PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Please.

banewboi
15th Oct 2007, 13:47
Hi guys,

I have been lucky enough to get one interview with a GA operator for crew but was told i didn't have enough experience but when i did i'd be welcome, i'm hard working, enthusiastic and i know i can do it, all i need is a break, i've sent about 30 CV's out and i'm just sitting around waiting, can anyone help? all i need is the chance to prove i can do it!

Spam Up
15th Oct 2007, 14:07
What is your experience level just now ?

Are you in curent flying practice ?

Might help in advising !

Spam Up

banewboi
15th Oct 2007, 14:13
Like i said i'm goin for crew, i've done 18 months in first with BA, i normally run the galley, i did a year/14months with thomson, i'm 24 and i've got a good head on my shoulders. every operator that i can find has had my CV. i just need a foot in the door, to prove to myself and everyone else i can do it!

I couldn't even begin to tell you how grateful i'd be for any help with that foot!

Duck Rogers
15th Oct 2007, 16:47
banewboi.

I think what G Spot is trying to get you to say is whether you are looking for work on the flight deck or in the cabin. In this enlightened age both are 'crew'.

flightlevelchange
15th Oct 2007, 18:22
Banewboi

Think i can get where your coming from, your looking for a corporate cabin crew job.

Your 24 and about 3 years flying expeience, is that right??

Your up against lots of people with a lot more flying experience, but good for you for getting to at least one interview. I see your in the UK, to be honest your up against it, there are only a few corporate jobs for males in the uk, and the competition for these is huge, for one job there will be hundreds of applicants. But what I read into what they have told you is get more experience and come back and see them, well that isn't so bad is it. It is a very difficult field to get into, but good on you for hanging in.

A lot of the guys flying corporate have been doing it for years and some it took years to get in the door, and they have lots of flying experience, so you might just need to bide your time and see what happens.

hope this helps

FLC

banewboi
22nd Oct 2007, 16:40
Any input is great from anyone, i was talking to a netjet's pilot in GVA the other day and he just said push and push and push, one of my friends said i should have asked for his card!! i really do just need a foot in the door, i've compiled a fairly large list of contacts and companies, i just need somethin to give a little help. i guess you don't get if you don't ask.