

406pilot
21st Apr 2008, 19:21
hola'

hey bud, wht about that guy who taught us how to use the weather radar? cant remember his name though....
i think its the tech pilot that ferried the q400 from north....bargain

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
22nd Apr 2008, 06:17
PM for you buddy.

406pilot
22nd Apr 2008, 18:01
hola bud

yeah thats the name ,dont know if its him though...enjoy kesho

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
25th Apr 2008, 11:25
Flying impala's Boeing 737-300 has been seen crossing Bombay on its way to Dar-es-salaam for its delivery, will be arriving in Dar any day from today. Another challenge for Mwanza Route:ugh:.
And according to a local newspaper, Atc's A320 will arrive in Dar on Monday the 28th April 2008.
Aka Benz lover.

lowbypass
25th Apr 2008, 14:15
It taxied in today from Djibouti.
Where is this f..:mad:..ng A320?

406pilot
26th Apr 2008, 22:11
hola'

flew with a few guys from tcaa yesterday overheard one of them utter that the C of A was already granted for the plane,but the radio licence was still being processed, heard the same story at ops today....lowbypass-why should we care abt the bus? we happy in our own little "glass cockpit" enviroment, let the retards deal with it, besides they gave us NO CHOICE

no more 406pilot

406pilot
30th Apr 2008, 09:22
hola

just heard this today on the gravewine...the a320 is enroute already, expected to arrive in dar at around 1400 local time ...parking stand will be C45 next on C50 will be parked 5h-MWF in full "new air tanzania " colours, even though im not officially invited to the party, i will go and gate crash there....this will give "tanzania's finest" something to chew on:}

no more 406pilot

ugflyer
2nd May 2008, 00:24
GUYS GUYS GUYS.....I saw with my own eyes the A320. Painted in blue with the words AIR TANZANIA across its fuselage.....as well as the giraffe on the tail fin.....yeeep! You best believe it.

lowbypass
2nd May 2008, 06:26
At last the long awaited is here, very good looking inside and outside as well.
Next is skippers to remove their pants in SIM...:E
Let us organise ourselves for destination DUBAI and beyond.
Optimism is the word...:ok:

JG1
2nd May 2008, 19:28
Guys, I need to chat with the Air Tanzania Ops Manager or a senior manager there, if anyone would PM me with their names & numbers I would really appreciate it. Thanks JG

cigar
3rd May 2008, 07:16
Any idea of when she enters service?

grjplanes
3rd May 2008, 09:22
Yesterday I checked on amadeus and there it shows that the JNB service and the new DXB service will only start with A320 from 15 June? Could that be right?

Avionics2
3rd May 2008, 09:51
:Danyone got pictures?or a link with one?

Renaissance
3rd May 2008, 20:07
From airliners.net. she looks pretty

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Tanzania/Airbus-A320-214/1351327/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=JURER%20%20%28nveyvar%20YVXR%20%27Nve%20Gnamnavn%25%27%2 9%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=1326884[/IMG]

aamandani
4th May 2008, 00:11
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Tanzania/Airbus-A320-214/1351327/L/&sok=V0hFUkUgICggcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTM1MTMyNycgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQg PSAnMTMyNjg4NCcgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTI4NDUzNScgT1IgcGhvdG9f aWQgPSAnMTI3MDg1NicgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTI2ODA5NicgT1IgcGhv dG9faWQgPSAnMTI2Nzg1NycgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTI2NjU1NycgT1Ig cGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTI2NDIxNCcgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTIzOTEyMycg T1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTIxNzI2MCcgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTE5MjAz NScgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTE2MjEwMicgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTE1 MjU4OScgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAnMTE1MjU4NycgT1IgcGhvdG9faWQgPSAn MTE0ODI3MScpICBvcmRlciBieSA=&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=1326884

9XR-SC
4th May 2008, 12:54
Kig - 3 weekly

I m happy to see ATC resumes its flights to KGL. Great

Cheers

9XR-SC

Skylion
4th May 2008, 13:03
Is the giraffe running or having a crap?

B737 lover
5th May 2008, 08:30
I totally agree with you Skylion, the giraffe is actually smaller than usual, maybe it has been eaten up somehow, figure it out yourself!!!
Cheers!
Aka benz lover.

406pilot
5th May 2008, 17:46
hola people,

suddenly wht used to be a dormant group has suddenly come to life by the sudden arrival of the a320...hey guys how come the boats are not on airliners.net ? ha ha ha...rennaissance vp mambo bro? i thought u were also swimming in the cathay pool, wht up? i heards flyhardmo and pete77 are in..??:}

no more 406pilot

Renaissance
6th May 2008, 22:09
Hi 406 where is my scooby duude?

this thread is always interesting, but it became a ATC only thread for a minute. I am still here in Ulaya doing my space shuttle rating..... will keep u updated about HK. Keep giving the ATRs a run for their money

ciao bello!

Avionics2
7th May 2008, 19:39
however the bus lays @ the apron while their newly acquired B733 & ATR fly:}

B737 lover
8th May 2008, 09:27
Avionics2, you are 100% right. I really like our National flag carrier but i think we have to get more serious about this expanding aviation competition.
I actually heard that the ground operations staff are not even trained to dispatch the A320, so what is it doing here in Dar?
Anyways Lowbypass and 406pilot well done, i can see both Boats are flying now even though i heard that your expartriate Engineer is paid a lot per day with no enough spares:ugh:!
Cheers:ok:.
Aka benz lover.

Renaissance
8th May 2008, 09:58
Avionics 2,

I should have elaborated. Mr 406 used to race a 206, then a 310, then a 406. (then a pink scooby, but thats another story) When he got to the heavy metal, well it wasn't the same. Now he has a canadian boat which he can use to race the french made boats. It's all about naval competition, not giraffe vs impala.

In the impala/giraffe competition I saw a Turkish reg 738 as a serious contender.... OK maybe not.

Keep it safe....

406pilot
8th May 2008, 15:25
hola'

geez kj how is the space shuttle course anyways? i was in spain when u were there and im almost due for reccurency in june, so u been in spagetti land for more thn 6months now? damn hope the airline is there long enough

anyways guys here a new one for u...i was chatting to the atr fleet captain about the impala running in the opposite direction to the aircrafts flightpath, and he reckons our giraffe has a broken back and looks more like a "hyena"...so yeah theres another one for u national flag supporters..

some people always race to beat me, but i only race to win....so now tht my secrets out, hope we will have more winners out there, over the past few weeks ive been observing the atr's eta's and time to climb and i think the q300's has a performance advantage, for obvious reasons its a "thorough bred" from the dhc stable, unlike the genetically modified eads atr, with modified genes coming from all over europe...

benz lover let me tell u honestly, tht engineer deserves to be paid every cent,if it wasnt for him we would still be down to 1 boat operation, under the circumstances without any spares, he is doing a great job..of course he leaves in june and u just wait and watch the tech log then...

no more 406pilot

ps:the last time i bad mouthed the prop planes and i was promoted to being a navy captain, i hope it works this time and i get promoted to fly the bus...ha ha ha wishfull thinking

B737 lover
23rd May 2008, 12:18
Whats happening to the Boats?

Soap Box Cowboy
23rd May 2008, 17:39
No chance of sinking, they are safely parked on the ramp :}

Seriously, when you going to get those as my good friend "Love it only" describes them, "Way better than your ATR's, we got two DC genies and two ACV's" Whatever ACV's are?

Whilst I know you are said to be faster than me, I'm sure once I get my bucket of bolts I'll be giving you a run for your money. :E

After all I'm flying for Tanzania's Premier airline :cool:

406pilot
23rd May 2008, 22:29
hola'

people let me air my frustration over here before it completely eats me up, im really frustrated of late with the way things are being handled...the boats should have been sailing and we are not...some of us were meant to be in the air, the earlier they realise this the better or else we will have no choice but to join the "tanzania's finest".... which will obviously be a shame but atleast we will be laughing all the way to the bank (when/if we finally get checked out)..

no more 406pilot

ps:soap box cowboy bring it on buddy, "live life in the fast lane or stay home"

lowbypass
24th May 2008, 05:10

:zzz:

DashRiprock
25th May 2008, 04:49
Hey mate, clearly I see you and a few others on here work for Air Tanzania. I am here right now possibly looking at applying with them for their Dash 8 Operations, do you know of a good email address I could do that with? Their website seems to be down at the moment and I would like to give it a shot. I dont know if they are crewing for their 737s.

Any help would be great,

Regards,

B737 lover
29th May 2008, 18:13
Pole buddy, i can feel your frustration but keep on hanging in there. Good things are coming soon. Lets just keep our fingers crossed for things to happen soon before i reach your total flying time or maybe i have reached already, just to piss you off more!
Hahaha!
Aka benz lover.

Avionics2
30th May 2008, 10:25
yep!! hang in there buddies......hang in there.just pray you dont dry up or rust.[no pun]

ERASER
1st Jun 2008, 06:14
Saw your TZ A320 in JHB yesterday, not too "shabby".......very nice to see a A320 in JHB again.........

lowbypass
1st Jun 2008, 08:11
Not too "shabby"...are you saying to some degree it is shabby?, in what way?

ERASER
1st Jun 2008, 08:34
No, in SA its just a "figure of speech" saying it looks really nice........

lowbypass
1st Jun 2008, 11:32
Oh!...cool, really looks nice though the flt deck to the critic eye tells the story.
:ok:

406pilot
2nd Jun 2008, 19:34
hola'

wht ever:ugh:

no more 406pilot

arf1410
13th Jun 2008, 22:10
so are the A320s now in regular service?

TC737
15th Jun 2008, 03:48
anyone to answer that question about A320

ERASER
15th Jun 2008, 05:05
Yes, it is now a regular visitor in JHB (ORT)