PDA

View Full Version : FAA dispatch license

llesson
13th Sep 2001, 22:34
anyone got any info on the FAA dispatch license : Where can u do the course? How much? job prospects once finished? Can u stay in the US once done or does immigration cut in? Is there a minimum age do do the course? Any info appreciated folks. cheers.

redundant llesson
ex bmi

Pete McGuirk
14th Sep 2001, 00:59
llesson

I have recently done my FAA licence - so if I can help e-mail me and I will tellyou all I can

Pete

SAIIP
16th Sep 2001, 00:44
llesson

Here's the answer to your questions:-
1.Since this is a FAA license you can get it in the state and dubai. But watch out in the state there are so many school, the two well-known training school are AFDTC (relax) and Sheffield (Tight and under pressure).

2. Price. Depend on which school you choose.

3. Great job prospects if you have an american passport. If not it look great on your CV and it also help you to get into the industry.

4. The visa you will be issue only good for the duration of your course.

5. Minimum age for a dispatcher licence is 23, however you may enrol the course before that, your licence will issue upon your 23rd birthday.

Hope the above info will help.

:p

ETOPS MAN
16th Sep 2001, 01:55
Be careful with what programme and school you select. The school must have an audit procedure by an FAA administrator, this rules out Dubai. It is a mystery to me, and to an FAA examiner I spoke to how this school can operate under FAR Part 65.57?
Sheffield has a very good reputation, also AGS offer a correspondence course if you have limited time and a strong operations background.
If you want to know more about AGS correspondence course, drop me a line.
Good luck.

Lifeguard2728
16th Sep 2001, 09:37
Pete

Weren't you at AFDTC in DFW in Jan 2001 ???

If so then i got a call from Richard Wateska asking me if there were any vacancies in the company I now work for in the USA as you were interested working in the USA.

Regards

LG2728

Pete McGuirk
16th Sep 2001, 21:25
Lifeguard

I was there Feb to Apr. I still want to work over in the states so if you have any info or contacts then I am more then interested. I shall be over on holiday Oct 8-27 if that is any use??

Please e-mail me with any help if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks

Pete