PDA

View Full Version : Ops Vacancies

Mad_Dog11
20th Aug 2001, 11:03
Hello all,

There are vacancies for Ops Controllers at IJS in the LHR area. Good pay. Opportunities to obtain FAA licence. If anyone is interested you can send me your CV to the email in my profile and i'll pass it on to the relevant person. likewise if anyone wants any further info then drop me a line.

cheers all!

MD

Nearly Christmas
20th Aug 2001, 13:49
Mad Dog

Why the big push on IJS are you having big problems getting the right staff. I see you guys have posted about 4 adverts on this web site. yet I havent read about it in any of the usual places ie.. flight mag.

good luck......NC

Mad_Dog11
20th Aug 2001, 14:24
NC,
The other posts came from people outside the company. We are not in fact looking for an Ops Manager as stated in a previous posting! We need more ops controllers and assistants as a result of planned expansion - and I expect you will see the adverts in Flight and Skyport shortly - just thought i would give everyone on here a heads up!

Regards

MD

Nearly Christmas
20th Aug 2001, 17:32
What sort of package is on offer, and what is the "ball park" salary.

VIKING9
20th Aug 2001, 18:24
Hey crimbo, Volga Dnepr are looking for 2 controllers. £23k dosho :cool: :cool:

VIKING9
20th Aug 2001, 20:24
[ 20 August 2001: Message edited by: VIKING9 ]

Mad_Dog11
20th Aug 2001, 23:49
"Ball park" figure is £20-21k depending on experience and 16K for assistants (after probationary period). Company also sends their dispatchers to AFDTC / DFW for their licence. We mainly operate corporate Boeing aircraft from 727's up to 767's. If anyone wants any further information then drop me a line.

Regards

MD

SAIIP
22nd Aug 2001, 19:23
I heard they are a very good company to work for. Staff are well look after. Don't know anything more. ;)

Deep Float
23rd Aug 2001, 03:02
SAIIP,
Didnt you leave??

Anyway, if you like 12 hour shifts and wanna learn worldwide flight planning, dealing with the Africa factor then this is the place to work. You might also meet the greates pr@tt that captains corporate 727's in the world, although he might retire soon. It's good fun when it's busy, but as with everything in aviation, you can find yourselves doing nothing for days. And then the 12 hours are very very long. They do have a comfortable sofa though......
The people in Ops and Charters are nice, friendly and helpful, and I hear they move to a new office, out of that depressing building in TW1.

GWYN
23rd Aug 2001, 14:10
Mad_Dog

The e-mail address in your profile doesn't seem to work. Can you advise?

Mad_Dog11
23rd Aug 2001, 19:28
My email seems to be working fine. I can confirm it is [email protected]

If you still experience problems then advise your email and i can send a post to you.

Regards

MD

SAIIP
25th Aug 2001, 08:10
Hi Deep Float,

Long time no see. How are you doing.
Drop me a line. Would love to hear from you.

p.s. At least we all have a good time at IJS do we?! :D

Simon

Tallapoosa
25th Aug 2001, 09:07
MD

Is it just Ops Controllers you are looking ?
What about Ops Supervisors ?? I currently employed by a VIP charter firm in Scotland for the past 4 years and earning a packet, but am thinking of moving into the London area preferably looking for an Ops Supervisory position. Do you at IJS already have a Supervisor ? or would you be interested in employing my services.

I do hold a FAA Dispatch Licence , graduated from the Sheffield School of Aeronautics back in 1992. I hear that the AFDTC school in DFW aren't very good when it comes to actually teaching the syllabus, but they are somewhat good at handing out Disp Licences.

Thats what I hear, please do not quote me on that. Anyway please let me know if you have a supervisory position available within your company.

TP

Ps. Where can I send my CV and to whom shoud I address it to.

Tallapoosa
25th Aug 2001, 09:12
Viking

Got an email for the Volga Dnepr ref the 2 Ops controllers vac.

TP

Mad_Dog11
25th Aug 2001, 19:51
Hello TP

Send your CV to my email in my profile

MD

Tallapoosa
27th Aug 2001, 20:32
MD

You have asked for my CV, will this be for a Supervisory position within the company ?

TP

Deep Float
28th Aug 2001, 00:43
Tallapoosa,
I am afraid you've got the wrong picture about the company in question. Supervisory position only means you can be phoned at home day and night when you get stuck. It's not that big.

Flyin' High
28th Aug 2001, 01:28
TP, you do not seem to have an email address in your profile.

I would like some details about who you work for, where etc etc

I am based in Scotland and would like to stay here.

Obviously you may not want to post your details on this public forum, my email address is in my profile, I would appreciate some advice/info.

Tallapoosa
28th Aug 2001, 21:00
Deep

What is wrong with that company, according to the website they look very professional.

And I have hared that they are a great bunch of people to work with.. Can you tell me different.

TP

Deep Float
29th Aug 2001, 23:10
Talla,
Nothing wrong with that company. I was just saying it's very small, and supervisory positions are not abundant.

But as I left there in June, I am not the person to speak to! Why dont you ring them up and pay them a visit. As you know the website, you got the number!

Succes!

Mad_Dog11
30th Aug 2001, 07:41
Well i dont think we are that small Deep!! You should see the ops board at the moment!

1 x A310
1 x A320
4 x B737
4 x B727
1 x B767
1 x B757
1 x BBJ
2 x Glex's
1 x Jetstar
2 x Citation II

Not bad for a very small company!

Hows things over by lovely Stanwell?

regards

MD

Yasser Arafat
31st Aug 2001, 02:46
MD-11

Saw your post about your ops board. I have been to your offices in the uk (TW1) during a short visit. I by the way work at the same airport where the 757/767 are based (OEJN).

Now I wouldn't say you are a very small company!!!, in fact on the day of my visit which was in latter part of May 01, I saw your ops board, it looked somewhat CLEAN!!

You had plenty of acft on the other smaller size board which I thought looked rather pretty, but not on the actual active operations board.

You said the ops board was busy at the moment, well how often does that happen (Busy) and you can't call a Citation II an aircraft really now can you ??.

I work as a dispatcher for a private VIP operations on a much larger scale than the 757/767 company, we have our own 777/767/747
VIP fleet of aircraft also based in and around the OEJN location and other airports within the Kingdom.

I notice you are looking for staff within your organisation, our company also has requirements for (6) FAA 121 licenced Dispatchers to be based in and around the Kingdom at our various locations. The pay scale is excellent I can safely say it is in the excess of Stg 25K (tax free) depending on experience with housing and medical thrown in.

Our VIP fleet consists of :

4 x B767-200ER
1 x B777
3 x B747-400
2 x B747-200
5 x Gulfstream 5's
4 x Citation X
3 x B757
4 x Sikorsky S76 (VIP - Helio's)
3 x BBJ

We have been operation for the past 10 years.

YA :)

macraezy
31st Aug 2001, 18:40
scotsman with faa license seeks ops position! anywhere can travel for right package

fullthrottle
1st Sep 2001, 12:54
YA

Can you give me details of who and how to apply?

Also, where are the most likely bases for any new dispatchers?

Mad_Dog11
1st Sep 2001, 14:56
Hello Yasser

You say you have a B777? Well there are only 2 VIP 777's in the world, and we both know who one of them belongs to. The other one flys for an operator that does not have 757's, so your fleet list does not add up. And that 777 is not even owned by them!. And the Citation II's on our ops board are probably about the same size as your white lear 35's with the red cross on the tail!

Speak to you soon Yasser

Regards

MD

Deep Float
1st Sep 2001, 18:06
MD,
Good going mate! Much better when it's busy.

About where I work now, well I'm bored beyond belief. Luckily my previous employer in my home country has asked me to come back, so I might just do that, although I plan to remain living here.

OO-AOG
1st Sep 2001, 21:08
Yasser,

You say that you have 3 VIP 744s in your fleet?!
Apart of Japan government's ones, there's only 3 of them worldwide to my knowledge: the Sultan's one in Brunei, Amiri's one in Abu Dhabi and the one operated by Kuwait Airways. Wich ones are you operating out of the OEJN area?! :eek: :confused:
Really curious on that one, thanks for your reply.

Cheers
OO-AOG
Another red cross Learjet dispatcher :D

Mad_Dog11
1st Sep 2001, 23:01
Hello Deep! Good to see things are looking up for you! ( and me as well! i write this as Owen just scored his third against germany!) U wanna meet up for a few beers?

Yasser - i think you should check your Biz-jet books before making up a fantasy company with a fantasy aircraft list! (cheers to AOG for his input!)

Anyway, thanks to all who wrote to me, and we will be in contact soon.

Regards to all

MD-11

mutt
2nd Sep 2001, 09:25
Yasser Arafat

Your fleet list sounds wonderful, but the aircraft aren’t based at my local airport. Nor does any Saudi company that I am familiar with operate such a fleet. It does however sound like a list of aircraft which were handled by Arabasco or Jet Aviation in the last year.

Mad_dog11

Who exactly are IJS and what do they do? Your fleet list appears to include the aircraft operated by Mid East Jet and some other smaller companies. Do you actually own any?

Mutt :)

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: mutt ]

Mad_Dog11
2nd Sep 2001, 13:28
Hi Mutt,

Never said that those aircraft were in our fleet list, just that they were on our ops board.

We provide ops support for MEJ and various other companies. We also charter aircraft as well when we have the need. And we do indeed have our own 727's.

Regards

MD

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: Mad_Dog11 ]