PDA

View Full Version : Servisair at Bristol International

SpeedBird22
21st Apr 2001, 16:38
Hi,

I've just applied for a job as rampagent at BRS with Servisair. Its just a part time thingy to keep my bank balance in the green and to enable me to get a bit of aviation work experience.

Anyway, is there anyone out there who has worked for Servisair before and can tell me what it'll be like? What are the shifts/benfits/holidays etc like??

Cheers,

:) :) SpeedBird22 :) :)

mzfw
28th Apr 2001, 05:22
Speedbird22

Having worked for Servisair for many years... what can I say???

The money is poor, the conditions are poor, BUT THE EXPERIENCE IS INVALUABLE.
I am now with an airline (2nd I've worked for). Without the knowledge and expertise gained whilst working for Servisair I wouldn't be where I am now.
From talking to other handling agent staff - they are all the same. Go for it and get the best grounding in airport life as there is
Good Luck

SpeedBird22
28th Apr 2001, 15:50
Mzfw,

I got the job :) Start Monday 7th....

Cheers for replying - the experience really is one of the main reasons I applied - I just hope its bearable. But hey, having worked at Boots as a shelf stacker for a couple of years anything'll be good.

Any more info about the sort of people who work for Servisair (in general)?? Are there a lot of aspiring pilots?

Cheers again,

:) SpeedBird22 :)

scrummer
28th Apr 2001, 17:47
I use to work for servisair Brs not that long ago. The pay isn't to bad for a rampagent,the info I had from other stations was it was one of the highest. The pension is well worth joining, You're in for a very busy summer especially with Go starting. Like the above post stated the experience is very good if you want to futher your career. E-mail me for any further info

mzfw
29th Apr 2001, 04:56
Speedbird22

Congratulations

Mostly a good bunch of people. There are usually a few aspiring pilots, but generally this is a good thing as they tend to be a bit more understanding when they make it to the get into the hotseat.

Have fun - you'll love it

5552N0426W
29th Apr 2001, 23:14
Congrats SpeedBird22
Look after our flights well as they transit BRS during the night to EDI and BOH.

No doubt I'll be talking to you sometime.

mzfw
15th May 2001, 02:06
Speedbird22

How's it going?

15th May 2001, 02:25
Speedbird22

How is it over there?

If you dont mind me asking, how much are you on there as a ramp agent?
What are the shifts?
E-Mail me if you prefer not to 'post' it.

Cheers.

152 :)

SpeedBird22
15th May 2001, 02:56
G'evening everyone,

Thanks for the interest - its going really well actually. I spent most of the first few days clambering happily around 737s and A320's. Its hard work but being around the planes makes it much much more enjoyable.

152 - Its good, but tough. There is a rolling roster system so that you never do exactly the same shift pattern until a few weeks have passed. The roster itself is fairly random. There are some six hour shifts and a few killer eleven hours but the majority of them are eight.

The times vary from shifts like 0530 - 1500 (which is the earliest start time) to 1900 - 0300.

With regards pay, it starts at a fairly decent £6.10 an hour rising after six months probation. I think thats good for a manual labour type job....

Anyway once again thanks again for all the support - drop in for a chat if you pass thru BRS :)

:) SpeedBird22 :)