PDA

View Full Version : The last few days....

no sig
17th Sep 2001, 02:40
It's says alot that since the 11th September there has been only one posting on our bit of PPrune. Hope everyone out there is hanging on.

Wizdum
17th Sep 2001, 02:57
Just been too busy trying to get crews to operate night stops on their days off! It's been one of those weeks! But then again, isn't it always?

ETOPS MAN
17th Sep 2001, 03:38
Yes....... there is many of us with uncertain futures as the airline melt down begins. The effects of travel through the Middle East are only just beginning.
Lets just hope that there is a sensible outcome to this whole ugly world wide affair.

Fingers crossed.....and hanging on!!!!!!!!

OO-AOG
17th Sep 2001, 07:40
Really busy to dispatch what I had available across the pond to YUL and YQX, first time ever that no NAT Tracks were published by the way. Seems that the Bizz jets operators are the only ones in the business making money these days. Well we still have a Falcon grounded in BOS, only because we are what they call a PART-96 operator, can you believe this? :eek:

Confirmed Must Ride
17th Sep 2001, 18:05
Waiting to return to work after being stranded in EWR, not looking good as been told 12000 jobs to go systemwide...already been told that Winter schedule is going to be dramatically cut with loss of at least 3-4 Euro-US flights...just waiting to hear if department is going to be cut or joblosses

JB007
18th Sep 2001, 01:49
I feel for all at VS HQ @ LGW.

This is not a good time, I heard from CAA stats that the industry as a whole is losing 12bn pounds a week at the moment...

Hang on in there guys..

BONDMAN
18th Sep 2001, 02:54
Knackered ... wot a week to have volunteered for O/T, at least crews were in the main very understanding and prepared to extend FDP and reduce the rest to keep it all going

Cheers Bondy :D :D

Thin Controller
18th Sep 2001, 23:36
Things seem to be getting better....

Last week a nightmare at MAN, 2 hr delays on all flights due additional security.

Ground handling has suffered badly and thankfully airlines have been praising the staff, some of whom have worked very very hard.

Thanks to all involved. Lets hope that we can all pull through this.

Good luck everyone and keep smiling :D :D

waco
19th Sep 2001, 02:37
Cannot imagine for one moment what it has been like for all our friends and collegues in the US over the last week and a bit.

I'm sure I speak for all ops, dispatch,crewing/scheduling folks in the UK and Europe that we wish all our American friends all the best wishes in the world.