PDA

View Full Version : Sea King or Sea Coffin?

Flyingblind
16th Oct 2007, 23:59
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/17/2061533.htm

More media beat up or is there something more to it?

wessex19
17th Oct 2007, 00:19
I know Tim Barrett personally and he does NOT talk ****. Maybe the inside source at NAS Nowra was a steward with a gripe. Who knows???? The whole story here is based on a unnamed source holding down an unknown position at an unknown level. By the way flyingblind, your topic headline is in bad taste putting it nicely!!!!:mad:

havick
17th Oct 2007, 01:13
All the guys I know at 817 are chomping at the bit to get back up in the air.

Flyingblind
17th Oct 2007, 03:20
wessex19,

No offence was meant in the title, i have lost several close colleagues in Helicopter crashes whilst serving in the ADF and did not feel an internal sense of bad taste as i enterd the title.

In the interest of harmony i've ammended the title.

I do however feel your :mad: a bit over the top.

Nevermind, the post is about the BRW story not me.

Trojan1981
17th Oct 2007, 04:45
I dont think it matters who the informant is. More senior pers will always tow the party line-at least in public. COMAUSNAVAIRGRP is not going to admit to the media that the crews have lost confidence in the safety of the helo, especially not so close to a federal election.

Maintainence culture asside, airworthyness has only become an issue because the government has held on to the SK for to long. It is becoming increasingly difficult to source spares, some even coming from cannibalised egyptian airframes. I lost a good mate on Nias and I hope the maintainence culture issues are resolved already with the right people being targeted-not just the lowest ranked.

BTW I have heard that the SK will begin winding up flying operations soon, with airframes being progresively retired from early next year, does anyone know if this is true?