PDA

View Full Version : BMI Hold Pool

scudbus258
14th Oct 2007, 19:01
Hey Guys,

I with 16 others, am in the hold pool with BMI mainline waiting for a type rating on the 320 to start at LHR. Was expectin Jan or Feb 08 course when we get this poo-a-gram that all interviews are cancelled and courses frozen due to the 330's not coming untill spring 09. Was just wondering if anyone had heard whats going on with the people already in the holing pool and what your next move is.... i.e looking elswhere of sweeting it out to see what happens. Plus if anyone has an idea on the requirement for next summer.

Many Thanks

SB

Tommy' C
14th Oct 2007, 20:11
Firstly, congratulations on making the BMI holdpool.

Surely it wouldn't do any damage to keep searching for interviews etc. No point waiting if you could be flying for another company in the mean time. In my opinion.

Regards

groundhappytwo
15th Oct 2007, 12:56
16 people in the BMI holdpool at the moment. Just wondering how long they've been treading water and what an average wait would be before starting the type conversion.

Have they had any indication from management of how long they will have to wait with the change in A330 requirements.

Are people starting to look at other alternatives?:(

Kempus
15th Oct 2007, 15:47
There are also another 6 who have done the sim check and been waiting up to 4 weeks to hear the result!
At least the guys in the pool know they are there, we're all in limbo!
As for the wait, what was originally 6 months......... well add an extra 3 I say!
kempus

groundhappytwo
15th Oct 2007, 17:54
Nine months wouldn't be too bad. Maybe McDonalds would do a short contract. Might even get a couple of Gold Stars in the process. The kudos!!!:ok:

Kempus
15th Oct 2007, 19:44
Yeah but thats for those at the front of the pool, 4 a month so those at the end of the pool thats an additional 4-5 months on top of that 9 and bearing in mind they have been waiting since July, thats a total of 17 months worst case! mmmmmm!

What would you do?

BlueRobin
15th Oct 2007, 20:35
Is there a hold pool presently in place for BM Regional?

alphaadrian
17th Oct 2007, 20:01
Blue Robin

I dont know if there is a hold pool for Regional but there are certainly some pilots who have been interviewed (successfully) and still waiting to be sim checked. I am one of them. Interview was back in June.

Alpha:ok:

BlueRobin
17th Oct 2007, 21:17
Thanks Adrian,

I'd love to get my hands on a E145 :)

(anyone) Is Steve Saint still there?

MJR
18th Oct 2007, 06:25
Yes there is a hold pool for bmi regional, new aircraft reported for early 2008, so hopefully it will start to empty then.

cheers

MJR