PDA

View Full Version : Crushed Ankle

CoodaShooda
17th Oct 2007, 07:12
A friend's daughter has had an accident with a horse, resulting in her ankle being thoroughly smashed.

The surgeons have removed pieces of bone in an attempt to relieve her pain and are working on 'freezing' the foot to the leg.

Her parents are now looking for possible treatments that might give her future mobility/flexibility in the joint.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

effortless
17th Oct 2007, 07:28
Johan Witt, University College London Hospital, he has a great deal of experiernce in reconstructing young limbs. It is worth asking him to look at the films for an opinion. This can be done electronically.

CoodaShooda
18th Oct 2007, 02:10
Thanks mate. I'll pass the details on.

effortless
18th Oct 2007, 18:47
Best is to contact him and ask if he would mind giving his opinion on the films. He is a very nice chap but greatly in demand. I have seen him rebuild a boy's leg almost from nothing.

alpha13
12th Nov 2007, 19:00
I can highly recommend Prof. DR Greta Dereymaeker in Leuven, Belgium . She is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in feet . Did a wonderful job on me last year , which involved some reconstructive surgery after a certain London hospital messed me up 3 years ago. She works in a small private hospital, but I have heard that she also travels abroad, I know she used to operate in USA. You can find lots of references about her on the internet.
Leuven is only 30 min. by train from Brussels and if your friends ever want to travel let me know, I can ask my friend who lives there to find a hotel or B&B.
The phone number for that hospital is 00 32 16 209 312 then ask for orthopaedic department, they speak English .