PDA

View Full Version : Who Where What Why?

Left Coaster
13th Oct 2007, 04:00
Quick research question...can anyone give me some idea about who stays where in ANC on your layovers? Looking to see about getting out of the current dump and get some quality hours... already know where to eat and drink... just need a good place to rest...6-10 rooms per night (Marriott etc) Thanks
LC

13th Oct 2007, 12:29
Atlas uses the Marriott, which is fine. However I prefer the Captain Cook, which we used to use.

I do not care for the Holiday Inn, but have not been there for several years.

And that is all I know. Good luck, and make sure that the hotel contract does not leave holes for them to deny you rooms during the summer.

Intruder
13th Oct 2007, 18:56
Some are at the Sheraton, too. More expensive than the Marriott, and not as convenient to downtown stores and hangouts. Hilton may be a good alternate.

I've also stayed at the Inlet Tower (NOT the Inlet Inn!). Not as fancy as the Marriott or Capt Cook, but a nice place.

zerozero
14th Oct 2007, 00:01
And with this final addition:

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumanchorage/index.html

...that pretty much completes the list. Everything after that starts to go down hill.

Willit Run
14th Oct 2007, 01:24
Some crews stay at the Hilton Garden hotel on the corner of "C" street and Tudor. Good and very cheap breakfasts! Right next door is a TGI fridays, across the street is an Applebee's, , Lonestar steak house, Stuart Andersons, Pete's Sushi Spot right down the block. Right next door to the Hilton Garden is a "Homestead Suites". And i do mean SWEET! very nice rooms, free breakfasts, free evening food and alcohol(beer and wine). 24 hour shuttle service to downtown. free internet Walmart is a 15 minute walk, Outback steak house is close, Various oriental places with in walking distance. ABC is walking distance too!