PDA

View Full Version : Best to work on B777 or A330/340?

AVIONIQUE
18th Oct 2007, 19:47
I am doing a comparison of these types for a university project and would like to know if one or the other stands out as being easier to work on than another.I Know there are s"*^ jobs on any aircraft but does one type really mess with your sanity more than the other? is one always coming in with a bookfull every day? Just want to get a feeling for the engineers favourite given a choice.
Thanks all.:ok:

Le Pen
18th Oct 2007, 20:00
Triple
:ok:

mavrik1
19th Oct 2007, 00:49
I back triple too! Tried locking out something pnuematic on the 777 lately, toooo easy!

bvcu
19th Oct 2007, 18:19
obviously not done it too often on the very big lightbulb builders engine then tried to close the cowlings !!!! work on both lots currently and they're both pretty good compared with last generation of both but depends on operation and how well they're looked after , could sling an equal amount of mud at both with problems over the last ten years on them but overall ok. The worst i think are GE powered 777 and older 343's !

mavrik1
20th Oct 2007, 09:22
What do you say is bad about the GE powered 777? very interesting!

bvcu
20th Oct 2007, 11:59
Closing the reversers [c ducts] on both 94b and 115 can be a nightmare getting things to line up just because of the sheer size of the things , they either work perfectly or they can take forever , especially once they are a couple of years old.

mavrik1
20th Oct 2007, 14:04
Is that the guide pins at the top of the c duct that can get them caught up that causes the hassels? I've had that problem on the rollers too when trying to close them, wd-40 seems to sort it out though after a couple of shots!

bvcu
21st Oct 2007, 10:22
Main problem is size as compared with the two smaller engines, very large composite lumps only have to distort slightly and no latches want to start !!

TURIN
21st Oct 2007, 21:32
Give me the Airbus any time.

The cripple seven is simpler but the Bus will keep me in a job. :E:ok: