PDA

View Full Version : Question for B777 crews (cabin crew perhaps)

hard_yakka
12th Oct 2007, 10:56
I flew in back on an AirNZ B777 from San Francisco to Auckland a while back. Got a whole row of economy seats to myself. Cool! Went to stretch out and found that the armrests only went up far enough to achieve a sort of "Heil Hitler" angle. Is there a button you can push or latch you can trip to get the armrest to go all the way up?

If not, what genius designed that feature? I'm sure it can be rationalised at some level, but it seemed kind of dumb to me when traveling SLF style. Maybe they thought the 7^3 economy was getting too roomy and no-one would buy biz class if they knew they could get comfy in economy...(when the opportunity presented itself). Solution... put up barriers.

Any B777 crew care to comment or enlighten?:rolleyes:

PyroTek
12th Oct 2007, 11:03
Usually on seats there is either a thumb button which is silver which you use when pulling the armrest up, or there might be a little leaver at the very front of the armrest where you put your finger at the bottom and lift the little leaver in order to pull it up.

Maybe your seat wasn't working properly?

forget
12th Oct 2007, 11:27
Is there a button you can push or latch you can trip to get the armrest to go all the way up?

Were there no cabin crew aboard to ask :confused:

farrari
13th Oct 2007, 20:45
As the 777 is fly by wire you the pax have no control Mr Computer does:cool: