PDA

View Full Version : New EAA EBA actually serious!

Highbypasss
16th Oct 2007, 11:49
I just received the express post pack in the mail explaining how to vote for the new EBA. Before this i'd read about it and had some discussion with others at work and actually thought it was some light-hearted humour. I've now realised that it's not actually a joke. I repeat...NOT a joke! So if you've been to the EBA meetings (like I now WISH I did) and thought that it was all just some light-hearted humour and entertainment for an hour, that is not the case!
...........just wanted to let everyone know....just in case, like me, you thought it was a joke.
..........................................H.:cool:

apache
16th Oct 2007, 21:52
please enlighten us as to what the offer actually is. ie what % rise, what increased(if any) conditions. Length of EBA etc etc.

Last time rex went through "negotiations"(for lack of a better word) the phrase "Industry Standard" was thrown around. When some bright spark actually dared ask for a definition of "Industry Standard"... well, that produced a few drops of sweat from the "negotiator" (for lack of a better word) who was just hoping for a quick resolution.

HIS answer to "Industry Standard" was 'whatever Eastern Get'. ie 3%.

when further pressed to include ALL the items of "what eastern get" he shrugged it off... and rex pilots got screwed twice. Once by management (for lack of a better word), and again by the federation. They even admitted...."It is not a good deal, but it is the BEST deal you will get".

May be the best deal you would get without actually negotiating, Mr Federation. Please try harder this year.

DeafStar
16th Oct 2007, 22:40
Is there any mention of retention bonus?

CaptCloudbuster
16th Oct 2007, 22:40
The AFAP is useless - no argument here. However - Pilots will only "negotiate" a better deal for themselves when they are prepared to take the "negotiations" all the way. aka Nat Jet style.:D
My comrades in QF short haul didn't have the courage so now they're stuck with a sub standard 5 year deal.:ouch:
What will Rex pilots achieve - it's over to them:ok:

bullamakanka
17th Oct 2007, 06:52
I did not think the EAA EBA was all that great. The standard 3% is there, some incentives to work more for extra money, back pay till july 07, and some roster flexibility for both parties.

The big carrot is the 2k/3k per year payment to give up the rotating block roster. This is only for the term of this EBA though.

But there seems to be talk of an announcement. Maybe some more incentives for the troops in it?

Bulla

Highbypasss
17th Oct 2007, 07:47
Hi all. Just wanted to clarify, just in case the tone of my original post was missed. I was, off course, being sarcastic. To put it plainly, I think the EBA offered is a joke, an insult, and a complete waste of the past few months of negotiations. What a load of (something that is really smelly)!!! Apart from this, I am speechless!!! All I can say is that management must think we're absolute morons...hopefully the voting will show that we aren't.

..........................................H.:cool:

DeafStar
17th Oct 2007, 07:58
3k isnt much and its an offset for losing your rotating block. Surely the EAA team put forward retetion bonusus? Somewhere in the 15k mark might make people think twice about leaving?

Icarus53
17th Oct 2007, 08:01
Don't see how there can be an announcement after the document has gone out.
I know there are some murmurs going around the pilot group, but it sounds like the Federation are pretty keen to get it through quick smart and without a fuss.

missing link
17th Oct 2007, 10:49
seems every one involved ie:afap and eba negotiating team are lighting up cigars and pating each other on the back. As usual the afap have done the companys bidding, but did anyone bother to ask, Why are they so eager to get this through, why no iron bar protracted drawn out meetings, why no threat of holding back pay.............I'll speak slowly so the dip****s involved can understand - YOUR GETTING SCREWED AGAIN.
Piss poor proposal , -No vote for me.:mad:

teggun
18th Oct 2007, 00:48
I think the EBA is passive, nothing much in it, nor to much sinister. Lets face it when you go onto the 400 you would lose the rotating block anyway, so at least we will gain something for it.

As I say it is passive, not much in it, nor anything much to keep people, it is now up to the company to add other incentives, be it career progression or a retention bonus or both.

I also find it difficult to believe that two of the guy's on the negotiating team that are no bulls**t type people would stop fighting if they thought they could achieve a better outcome.

We must remember these guy's were elected because we believed they would be the best people to get the job done, and I believe sometimes we must display faith in that trust.

Highbypasss
29th Oct 2007, 11:18
Well that's it. I'm outa here. I was right in the first place...it IS a joke. If it wasn't for the AEC conducting the election, i'd swear it was rigged.

................................H.:cool:

KRUSTY 34
29th Oct 2007, 20:52
Oh Oh.....!

Didn't get up did it?

bullamakanka
29th Oct 2007, 22:13
Its a yes, by a pretty healthy margin too.

B

vigi-one
29th Oct 2007, 22:22
Unfortunately QLINK no longer seen as a career option but a 6 -12 month stepping stone to other things or in the case of the 15 or so QANTAS cadets a 2 year diversion therfore a lot of QLINK pilots are only relatively new to the company hence the result.

Toluene Diisocyanate
29th Oct 2007, 23:33
I wouldn't call 68% a healthy margin :hmm:
Most are just fed up with the crap way we're been treated and are gonna leave anyway. In time of record profits they tossed a couple of crumbs and took away the lifestyle. They couldve done better.
Good onya Eastern's.

See youse!

indamiddle
31st Oct 2007, 06:30
you should check whether the AEC is is a private company
paid by qf to conduct the vote count
2 eba's ago for hosties it was a private co. and when the
union scrutineers tirned up envelopes were already opened!
vote passed by a small margin

indamiddle
31st Oct 2007, 06:33
please excuse the spilling abuve

Toluene Diisocyanate
31st Oct 2007, 10:53
The ballot was not done by AEC. It was Elections Australia the mob I think indamiddles talking about and online.
The last straw for a few blokes. Word is some blokes upskilling in other areas and getting out of aviation alltogether.
Retention bonus my arse. Give us a career progression.

See youse!