PDA

View Full Version : Where in USA??

oneill10999
15th Oct 2007, 22:10
Hey,
Im a 25 yr old canadian, waiting to see if i will get in the air force.
If not, i will have to continue working towards my commercial pilot license.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best schools are in the southern USA? and if so, which of these have job placement programs upon completion of your commercial license?

Also, can any flight schools in the USA, obtain working visas for canadians, so we could work in the USA upon completion of our commercial license?? if so, which ones?

Thanks guys! ;) Appreciate it!

cessnaxdriver
31st Oct 2007, 04:52
Hello,

Best places to train would be Florida, Arizona, or the Southeast. I had an FO who went to Flight Safety in Vero Beach, Fl and thought they did a good job. I would do some research and see what kind of training they are noted for ( Professional or general training). As for getting a visa, that will not happen. I married a Canadian and she could only get one after our marriage was final. SHe has a specialized skill tha is hard to get here in the states too.

You may be able to find a job under the table that will let you instruct while you have your student visa, but long term will be difficult. I would check with the US visa requirements and see what they can do..

Good Luck,
Xdriver