PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe interview - Last minute...

5 RINGS
16th Oct 2007, 08:46
Hello there!

Can anybody shed some light on FlyBe's interview?

I did my homeworks on this forum, but just wanted to gather all the latest news as they're are interviewing at the moment.

Any comment from F/O wannabes most welcome!

Cheers,

5 Rings

Cyclone733
16th Oct 2007, 10:31
Look into the fleets and the future plans for the fleets (getting rid of the 145?)
Know about the aircraft you are starting on eg the Q400's NVS
Look into the green policies
Generally the flybe website is one of the best sources of information

There tends to be a technical question, nothing too hard normally and if there is a white board in the room they don't seem to mind you drawing related diagrams.

Be ready for silly questions such as
"Why not BA?" it's hard to avoid silly answers such as "Because they didn't get back to me..." but coming back to why you want flybe as an employer seems to work

All the best

Big_Mach
18th Oct 2007, 10:34
From my experience (about 1.5 years ago) all the homework you did was covered in a presentation at the beginning - i.e. bases, fleets, routes, numbers, business plan etc rendering all your snippets of information useless.

Then it was a three-on-one interview. They asked me what I thought of the presentation (I said something like I was very impressed that Flybe was number three on the "recall" list of airlines by members of the public). Then they moved onto generic HR stuff - who you are, where you're from, how do you deal with certain situations, etc. I can't remember if there were a few of those "drunk captain" questions thrown in as well.

Questions from the technical side included deciphering a TAF and explaining what that meant to the operation (heavy rain and thunderstorms => icing) and how the Dash would subsequently deal with icing (rubber boots). What was the significance of its T-tail (stall characteristics).

Then it moved on to you and Flybe and, in my opinion, this is the make or break part. They know they are a feeder airline and some of their base locations (e.g. Belfast) might not be ideal. So questions like "What base would you like...if you were given Belfast would you still be happy or would you want a transfer". And "Where do you see yourself in a year, three years, five years". Here they are looking at your commitment to Flybe and in particular the turbo-prop fleet, for at least the medium term.

Hope that is of help; it might be a bit dated but I'm sure much of it is still relevant.

Maude Charlee
18th Oct 2007, 11:49
Just to correct a common misconception - Belfast is the best base on the network. All the whingers live elsewhere and fortunately can't be heard very often over the water! :}

5 RINGS
19th Oct 2007, 09:49
Thank you guys for answering my question!

Hope to see you soon in a crew room or a flight deck.

Cheers,

5 Rings

-IBLB-
21st Oct 2007, 10:07
You've had your interview, 5 rings? Anything that you can share with us? PM me if you prefer. I've got one coming up as well.

5 RINGS
22nd Oct 2007, 12:37
Sorry mates,

interview scheduled end of November, can't tell you my story by then...

jammasterj
11th Feb 2008, 10:14
Any update on the interview process? I am trying to prepare in case Flybe get back to me... I hope it went well in November!:ok:

J

5 RINGS
17th Feb 2008, 09:16
have a look to FlyBe online application thread then...