PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Handlers

liquidhockey
24th Jan 2002, 01:55
Hi

Please can somebody in the know post a reply to this message explaining in as much detail as possible what an aircraft handler does in his job?

The main points i am more interested in finding out are...

-All the different parts of the job. .-How hard it is for a 18 year old with 2 a-levels and no previous experience to get a job as an A/C handler. .-Do you work for a particular airline or for the airport. .-Pay and hours and shifts. .-And what training do you need and are you provided with this training or do you have to pay for it?

I look forward to a response

Best regards

Dave

liquidhockey
24th Jan 2002, 17:29
any help would be appreciated

Curious Pax
24th Jan 2002, 19:39
Depends what you mean by 'aircraft handler'. The handling agents at Manchester often recruit for the summer, and (in the past) the first people tend to start in late March, so now is probably a good time to write a few letters. I did a summer for Servisair as a dispatcher 16 years ago (so obviously things are likely to be rather different now) but then enthusiasm and an existing interest in aviation seemed to help greatly. 2 A levels is probably more than some people taken on will have. Downside that hasn't changed looking at other threads on here is that the money is abysmal. Most people make ends meet (depending on circumstances of course) by working huge amounts of overtime in the summer, and as little as possible in the winter to try and recover. A look at the Manchester Airport website is probably a good place to start.

AirOpsOne
24th Jan 2002, 19:59
liquidhockey

You seemt to ask this question all the time looking at your past posts.. .The best thing to do is go the the Airport and knock on a few doors action speaks louder than words.

good luck....

Thin Controller
29th Jan 2002, 02:47
Get hold of the Manchester Airport Job Centre located in Commenwealth House.. .All jobs, including dispatch, are in there.. .You may want to get into pax handling as a foot in the door.. .Good Luck and Hope you enjoy the job. :)

SAT 1
30th Jan 2002, 05:38
Saw in another thread that Groundstar at STN are taking on Ryanair so probably looking for staff

Ops1
1st Feb 2002, 03:52
There you are again Monty or Y I man or Sat 1 whcih one are you this week!. ... .On the subject of ground handlers like monty says. .Groundstar at stansted are looking for staff for there RYR, JMC and GOE contracts.. ... .Good luck