PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory issue.

Mohit_C
15th Oct 2007, 20:03
Hi people,
Perhaps I don't have a totally clear idea on how ATPL exams (14) work as yet but I had a question in my mind. If all goes right, I would be starting my integrated ATPL course in Spain and I was wondering when the time comes to give the exams, would it be at the same time it is given in all flight schools under the same licence type (JAA)?
Also the books for the ATPL theory, is it practically the same the Spanish books as the English ones, i.e. if I were to do my ATPL theory in a spanish flight school would it be the same as doing the ATPL theory in OAT?
The reason I ask this is because I'm not sure about the technical level of Spanish that would be given for the ATPL because as I consider English as the language I speak fluently (and have done all of my A levels in english), I'm not sure whether I would find the theory hard to understand or not, and if the materials were the same/similar it could help me out.
Can someone give me some feedback if they've had similar problems or any advice or suggestions?

Thank you.

dimitris_m
16th Oct 2007, 07:48
JAA ATPL= English, no matter where you do it, the exams are in English

tgflyer
16th Oct 2007, 09:47
I suggest you go to the spanish forum and clear it there.
Reason being that in Germany, for example, you can do 12 out of 14 exams in German. Your best bet is to check with the school or the appropriate authorities.

Rgds

TG