PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Training College

fd_737
20th Apr 2001, 08:07
This training school opened in Dubai is conducting FAA approved dispatcher's course.What is the standard of this school?
Is it the best in Asia?

romeo747
23rd Apr 2001, 18:23
The Dispatcher courses at the Emirates Training Centre in Dubai is a joint venture between Emirates Airlines and the Airline Dispatch Training Centre, Dallas Texas.

The only difference is that the courses in Dubai are much better then the ones in Dallas. Better classrooms, better teachers and excellent atmosphere. Mr. Prakash, who is doing the courses there is a very good teacher and better than these boys in Texas.

The exams are the same, as the FAA examiners from Texas are doing the exams in Dubai as well.

So if you are thinking of where to go for your license, then I really can recommend Dubai. If you need any more details or have any questions please contact me.

spatch
20th Jun 2001, 14:41
Question of the Month - FAA approval
Q: Are there FAA-approved dispatcher schools located outside the USA?
Although there are claims on the Internet that such an FAA approval exists, the legal answer is NO.
One FAA-approved school in the U.S.A. posed this question to the FAA in Washington D.C. and this was the response:
A: "The bottom line, since we do not have the FAA resources to support and provide oversight /surveillance for a school outside the U.S., we cannot approve a school outside the U.S."
This reply was from the FAA-Washington D.C. - October 31, 2000. It appears that an "FAA approval" was issued prematurely without the appropriate coordination with Washington D.C.. FAA approvals are also subject to renewal and FAA licenses are subject to revocation or suspension for retesting purposes. Select your school wisely.

ETOPS MAN
21st Jun 2001, 00:24
fd 737,

It may pay to look at the price difference also!
Emirates Training........
6 week course $4500 US
2 week accelerated $2500 US, add on your airfares, food, accomodation costs (Dubai Prices!) Expensive!?

Romeo747 I would like to know, how you know the differences between Texas and Dubai?

fd737, there are many options, not only Texas but Florida and Tucson. Also there is AGS who offer a correspondence course $1995 US with a 6 day residency course in either Long Beach CAL or Cinicinnati OHA.

Check out www.agsschools.com (http://www.agsschools.com)

If you have any questions on school quality check out www.dispatcher.org (http://www.disatcher.org) where you can ask a few questions with regards to what spatch mentioned.

Good luck in your choices.........

[This message has been edited by ETOPS MAN (edited 20 June 2001).]

romeo747
21st Jun 2001, 08:38
Hello Etops Man!

I share your points of view that one has to compare the cost. But it seems that FD 737 is from India and I think it will be cheaper for him to travel to DXB than to the US.

In regards to the differences between Texas and Dubai and how I know. Let me know, how I can contact you and I let you know.

Where are you working? What happened with the job in JED?