PDA

View Full Version : Where's East West Loco?

ACMS
15th Oct 2007, 15:42
Haven't seen a post from him for ages?

or am I getting blind in my old age?

ACMS
15th Oct 2007, 15:44
Just did a search, 4th July was his last post?
Where ya been East West?:)

Fantome
16th Oct 2007, 00:25
Just spoke with the man himself. He's been laid up for a while in the house-sick but is now back at his desk with a fair old backlog and when he's caught up he says he will be back in the blazing saddle.

Buster Hyman
16th Oct 2007, 02:04
he will be back in the blazing saddle....Relapse?:confused:

tail wheel
16th Oct 2007, 07:49
Taking too many airline familiarisation flights I suspect!

:}

bushy
16th Oct 2007, 12:37
He's doing the sensible aviation stuff. You get paid for that.

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th Oct 2007, 13:21
"Where's East West Loco? "

Shunted on to the North South line ?

LocoDriver
16th Oct 2007, 21:07
or steaming merrily on main line stuff?
Shuntings too time consuming........
:E:E:E

Eastwest Loco
29th Oct 2007, 10:58
Thank you for your concern good peoples but rumours of my demise were overstated.

Going semi fine down here, and educationals/famils are a thing of the past in most instances.

I have a nice one next month now as we are QF Platinum Agents - annual dinner is in Longreach. I join the chartered 737 ex Sydney (most likely a 300 series as if it goes U/S they can just add it to the museum and fly us back on XBA - I bloody wish!! - or even better - the L 49) and feed us flying back the next day. The is also a Q400 rolling ex Brisvegas and I look forward to having a look at her.

If any of you gets the gig on that run, please look for the huge b@stard desperately trying to fend off the outback heat with beer. 17NOV SYD LRE - RON - then back.

It should be great as I really want a good look at the L49 and the 707. EBQ will be interesting, but the old girls hold the magic.

Have spoken to a mythical Woomera a few times over the "lost months" and our little Agency knocked off all Tasmanian Agencies yet again for total QF sales for the year. I even have the QF A380 Sky Marks model complete with landing gear and plaque on the base to prove it. The QF dude who built it was not over impressed when I asked if Chinese LAMES had built it - the horizontal stabs were inserted upside down.

Must be a sore point!:p:E

Thank you for your concern, but the old Loco Bloko is running on all cylinders, if a little on the rich side and not developing quite the shaft horsepower the maker intended. Damned near.

It's all good though.

best regards

Ron

EWL