PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Progress Chaser

gary825
16th Oct 2007, 19:44
Hello everyone,could anybody tell me what a Maintenance Progress Chaser would acutally do in the day to day workings of an airline?

Thanks,
Gar.

Saintsman
17th Oct 2007, 06:45
He doesn't do anything in the day to day operations of an airline.

He works in maintenance (which can be nothing to do with an airline). He makes sure that the engineers have the correct parts delivered to them at the correct time so that they can carry out their work as effectively as possible in order to get the aircraft back into the air on time.

gary825
17th Oct 2007, 10:00
I see,thanks for the reply;)

Il Sal
17th Oct 2007, 10:20
Hi everybody,
I'm an Aerospace MSc student in Kingston University of London.
I'm working on a B747 landing gear project.
I need, if is possible, some images, photos and real dimensions in order to design with Cad/Cam the main parts (Wheels, brakes, piston, actuator...) and then assemble them.
If you have some info let me know, please.:ok:
Best
Andrea

WillDAQ
17th Oct 2007, 15:07
It would have been nice for you to make a few posts and then start a new thread, rather than trying to hi-jack multiple existing ones.. but there you go.

Photos can be found online (try googling 'photos airliners' and take the top link..). Acurate dimensions or technical drawings are much more difficult to come by. I can't think of any available in the public domain off the top of my head. However, Kingston claims "excellent links with industry" so I presume you'd have contacts at places like maintenance facilities. Maybe speak to someone at Boeing? Although if you're anything like us it'd be Airbus...

quichemech
17th Oct 2007, 19:56
You could even try Messier Dowty in Gloucestershire, they manufacture for Airbus and I think they do some Boeing stuff as well.

michael.e
18th Oct 2007, 06:26
The gear CMM (component maintenance manual), will have all the specs drawings and dimensions used in overhaul of the gear.

Any base performing overhauls on the gear, heavy checks on the plane or airline having one of the aircraft would have the a full set of CMM's for the aircraft's components including gear.